Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Pascagoula case

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#91    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 08 March 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

But you still do things you are not aware of - like sleepwalking yes?

Hickson described the UFO as “a blue light,” adding: “It circled a bit.” He emphasized it was blue, saying, “And you think you dreamin’ about something like that, you know”

I thought you are aware of what you do but what you see may not be there...i.e. you punch a monster you see....the punch motion is happening but there is no monster.....so you would have to paddle a boat even though hallucinating that you are being carried...this is where it falls down IMO

the dreaming comment he made is a figure of speach..(although you already know that :) )

Is this not a hole in the abduction claim?
yes its a big hole at the moment and that is why I presented it in fairness. From wording used I get the impression they were in the water as the 'beings hovered across the water'.....so how did they get their fishing gear and catfish back?

I agree with Kevin Randle who in­sists Hickson’s alterations went beyond embellishment. Specifically, he says, “These changes seemed to be in response to criticisms and appeared to be an attempt to smooth out rough spots in the story.”
Also consistent with my hypothesis.

rough spots such as?

That was an added detail too wasn't it? Didn't the original story only speak of a big eye like thing following them?

you are correct this detail was added later once hypnotic regression happened so safe to say we must ignore this coupled with 'embellishments' so we are not accused of cherry picking

Not one actual name?

ok try Diamond and Ryder as the first two :)

now, what were the names of those operators Joe'proven liar' Esterhas (possibly says he spoke to) mentions ? :innocent: :tu:

#92    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Cool - never read this one before...

You know what I find annoying (about people)? When you have a crazy experience like that, especially if you've tried to report it to air force or police... WHO THEN THINKS, 'Duuuh, I know, I'll contact the newspapers!'?!
What's the logic there???
This is especially bad if you want your case to be considered credible.

Edited by Paxus, 08 March 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#93    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostPaxus, on 08 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

You know what I find annoying (about people)? When you have a crazy experience like that, especially if you've tried to report it to air force or police... WHO THEN THINKS, 'Duuuh, I know, I'll contact the newspapers!'?!

hey Paxus, hope all is well....

this is a great case IMO.

the men actually called the army base first then were told they dont do UFOs, so the men thought about the paper next, they were shut, so the men ended up with the sheriff....

I guess its hard to think straight after such an experience....this is obvious from transcripts (recordings) of the men...

#94    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Postquillius, on 08 March 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

hey Paxus, hope all is well....

this is a great case IMO.

the men actually called the army base first then were told they dont do UFOs, so the men thought about the paper next, they were shut, so the men ended up with the sheriff....

I guess its hard to think straight after such an experience....this is obvious from transcripts (recordings) of the men...
Hey Quill! Likewise!

It is interesting. I didn't mean to detract from it by critisising people who go to the papers...

Edited by Paxus, 08 March 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#95    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

View Postquillius, on 08 March 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

come on Psyche this is a definite losing battle mate even with a man of your 'spinning' skill.....

So unless someone from the CIA FBI or bluebook intel is there then cannot be classed as military?!?!!??!

My response was to your question:

I thought the military used Majors, lieutenants etc....

and I thought the medical profession used DR.....

so are you saying those listed are doctors and NOT in the military?

edit to add: thats not forgetting it was conducted at the Keeslar base......and on headed paper in what was classed/labelled as 'Keeslar Official......

They are military doctors, not intel ops or some modern blue book. I really do not see anything out of the ordinary here. A military doctor is still a doctor. Spinning skills?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#96    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

View Postquillius, on 08 March 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

The spot this happened has Ingalls Shipyard at 1 mile south, and has the highway 90 about 150 yards to the North. So an isolated abondoned area, one mile away is classed as a perimeter and would be under video surveilance.....recording 24-7 with the tapes held for ages until Joe could come in and view to his hearts content.......Oh Joe......I have heard of poetic license but come on..... :innocent:

Did Joe have to view the tapes, or did he just have to talk to security at the shipyards? I have tried to get his email adress to ask him direct, and see if we can get a copy of his article, hoever, one must be a member of IMDB to attain his contact details. Do you, or anyone here have an account at IMDB?

