Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK Man Demoted For Non-PC Facebook Post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostH.H. Holmes, on 23 October 2011 - 04:35 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but this is just wrong and totally disregards this man's right to express himself, unless such a right doesn't exist in the UK.

His post was most reasonable, it didn't contain any inflammatory language or homophobic slurs, yet he still got demoted and his pay cut because of one private facebook post.

He simply did not agree with gays getting married in churches, which is an understandable view when you consider his religious background. I might not agree with his comment, but it was not in any way out of bounds when it came to language. He was just expressing his opinion through a (supposedly) private forum.

I believe someone who didn't fancy him too much in his circle of acquaintances was the one who brought this up to higher management.

I just think this goes way too far when a certain view is pushed onto a population through force. Losing a major portion of income can be horribly devastating on a person, especially if you have a family to support, like this man.

He should have immediately resigned and gone to a tribuneral for constructive dismissal.

Religious freedoms are protected by law so he would have won as its discrimination on grounds of religious beliefs.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 06 February 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#32    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Post__Kratos__, on 24 October 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

It was his personal blog or wall on facebook. Nothing to do with his work. =/

It is odd though that as a christian he's so against homosexuals when Jesus and John would probably have gotten married in a church if they were alive today.

If Jesus was homophobic, His spirit would've been unclean and therfore He couldn't have provided the ransom sacrifice which He did. It took Jesus to pay the ransom sacrifice because He was the only one who was without sin.

One cannot claim their own version of the facts, and so It'll benefit you to study the Bible if you want to talk about the events depicted.

#33    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,064 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

View Postali smack, on 06 February 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

I'm glad he won his court case and even Peter Tatchell was sticking up for this poor man.
He wasn't homophobic in the slightest. He just wrote on his facebook on his status
he didn't think gay marriage should be allowed in a church but he thought it was ok
in a registry office.
the guy is entitled to his opinions.
he's hardly Nick Griffin is he
This.

It is ridiculous to think that because you are known as an employee of a company you lose your right to your own opinion on social issues - they really do not have the right to snuff out personal views, just because they do not agree with them.  He did not post a hate speech fgs.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#34    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm afraid to say that in modern Britain Christians are the only religion who aren't allowed to express their religious beliefs.

I think it's also very disturbing, and reminiscent of the Soviet Union, that people in modern Britain are not allowed to publicly express views which contradict those of the ruling Left Wing Establishment.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 09 February 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#35    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,048 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm eagerly anticipating the day when it's reported in the newspapers that a mosque has been prosecuted for refusing to perform same-sex marriages, or that the Old Bill has been banging on the doors of a madrassa because the Imam hasn't been teaching his pupils the joys of gay relationships!

It's gonna be a long wait, I suspect.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users