Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

R.I.P. Gaddafi


  • Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#136    RonPrice

RonPrice

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2005
  • Location:George Town Tasmania Australia

  • With fire We test the gold and with gold We test Our servants.-Baha'u'llah

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

GADDAFI: our best enemy

I was just getting back into the teaching profession in early September 1969 when the name Gaddafi was first in the news.  I had been married for 2 years, was busy moving into a flat in Picton Ontario, preparing to teach in Cherry Valley, a small rural community, and involved in opening another Baha段 locality in the then Nine Year Plan.(1)  I was still recovering emotionally from writing-off my car the week before to really take in the bloodless coup d弾tat against King Idris.(2)  Gaddafi was 27 then in 1969 and I was 25 and just starting out in the journey of my young adulthood.

Last night, now aged 68,  I watched a doco entitled Gaddafi: Our Best Enemy.(3)  It delved into the precarious and messy, complex and fascinating historical relationship between key western states and Gaddafi. By the time I watched this doco I was retired, on a pension, and continuing to play a part in Baha段 teaching plans which had formally begun some 75 years before. Gaddafi was dead.-Ron Price: references--(1)Baha段 Teaching Plan from 1964 to 1973; and (2)Wikipedia, and (3)SBSONE, 10:00-11:50 p.m. 1/11/11.

Gaddafi was just a name in the news
back then, news which blows at you
from some lighted chirping box or an
unlighted one known as a radio.So
much comes at us all as we go about
our jobs, our marriages, so many acts
in the day-to-day world as we all try
to survive the tempest blowing in our
world with the speed of light before
life ends in that twinkling of an eye.

Gaddafi was more than just a name by
the time I watched this doco, although
he was dead and had gone into a hole
for those who speak no more, as that
prophetic figure the Bab once put the
act of dying and death so graphically
in his 100s of 1000s of verses in Iran
before He, too, succumbed to guns!!!

You were more clever by half, as they
say these days, in spite of dishevelled
appearances when you were on TV &
negotiating with leaders and advisers
in the West. What a character you were
with a name one could spell 37 ways!!1

1  An article published in the London Evening Standard in 2004 lists a total of 37 spellings of his name, and 32 spellings are known at the Library of Congress.

Ron Price
22 February 2011 to 2 November 2011

P.S. The above prose-poem was begun 8 months before the death of Gaddafi and finished after watching the doco mentioned above.


#137    Habitat

Habitat

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,387 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:39 AM

Gaddafi appears to have made the cardinal error of relinquishing his nuclear materials, apparatus and blueprints, in 2003, to head off an Iraq-type experience. In the end, it didn't work.


#138    Little Fish

Little Fish

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,000 posts
  • Joined:23 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The default position is to give a ****

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:34 AM




#139    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,947 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

View Posttribalactivity, on 01 November 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

Because it is! The US and its Zionist friends have been planning this for years, There main agenda is to take control of the Middle East, Iran and Syria are the only 2 countries left in the way, There aim is to control the Caspian Sea the largest Oil Resource on the planet. Watch the pipelines go into India, Pakistan, China and Russia once they have full control, US economy will be saved! and we will be ruled by Zionist Americans with there One World Government, Any country that doesn't comply they shut the oil valves off!
Isn't that what the Soviets exactly and failed to do?


#140    Scott G

Scott G

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

View PostRonPrice, on 02 November 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

GADDAFI: our best enemy

I was just getting back into the teaching profession in early September 1969 when the name Gaddafi was first in the news.  I had been married for 2 years, was busy moving into a flat in Picton Ontario, preparing to teach in Cherry Valley, a small rural community, and involved in opening another Baha'i locality in the then Nine Year Plan.(1)  I was still recovering emotionally from writing-off my car the week before to really take in the bloodless coup d'etat against King Idris.(2)  Gaddafi was 27 then in 1969 and I was 25 and just starting out in the journey of my young adulthood.

Last night, now aged 68,  I watched a doco entitled Gaddafi: Our Best Enemy.(3)  It delved into the precarious and messy, complex and fascinating historical relationship between key western states and Gaddafi. By the time I watched this doco I was retired, on a pension, and continuing to play a part in Baha'i teaching plans which had formally begun some 75 years before. Gaddafi was dead.

After your mention of this documentary, I decided to watch it myself. I think it was mistaken on some points, but on the whole, I was quite impressed.

View PostLittle Fish, on 02 November 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:



Thanks for that Little Fish, very educational.


#141    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

View Posttribalactivity, on 01 November 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

Because it is! The US and its Zionist friends have been planning this for years, There main agenda is to take control of the Middle East, Iran and Syria are the only 2 countries left in the way, There aim is to control the Caspian Sea the largest Oil Resource on the planet. Watch the pipelines go into India, Pakistan, China and Russia once they have full control, US economy will be saved! and we will be ruled by Zionist Americans with there One World Government, Any country that doesn't comply they shut the oil valves off!

Venezuela has the second largest oil reserves in the world. So why aren't the evil Zionists attacking them? Why isn't Canada being invaded since based on reserve life they'll have oil longer than anyone else? Russia has over three times the amount of oil than the US does. They're not going to be bowing down to any American "world government". China definatly won't. And last I checked Zionists weren't running Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, or the UAE.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#142    Myles

Myles

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,011 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

View PostCorp, on 02 November 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Venezuela has the second largest oil reserves in the world. So why aren't the evil Zionists attacking them? Why isn't Canada being invaded since based on reserve life they'll have oil longer than anyone else? Russia has over three times the amount of oil than the US does. They're not going to be bowing down to any American "world government". China definatly won't. And last I checked Zionists weren't running Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, or the UAE.
Bingo!     Oil is not the major factor in this.