Is there any reason to think that the claim is not possible?

Yes invasion of privacy under false light:

''unreasonably placed their family in a false light before the public through its many inaccuracies and untruths''

such as ''
Margaret Cantrell will neither talk about what happened nor about how they are doing. She wears the same mask of non-expression she wore at the funeral…. She says that after it happened, the people in the town offered to help them out with money and they refused to take it''

nice work Joe...she wasnt even there  (I wonder if Mrs Cantrell is the equivalent of toll booth operators or maybe even cameras??)

Plus becuase the paper signed it off the paper was liable rather than Joe personally.

And no on the overturn and appeal:

First case was won by Cantrell, then overturned but finally back to the favour of the Cantrells:

The jury’s original verdict to award compensatory damages to the Cantrell’s was upheld on December 18th, 1974.

So he has not been charged with slander, or any type of accusation that is considered lying? And Joe was not sued, Forrest City publishing was, because the editor is ultimately responsible, and obviously he either agreed with Joe or did not do his job. Is there also proof that Joe never spoke to any neighbours? He would not have to tale to Cantrell to write about expressions she has, that might be a common perception, but one that seems to have deeply embarrassed Cantrell. Margret shows she is a very proud woman, as such, she would not like to be described as struggling, although in the long run, Joe managed to help this widow attain a decent sum of money and she could get her lifer back on it's feet. In the long run, I think Joe was just what Margret needed.

hmm I have seen many rehashed interpretations of what Joe may have said, without knowing his exact words then we cannot use it for or against....what were his actual words? we see often (even in this case) how confused the writers are and how they all interpret things differently....in time the story changes....so what did Joe actually say? did he talk to toll booth operators or just assume that they would have come forward? did he check cameras or just guess they were a- in range and b- filming and c- caught nothing because no one came forward...too many holes and assumptions...

Every one I have seen says the same thing, that which it does in the Wikipedia entry.

Considering that it was high profile, it is certainly an oddity that nobody came forward, The Roswell incident now boasts over 600 witnesses, yet few who actually were alive at the time and in the vicinity of the incident are still alive today.

I love Joe, especially know he has not been caught lying about things for a few years...maybe thats to do with him stopping his drug/drink fuelled binges that he only managed to overcome a few years back :)

How do you feel about him exposing Mel Gibson's racial antics?

many months after in a small comic book....hardly front page news for people to have read...

And yet still nobody saw this as a discrepancy, let alone fit to challenge? I am hobbled by distance, as are you, but it sure would be nice to go there for a fortnight and have a look around, talk to some people.

I am glad as all those show is second hand translations of what Calvin said....actual transcripts dont agree do they?

More discrepancies is what I am seeing. As for Charlie, he also said we were going to get first contact in 1992. These aliens are lying SOB's.

they could have lied for many other reasons.....maybe they had read one of Joes previosu articles and looked up to the guy :whistle:

They could have, but the religious upbringing, the traumatised state, and the breakdown soon afterwards indicates I feel that my hypothesis is quite likely.

the calls came while they were there...how could the press be doing it before the story even broke?

My guess is Parker might have been a tip of, seeming as Hickson was the one angry about all the press the very morning after the abduction. That news too travelled pretty fast don't you think?

his recollection of this happened later

I am still happy to be considered speculating, but all the "later" stuff screams hoax. Particularly the claimed return visit 20 years later when these aliens apparently told Parler that God is real, and that the Bible is an accurate document. Each time Parker tries to make the story more believable, the more he stuffs it up. It is little wonder Hickson leaves Parker at home when he does the UFO tour, which he does.

maybe Joes has a copy of a confessional...the prison officer and Larry who saw the light? did they just see sparks of passion?

