Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Paranormal activity 3

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    scaredsilly

scaredsilly

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

• "In an open mind, there is always room to move."

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

Has anyone seen it? is it worth watching? I have seen the first 2

#2    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

I don't think it's out yet.  :huh:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#3    Angelicon

Angelicon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

It's out here (Holland) today. But sadly its only playing 70 miles away so am waiting to see it in other ways.

#4    scaredsilly

scaredsilly

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

• "In an open mind, there is always room to move."

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

It came out yesterday (where I live), just want to know if its worth watching

#5    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

View Postscaredsilly, on 20 October 2011 - 07:43 AM, said:

Has anyone seen it? is it worth watching? I have seen the first 2
I'll be honest I've only seen the first & I was highly disappointed.
Spoiler
That being said I still plan on watching the other 2 just because they are movies & I'll watch just about anything once & I am interested in seeing how they tie in the first film. However I will be watching them with much lower expectations. I am definitely not going to believe half the hype they've received. Who knows, maybe with lowered expectations I'll enjoy the other more.  

View PostBracket, on 20 October 2011 - 08:02 AM, said:

I don't think it's out yet.  :huh:
I believe it came out at 12:00 am today. I wouldn't quote me on that though.

Edited by Biff Wellington, 22 October 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#6    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:05 AM

I wasn't impressed with the first one so I doubt I'll watch either one or two. Maybe if they are on TV and there isn't anything better on.

#7    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

They were not bad and I hope to see the third. I waited untilled the hype was gone to watch them though.
Its like watching the village by shamalan. Go into it with preconceived notions and the movie sucks. Go into it without expectations and the movie was one heck of a novel idea.
I hate when something is hyped. It totally ruins it for me whether its TV movies or music. Even artwork... heck the Mona Lisa is not what you would expect if you see it in person. A lot of hype makes the painting seem grandiose but in person its quite a small painting. Still good though just an aura of hype.....
Well that's my pennies worth anyways.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#8    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 22 October 2011 - 03:56 AM, said:

They were not bad and I hope to see the third. I waited untilled the hype was gone to watch them though.
Its like watching the village by shamalan. Go into it with preconceived notions and the movie sucks. Go into it without expectations and the movie was one heck of a novel idea.
I hate when something is hyped. It totally ruins it for me whether its TV movies or music. Even artwork... heck the Mona Lisa is not what you would expect if you see it in person. A lot of hype makes the painting seem grandiose but in person its quite a small painting. Still good though just an aura of hype.....

I completely agree...I try not to read any reviews before I see anything. And usually the trailers show the best parts.

I wasn't impressed with the first one so I doubt I'll watch either one or two.

Brain fart, that should have been two and three. :blush:

#9    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 22 October 2011 - 03:56 AM, said:

I agree. I think it was the hype that ruined the 1st for. I'm actually getting ready to watch 2nd right now & I'm going into it with much lower expectations. I should know better by now than to listen to the hype, but sometimes I still fall.

#10    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

The weird part of the first one I had to get used to was the fact that first... it wasn't a typical Hollywood production. Is was basically Indie. So the way the movie was. Made just did not match what I was used to with Hollywood A movies. The second is it was supposed to feel like a home video diary/documentary. The movement of the camera took a bit to get used to also. Then I realized that is was supposed to feel off. Abnormal if you will. This was a hi def  home video. Tada.!  Eureka I found the mindset.... at that point I was able to watch both one and two and enjoyed them for what they were. And honestly for me not too shabby. Believe me they could have done much much worse with the home movie style viewing experience.  And it was so subtle that the end actually threw me for a loop. I wasn't expecting the end.
Had I been expecting a typical Hollywood style flick I definitely would have been disappointed.
Well that's two pennies now so I'm out of here...
Talk to you all later
Aus

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 22 October 2011 - 04:40 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#11    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

never mind...

Edited by Michelle, 22 October 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#12    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

It's out here in Sydney, and i'm seeing it tomorrow. I enjoyed the first two, well more so the first one, but hopefully this one will be good also.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#13    asc.rudeboy

asc.rudeboy

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

• I WOULD RATHER DIE ON MY FEET THEN LIVE ON MY KNEES!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

i liked the first one more after watching the second one, they pull it together and kind of make it a deeper layered story,they threw in more jump moments.im hoping the 3rd one will get even deeper into the story..

on a side note i found both to be a better experience to watch with a group,i dont jump at movies often if at all but something about a crowd jumping together that was fun to see and hear..i found when i watched these at the house i was to easily distracted to enjoy all the little creepy things.

#14    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

View PostMichelle, on 22 October 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

never mind...
Awe I bet you had something good to say..

#15    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 22 October 2011 - 04:39 AM, said:

The weird part of the first one I had to get used to was the fact that first... it wasn't a typical Hollywood production. Is was basically Indie. So the way the movie was. Made just did not match what I was used to with Hollywood A movies. The second is it was supposed to feel like a home video diary/documentary. The movement of the camera took a bit to get used to also. Then I realized that is was supposed to feel off. Abnormal if you will. This was a hi def  home video. Tada.!  Eureka I found the mindset.... at that point I was able to watch both one and two and enjoyed them for what they were. And honestly for me not too shabby. Believe me they could have done much much worse with the home movie style viewing experience.  And it was so subtle that the end actually threw me for a loop. I wasn't expecting the end.
Had I been expecting a typical Hollywood style flick I definitely would have been disappointed.
Well that's two pennies now so I'm out of here...
Talk to you all later
Aus
I think what bothered me about the first one was that I was expecting something more frightful (again I fell for the hype & expected more than I should have), especially when I'm used to some pretty disturbing films. However I'm 1/3rd of the way through the 2nd film & I am pleasantly surprised.
Spoiler
Maybe it's all of it, but I am actually much happier with what I am watching this time. Let's hope that the next 2/3rds doesn't suddenly disappoint. Keep in mind it could also be that I'm fueled by whiskey this time. DAMN! I'm almost out of whiskey!... oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users