Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

paranormal activity films

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    datadabbler

datadabbler

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• hello everyone,

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

film papranormal activity, and paranormal activity 2, watched, 3 tonight at the cinema, but i dont think 3 relates to 1 and 2 does it,?

#2    Angelicon

Angelicon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

3 is a prequel to 1 and 2. Saw it a few days ago was pretty decent. Although most people would disagree xD

#3    datadabbler

datadabbler

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• hello everyone,

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostStonecoldVampzy, on 29 October 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

3 is a prequel to 1 and 2. Saw it a few days ago was pretty decent. Although most people would disagree xD
hiya stonecold, ive heard good and bad, mostly good tho, cheers

#4    mrmorgan

mrmorgan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

i seen them all and the 1st was clearly the best. the series got worse and worse as it wtn on. 3 was pure crap

#5    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

I haven't seen any of these films. Are they any good?

Posted Image

#6    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

Mike when you watch them don't think Hollywood movie think hi def home movie and you may be surprised how you'll take it. Most importantly think Indie film not Hollywood template.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#7    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

I was actually a fan of the first and second one... and rest assure that there will be a 4th because we still dont know what happened with Katie and the Baby...

The 3rd one was junk, it was full of holes and very inconsistant with the story line.

#8    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 02 November 2011 - 01:06 AM, said:

Mike when you watch them don't think Hollywood movie think hi def home movie and you may be surprised how you'll take it. Most importantly think Indie film not Hollywood template.

Seems reasonable. Once they are all on DVD I'll marathon it. Thanks!

Posted Image

#9    Tattoomike

Tattoomike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

I grabbed a cam version of PA 3 off a torrent site a couple of nights ago. It's ok...I still like number one better.

#10    Pink Cadillac

Pink Cadillac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

• Goodbye Sober Day...
    The years grew wings and flew away.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

Was genuinely creeped out and intrigued by 1 and 2. 3 was somewhat disappointed; I was hoping for an entire explanation, and it offered a small glimpse of one, but it was disappointed and in reality didn't explain much. Shame, because I did enjoy the first two.

-Now I'm dulled by excess,

and a cynic at best.

#11    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

I think 4 will answer all the questions left to us.

I think 4 will answer all the questions left to us.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#12    Drego642

Drego642

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

I've only seen the first Paranormal Activity movie so far, so I can only comment on that one. My biggest complaint by far with this movie was it's story. Specifically, the lack thereof. It seemed like they either tried really hard to BS a backstory then gave up, or just didn't care to begin with. Now, I would have been fine if the film never had had any trace of a plot, and would have accepted it as an excellent example of a well-done empty thrill-fest, but then the filmmakers started to explore the character's pasts and reveal vague elements of a backstory... In the end, it did nothing but to make the audience ask questions the film never intended to answer. The film was a plot-tease.

That being said, I enjoyed watching the movie. It kept me in suspense all throughout, and I was right with the rest of the theatre, in laughter during the light, funny parts, and in fright when the scares came up.

I hope PA 2 and 3 learned from the mistakes of the first and improved upon it's good points.

#13    Average Fallacy

Average Fallacy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

The only Paranormal Activity film that I liked was the original cut. The theatrical cut was absolutely awful, the second was hilariously bad so it had that going for it, but I'm not even going to bother with the third.

Excuse me, you're standing on my neck.

#14    wayneb

wayneb

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Only watched 1 and 2 for the first time this week, Paranormal Activity wasnt too bad. But 2 freaked me out big time.  :blush:

#15    Arbie

Arbie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

I finally got round to watching Paranormal Activity last night and I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. Which I'm pretty sad about as I'd heard good things! So, question: Is it worth me checking out the 2nd if I didn't like the first?

"It's a god-eat-god world."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users