If not I am sure I can commission him to write me something that puts a fly in the ointment ;)

I think they did not see passion, but maybe had an experiment. In any case they were protestant, so my wish for a confessional is not going to help me either. I am going to have to have a chat with the almighty to get the answers I seek. Do you want me to ask anything while I am there?

Cheers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#97    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

View Postquillius, on 08 March 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

I thought you are aware of what you do but what you see may not be there...i.e. you punch a monster you see....the punch motion is happening but there is no monster.....so you would have to paddle a boat even though hallucinating that you are being carried...this is where it falls down IMO

the dreaming comment he made is a figure of speach..(although you already know that :) )

yes its a big hole at the moment and that is why I presented it in fairness. From wording used I get the impression they were in the water as the 'beings hovered across the water'.....so how did they get their fishing gear and catfish back?

When sleepwalking, you do things like that I am led to believe, but you also seem to have your faculties about you. My daughter sleepwalks from time to time, and she does not bump into walls.

Yes, it is a figure of speech, but something that one who suffered a type of sleep parlysis might say I would think? Not that I feel that is an answer in this instance, an avenue worth investigating perhaps, but I do not feel it explains the trauma or ensuing breakdown.

rough spots such as?

Other witnesses describing the same thing, quick arrival of press. The back and forthing on the lie detector test, things most see as minor, but Randle seems to find many minor things add up to a major.

LINK

you are correct this detail was added later once hypnotic regression happened so safe to say we must ignore this coupled with 'embellishments' so we are not accused of cherry picking

Seems fair, the 20 years later return trip would be a nail in this coffin otherwise.

ok try Diamond and Ryder as the first two :)

They only have opinions of the men's behaviour when alone? In fact Ryder mentions that Parker cried when Hickson left the room? Emotional attachement?

now, what were the names of those operators Joe'proven liar' Esterhas (possibly says he spoke to) mentions ? :innocent: :tu:

Wilbur Hart and Lance Drummond.

Nah, I just made that up. No idea. I hope someone can give me Joe's address and with some luck maybe we can ask him. Although thanks to Mel, he might not be all that happy to have an Aussie harras him.

Edited by psyche101, 11 March 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#98    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostPaxus, on 08 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

One of the men seems to have been very angry that the papers were all over the story the very next day, so I do not think it is hard to guess which one of them made that phone call. The military told them to contact local police, why a need to further this with papers from there I agree is a questionable act.

#99    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hey Psyche,

will come back to you tomorrow on the various points.

In the meantime, I think you should look up Murphy Givens........the source of Joe's information regarding toll booths and cameras :)

(spent hours upon hours researching this case over the weekend again....)

not only that,  the article was not a small one apparently...eight pages long with only a small throwaway paragraph about the toll booths and cameras (whilst confirming that the info is from Murphy Givens).....the rest of the article was basically a p**s take of the whole situation and not there to debunk or or show a balanced investigation of the case.

plus there is interesting talk of Coolingo and Joe discussing a million dollar scoop :)

(should hopefully have some links for you with this info tomorrow)

#100    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 March 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

They are military doctors, not intel ops or some modern blue book. I really do not see anything out of the ordinary here. A military doctor is still a doctor. Spinning skills?

yes spinning skills......I see many 'sentences' that simply cannot be taken any other way...then you post another interpretation....it was a compliment BTW

ok, can you list two doctors from that list?

actually maybe I will list someone from the military everytime you name a Doctor :)

#101    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 March 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Hey Psyche,

will come back to you tomorrow on the various points.

Gidday Mate

You know where to find me ;)

View Postquillius, on 11 March 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

In the meantime, I think you should look up Murphy Givens........the source of Joe's information regarding toll booths and cameras :)

(spent hours upon hours researching this case over the weekend again....)

not only that,  the article was not a small one apparently...eight pages long with only a small throwaway paragraph about the toll booths and cameras (whilst confirming that the info is from Murphy Givens).....the rest of the article was basically a p**s take of the whole situation and not there to debunk or or show a balanced investigation of the case.

plus there is interesting talk of Coolingo and Joe discussing a million dollar scoop :)

(should hopefully have some links for you with this info tomorrow)

Good call. I have not dug much up on Murphy Givens, just this uninformative link that merely mentions the men, but have found some other interesting stuff along the way. From what I can tell the article is very scathing.

