Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Sally Morgan challenged to prove her psychic

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,298 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

www.guardian.co.uk said:

Sceptics have invited Sally Morgan to demonstrate her ability to communicate with the dead in a specially designed test.

A celebrity psychic who claims to speak with the dead in sellout shows across the country has been challenged by sceptics to prove her supernatural powers.They have invited TV "star psychic" Sally Morgan to demonstrate her ability to connect with the spirit world in a specially designed test in Liverpool on Monday.

The Halloween challenge is backed by the US paranormal investigator James Randi, and qualifies as the first step towards claiming a million-dollar prize established by the James Randi Educational Foundation for any psychic who can prove their "gift" to be real.

Morgan, whose website offers psychic readings over premium rate phone lines, has written three books and is filming the third series of Psychic Sally on the Road for Sky LIVING.

Sceptic groups, led by the science writer Simon Singh, arranged the test after one of Morgan's shows in Dublin last month at which some members of the audience reported hearing someone at the back of the theatre apparently feeding her information on stage.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,676 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

She'll be proven to be a fake and fraud just as Sylvia Browne was.
Don't really see the challenge here.

#3    Red Howler

Red Howler

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Is this because of a radio caller who said Sally was cheating?

#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,186 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Why would she accept the challenge. She sells out. All she needs is believers and she already has that. She knows she's a cold reader....

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,333 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 28 October 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

Why would she accept the challenge. She sells out. All she needs is believers and she already has that. She knows she's a cold reader....

:yes:   :tu:   :nw:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#6    TheBanana

TheBanana

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• please dont eat me!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

if shes for real, she will accept cause shes got nothing to hide.

i think shes a fake though, from reading about the people hearing her cheating and having things read to her from another room.

*~Kay, Banana Queen and admin of TheMostHauntedForum.com~*

#7    Swamptick

Swamptick

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• "What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." - Head Coach Nick Saban, The University of Alabama

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Obvious fake is obvious.

#8    undertheflow

undertheflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

• To have little is to possess.
    To have plenty is to be perplexed.
    --Lao Tzu

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Let me simplify this for everyone-- if a psychic is making money, he or she is a fake.  It's one of the many reasons I don't charge for my readings.

#9    MrSkeptical

MrSkeptical

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Uri Geller was so popular before James Randi exposed him as a fake. The same thing will happen to her.

Edited by MrSkeptical, 29 October 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#10    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Kinda reminds me of the people who go onto the jeremy Kyle show to do a lie detector or DNA test knowing they are cheats!
Do people just enjoy public humiliation or do they think they can actually beat the tests?

In this case though the type of people who spend money on these sort of 'services' won't be detered by something as small as proof of fakery!

#11    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostRyu, on 28 October 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

She'll be proven to be a fake and fraud just as Sylvia Browne was.
Don't really see the challenge here.

Me neither, she makes paul the octopus look like the Oracle at Delphi.

#12    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

I was told by a minister a long time ago, that if a person had a gift, you should never charge for that gift.  He believes that it would be a gift from God and as such, should be given in the way it was gotten, as a gift.

Also, if a person claims to have a gift and doesn't, that is a sin against God and that person shall have a terrible afterlife.

On occasions, I have heard, felt, and saw things and at times will know something that is about to happen or know something about someone that I shouldn't.  It doesn't happen all the time and I cannot control it at all.

I do believe in God and know the penalty if I am lying about such a thing.

In the case of Sally, if she were a true psychic, she is going about it entirely the wrong way and if she is a fake, well, either way she is damned.

Edited by iamdee1, 29 October 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#13    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,766 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

Ok, any psychics in here who don't want to sell out, please pm me and show me the truth. I'm sick of all this glorification in the public media which can't be proven.

Posted Image

#14    undertheflow

undertheflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

• To have little is to possess.
    To have plenty is to be perplexed.
    --Lao Tzu

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 29 October 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

Ok, any psychics in here who don't want to sell out, please pm me and show me the truth. I'm sick of all this glorification in the public media which can't be proven.
There's no such thing as psychic abilities-- only the natural intuition that we all have.  That said, many people have still referred to me as "psychic" even though I'm not a fan of that term.

If you PM me with your first name, age, and gender I will be happy to give you a reading.

#15    TheSpoonyOne

TheSpoonyOne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Word of advice, whenever you see an overweight woman with short, fake dyed hair, you can be pretty sure she's a fake...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users