Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The universe as a conscious holographic information processor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: NASA/ESA/ESO</strong>
Image credit: NASA/ESA/ESO
Brendan D. Murphy: Some 2,500 years ago the Buddhist text, the Avatamsaka Sutra, described the cosmos allegorically through the imagery of Indra’s net. In the heavenly abode of the deity Indra, there was cast an infinite net reaching in all directions, and at each node point in the net there was a jewel, each reflecting the light of all the others—infinitely. Should any jewel be touched, each of the infinite other jewels would instantly be affected, presaging Bell’s theorem that everything is interconnected in this interdependent universe. The Buddhist vision essentially describes a holographic universe—our holographic universe. In The Tao of Physics, Capra explains the relevance of Indra’s net to particle physics, stating that “particles are dynamically composed of one another in a self-consistent way, and in that sense can be said to ‘contain’ one another.” This is a principle of the hologram: that each part contains within it the information that codes for the whole. In other words, all information fundamentally exists nonlocally, infinitely reflected in all the facets of existence.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    ovaz1088

ovaz1088

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

• 'He who would not forgive must judge, for he must justify his failure to forgive.'

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 17 October 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: NASA/ESA/ESO</strong>
Image credit: NASA/ESA/ESO
Brendan D. Murphy: Some 2,500 years ago the Buddhist text, the Avatamsaka Sutra, described the cosmos allegorically through the imagery of Indra’s net. In the heavenly abode of the deity Indra, there was cast an infinite net reaching in all directions, and at each node point in the net there was a jewel, each reflecting the light of all the others—infinitely. Should any jewel be touched, each of the infinite other jewels would instantly be affected, presaging Bell’s theorem that everything is interconnected in this interdependent universe. The Buddhist vision essentially describes a holographic universe—our holographic universe. In The Tao of Physics, Capra explains the relevance of Indra’s net to particle physics, stating that “particles are dynamically composed of one another in a self-consistent way, and in that sense can be said to ‘contain’ one another.” This is a principle of the hologram: that each part contains within it the information that codes for the whole. In other words, all information fundamentally exists nonlocally, infinitely reflected in all the facets of existence.

Posted Image View: Full Article
It's where spirituality and science meet again. We went in a huge circle, as stated; for the experience I guess lol. Hope everyone's enjoying it; I am.

#3    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Any  one who has read the book of  Urantia and suspected it to have some validity already had a notion of what our Physicists are discovering today. I said this same thing in another article thread on here some months ago. It's the same as everything that has to do with everything, it is all connected. Even the rocks will cry out for GOD. In other words the Universes and dimensions are all one, nothing is separate from the other. We are told in all religions that what God is, is incomprehensible to man.

Our random universe is turning out to be, not so random after all.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#4    randym23

randym23

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

• the question IS the answer

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

quantum entanglement :)

and visit my site:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users