This is the issue we want. I might shell out and grab an Ebay copy, it seems the only way to get a look at the article.

Posted Image

And this is it:

Posted Image

LINK

Closest so far :D I managed to get some quotes from the article:

the officers ¡§were listening and taping and expecting the whole idiot yarn to turn into warm wind and p***¡¨ but only heard Hickson say things like ¡§my nuhves is wrecked,¡¨ while Parker carried on ¡§like a backfish girl who¡¦d just been baptized.¡¨

: Hickson ¡§a wiry 45-year-old with a boneweary face and backalley, crapshooter¡¦s eyes,¡¨ who had lost his job as an expert shipfitter for borrowing money from his subordinates ¡§then paying them back by trying to finagle them promotions;¡¨ and, Parker, little more than Hickson¡¦s lackey, an uneducated hick, ¡§a bib-overall farmboy with lantern jaw, creole cheekbones, and wrist-wide sideburns spilling into his neck.¡

Link Quotes

OK, it does not sound all that impressive. Almost slander I have to admit. In fact, in all fairness I have to say, your intuition was correct  it does not seem to have much substance. However, this article seems to think the toll booths were in plain sight, and this picture of the roadway looking back at the fishing spot has none other than Charlie Parker, with his son, who most certainly would have pointed out of the claim was erroneous on the spot:

Also in August 1974, the researcher visited the area Mendez Highway 67 in which the event occurred. Mendez found in that area, the road offered a clear view with no obstacles that could have obstructed the view of witnesses.

Posted Image

The aforementioned researcher is William Mendez. Interestingly, it also delves into an apparently little known video of Parker, and in it he says:

I was raped by alien beings
The video begins 1993 with a statement that, between the lines, we can state the reasons that led Parker to produce this video and most likely, to invent new details:
"Violated. I've been violated. I've been raped by creatures from another planet. "

Again, this seems rather co-incidental considering my personal hypothesis. I had no idea Parker had expressed this.

However, this path has led to a most perplexing conundrum. The ship itself. I have tried long and hard to find any given dimensions, but failed with each attempt. In this search, I found this:

LINK
The ship half approximately three to four feet wide, three feet high and ten feet long. Emitting a blue light and did not produce intermittent sounds similar to those of an engine.Charlie said he had seen something like a window on top of the object.

LINK-  Let me know if this link does not work, I have tried to link you directly to the translation page.

​Three to four feet wide? Ten feet long? If this is correct, and the actual dimensions given by Hickson and Parker, I think this is case closed.

Is this the deal you mention?

According to statements collected by journalist Colingo Joe Eszterhas, when he told Walker Colingo for abductees, the lawyer showed no interest in the case. It was when Walker told Colingo  "Damn, if they have seen it say they have seen, this story is worth about a million dollars." which Colingo became interested in the case.

LINK

Does not seem much to it?

LINK - Scathing article with little to say

For posterity:

Posted Image

In the picture we can see the place where the abduction took place in Pascagoula.

The red circle marks the spot where you were fishing Calvin and Charlie.

The black circle marks the spot where the ship landed and the blue circle where the vehicle was parked in Charlie.

Both men predicted that return visit too:

The promise of the return
The second post-abduction experience happened one night Hickson February 1974. Charlie was sleeping when the barking of a dog, which appeared to come from the garden behind his house, woke him:
"As I walked behind the house toward the wooded area, I saw that the dog was running as if someone was chasing. Suddenly the 'radio' is on again: 'You have to tell the world that we do not want to hurt. Your world needs help. We will help in the future before it's too late. You are not ready to understand. Back soon '.The 'radio' went out. There was nothing but a clear sky full of stars. I stood there for several minutes but that was the end of the message. "

Then he had the "family" experience"

A family experience
On May 12, 1974, Charlie had his last post-abduction experience.
Charlie, his wife Blanche, his son Curt twelve, her daughter Tisha 20 months, his daughter Sheila and her husband Kenny, and Kenny's younger brother were in the vehicle traveling Kenny Highway 67 toward Ocean Springs when Charlie saw that a light was following.