#143    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,120 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

View PostRonPrice, on 02 November 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

GADDAFI: our best enemy

I was just getting back into the teaching profession in early September 1969 when the name Gaddafi was first in the news.  I had been married for 2 years, was busy moving into a flat in Picton Ontario, preparing to teach in Cherry Valley, a small rural community, and involved in opening another Baha段 locality in the then Nine Year Plan.(1)  I was still recovering emotionally from writing-off my car the week before to really take in the bloodless coup d弾tat against King Idris.(2)  Gaddafi was 27 then in 1969 and I was 25 and just starting out in the journey of my young adulthood.

Last night, now aged 68,  I watched a doco entitled Gaddafi: Our Best Enemy.(3)  It delved into the precarious and messy, complex and fascinating historical relationship between key western states and Gaddafi. By the time I watched this doco I was retired, on a pension, and continuing to play a part in Baha段 teaching plans which had formally begun some 75 years before. Gaddafi was dead.-Ron Price: references--(1)Baha段 Teaching Plan from 1964 to 1973; and (2)Wikipedia, and (3)SBSONE, 10:00-11:50 p.m. 1/11/11.

Gaddafi was just a name in the news
back then, news which blows at you
from some lighted chirping box or an
unlighted one known as a radio.So
much comes at us all as we go about
our jobs, our marriages, so many acts
in the day-to-day world as we all try
to survive the tempest blowing in our
world with the speed of light before
life ends in that twinkling of an eye.

Gaddafi was more than just a name by
the time I watched this doco, although
he was dead and had gone into a hole
for those who speak no more, as that
prophetic figure the Bab once put the
act of dying and death so graphically
in his 100s of 1000s of verses in Iran
before He, too, succumbed to guns!!!

You were more clever by half, as they
say these days, in spite of dishevelled
appearances when you were on TV &
negotiating with leaders and advisers
in the West. What a character you were
with a name one could spell 37 ways!!1

1  An article published in the London Evening Standard in 2004 lists a total of 37 spellings of his name, and 32 spellings are known at the Library of Congress.

Ron Price
22 February 2011 to 2 November 2011

P.S. The above prose-poem was begun 8 months before the death of Gaddafi and finished after watching the doco mentioned above.


Many thanks for that RonPrice.

I tried to find the documentary you speak of....I went to a few sites that had the complete thing

and they all said it had been "removed by the user" !!

Then I found it on YouTube with later commentary added to it...and it split up into parts.

I'm curious, maybe I didn't persevere enough to find the original 'unadulterated' version?

Is that what you watched all these years later?



View PostScott G, on 02 November 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

After your mention of this documentary, I decided to watch it myself. I think it was mistaken on some points, but on the whole, I was quite impressed.

did you watch it on YouTube, Scott? Or did you find the complete original one anywhere?



I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I will.


Here's the first two YouTube parts for anyone who's interested...the other parts can be linked to there







#144    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,120 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

View PostLittle Fish, on 02 November 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:



excellent video Little Fish..... :tu:

Iraq = our reason for 'going in' = pack of lies

Libya = our reason for 'going in' = pack of lies


#145    Scepticus

Scepticus

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

View PostLittle Fish, on 02 November 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDY3jvcp44

Why talk so fasr? Is he handicappede? Serious question. Some sort of mental handicap that just make him talk so fast?

:D

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

#146    Mr_Snstr

Mr_Snstr

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • Live Free or Don't

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostMyles, on 02 November 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Bingo!     Oil is not the major factor in this.

No definately not THE factor, not one bit. Gadaffi could have been a great leader who loved his people and whos people loved him, or a brutal dictator and everyone feared him. Simple fact is he could not be controlled. He didn't play ball. There are worse dictators out there right now, we're not overthrowing them. They play ball.


#147    Scott G

Scott G

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

View Postbee, on 02 November 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

did you watch it on YouTube, Scott?

I did, yes.

View Postbee, on 02 November 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

Or did you find the complete original one anywhere?

I found an unfragmented version as well; however, the english subtitles were overwritten by spanish ones. I can understand spanish fairly well, and I can even understand french passably (the language it was done in), but I prefer english, so I saw the documentary in its fragmented form on youtube.

View Postbee, on 02 November 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I will.

Cool :-)


#148    Scott G

Scott G

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

View PostScepticus, on 02 November 2011 - 09:36 PM, said:

Why talk so fasr? Is he handicappede? Serious question. Some sort of mental handicap that just make him talk so fast?

:D

Do you think suggesting he's handicapped because he spoke too fast for your tastes is in any way constructive to this discussion? Did you even listen to what he had to say?


#149    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,120 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

View PostScott G, on 02 November 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:

I found an unfragmented version as well; however, the english subtitles were overwritten by spanish ones. I can understand spanish fairly well, and I can even understand french passably (the language it was done in), but I prefer english, so I saw the documentary in its fragmented form on youtube.

thanks....that one is all in one part...but it also has the added bits.

I'm wondering what has been left out (if anything)...what was it in the unadulterated version
that we weren't meant to see. Or was it that they wanted to stick the propaganda in.


#150    Scott G

Scott G

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostMr_Snstr, on 02 November 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

No definately not THE factor, not one bit. Gadaffi could have been a great leader who loved his people and whos people loved him, or a brutal dictator and everyone feared him. Simple fact is he could not be controlled. He didn't play ball. There are worse dictators out there right now, we're not overthrowing them. They play ball.

Yeah, I think that about sums it up. Here's a good article on the subject of Gaddafi's death:
Killing Gaddafi Spares ICC Embarrassment For US & Britain





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users