Again, all from this link.

Both men claimed the return visit was going to happen, Hicksons version could be plausible, but Parker messed the entire thing up with his religious tales, which he seems to regularly do? Hicksons "return" visit also featured in his hypnosis sessions, which I feel is more likely to plant common elements, which we do see in this case. Many of which are listed in the "scathing" link above.

LINK - Creating False Memories

But all in all, the biggest surprise for me is the physical size of the craft. If that is the final call on dimensions, I think that alone is a massive blow to the credibility of this case.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 12 March 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#102    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

yes spinning skills......I see many 'sentences' that simply cannot be taken any other way...then you post another interpretation....it was a compliment BTW

LOL, sweet, I have not had the term applied as a compliment, TSR uses the term in a derogatory manner with regards to myself on a regular basis. What a maroon.

View Postquillius, on 11 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

ok, can you list two doctors from that list?

actually maybe I will list someone from the military everytime you name a Doctor :)

You should find two of the names of the health professionals I gave at this breakdown at this link - SOCIETY OF AIR FORCE PHYSICIANS but I am not sure why Winans is not listed, suffice to say, Amdall and Rudolph are certainly licensed physicians. Hanson is a vet. Maybe there for Parker? LOL. They were not taken to the base, it was a concern from the possibility of radiation, and the local hospital was inadequate for testing purposes.

#103    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Gidday Mate

You know where to find me ;)

LINK

Cheers.

glad you googled Murphy Givens.....it was certain you would end up on Luis site. I thought he done a fantastic job of laying it all out with some good additional bits of info for us.

anyhow, I may be out of action for 5-6 days so will jump back on this soon as I can.

for what its worth I dont think the article will give us much now that we can confirm that Joe carried out no investigative research himself, and also that the article was basically a 'comedy' piece which I cant really attack Joe for, seeing as he is not taking it seriously and that he makes this clear in the article.

#104    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

LOL, sweet, I have not had the term applied as a compliment, TSR uses the term in a derogatory manner with regards to myself on a regular basis. What a maroon.

spinning puts a point through its paces and if its a strong valid point , then it should prevail......

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

You should find two of the names of the health professionals I gave at this breakdown at this link - SOCIETY OF AIR FORCE PHYSICIANS but I am not sure why Winans is not listed, suffice to say, Amdall and Rudolph are certainly licensed physicians. Hanson is a vet. Maybe there for Parker? LOL. They were not taken to the base, it was a concern from the possibility of radiation, and the local hospital was inadequate for testing purposes.

(I did find that link yesterday also but wasnt sure what it proved)

let me ask you this another way.

Can you have the title Major Colonel etc etc without being in the military?

To be honest in my mind this is a moot point to an extent. Maybe we should revisit it shuld it have some validity to any specific point. if you agree?

#105    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Another excellent read and the jostling between Quillius and Psyche has been most enjoyable and informative. I (pardon the term!) swing both ways between you two from one post to the next - both viewpoints have almost equal 'fors' and 'againsts'. :)

With regards to this point raised by Psyche last year:

The reason I find the corroboration not corroboration is mainly that nobody reported the same shaped craft as the men, whilst some descriptions claim blue lights, shapes described are definitely saucers. They are not the same thing.

Is it possible that the object was of a shape that could look both 'cigar' and 'disk' dependant on the viewing angle? I suppose the best way I could explain this would be as an example: A car tyre - perfectly round from the side, but if viewed 'top down' it's almost rectangular. So dependant on the viewing angle there, an observer might see either a circle or a rectangle.

As always, appreciate the research that has been carried out and laid out clearly for me to enjoy here. :)

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users