Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Ancient Aliens: Facts and Fiction

• Please log in to reply
669 replies to this topic

#316    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,739 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostThe optimist Mr. Nickell, on 20 March 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Ok soooo im going to go into a trance now and let the ghost of moses tell you what really went down..........      O yea man I remember the day god took me to his planet. It took twenty days to get there and twenty days to get back. I got to see what it was like to travel at light speed. Pretty awsome dudes it was like time stood still. It sucks forty years had past on earth. all those pepole eaten manna back at the mountain. a bunch of my friends had died while i was gone.  :cry:   and every one thought i was 120 when i died.... don't tell anyone but i was only like 80.  you party with god for forty days and see how ****ed up your **** gets!  :angry:  .........             im back now. jesus christ!!!  moses!!!  wow man moses is pissed! it sounds like a good time tho. did we prove that a fact?? that one day at light speed is one year earths time. or is that a theroy still??...???  im not sure? im getting my bible out now to make shur moses isnt feeding us a bunch of horse ****...  10mins later.  i dont know guys all the numers are there??? did moses travle at light speed for forty days? is heaven twenty light years away? :wacko:  to much to think about im going to bed.

I was like WTF??
Be coherent.
Could you explain in proper English exactly what did you mean by that above post and whether you were on some high when you typed that stuff?

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#317    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,932 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 20 March 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

I was like WTF??
Be coherent.
Could you explain in proper English exactly what did you mean by that above post and whether you were on some high when you typed that stuff?
Good.   I thought it was just me.     :w00t:

#318    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

• The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the man busy doing it.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

yea 100% lost now...

WTH is up with that?

#319    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostThe optimist Mr. Nickell, on 20 March 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Ok soooo im going to go into a trance now and let the ghost of moses tell you what really went down..........      O yea man I remember the day god took me to his planet. It took twenty days to get there and twenty days to get back. I got to see what it was like to travel at light speed. Pretty awsome dudes it was like time stood still. It sucks forty years had past on earth. all those pepole eaten manna back at the mountain. a bunch of my friends had died while i was gone.  :cry:   and every one thought i was 120 when i died.... don't tell anyone but i was only like 80.  you party with god for forty days and see how ****ed up your **** gets!  :angry:  .........                 im back now. jesus christ!!!  moses!!!  wow man moses is pissed! it sounds like a good time tho. did we prove that a fact?? that one day at light speed is one year earths time. or is that a theroy still??...???  im not sure? im getting my bible out now to make shur moses isnt feeding us a bunch of horse ****...  10mins later.  i dont know guys all the numers are there??? did moses travle at light speed for forty days? is heaven twenty light years away? :wacko:  to much to think about im going to bed.

First let me say that research should be your best friend.  From what I have found it seems that the speed of light has  1:20 ratio.  That means that 1 year traveling near the speed of light would equal 20 years on Earth.  so if you traveled for 1 day near the speed of light, 20 days would have passed on earth.  Using your example of Moses traveling out and back, 20 days each way for a total of 40 days near the speed of light, 1 year 235 days would have passed on Earth.

a trip of 20 light years would take 20 years for the person traveling near the speed of light. The trip you mention in your post would be 20 light days in each direction not light years.  It would have taken Moses 8.8 years (his time)round trip to reach our nearest star neighbor Alpha Centauri and if he were making a 40 light year round trip, 1600 years would have passed and he would have arrived back after the birth of Jesus.

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#320    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

The problem i have with Aliens is Civilisation it's self.For a Civilisation to technically evolve to a stage whereby they can travel between the stars is actually getting to that point.There are so many reasons to prevent a Civilisation evolving that life may be prolific in the universe but there maybe very few Civilisations (if any) capable of travelling through interstellar space.

If you take us Humans as an example,we are going to have to survive thousands of years from now with all the space born and Earth born disasters around us.A big ask as far as i'm concerned and a big slice of luck involved.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#321    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,267 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 20 March 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

The problem i have with Aliens is Civilisation it's self.For a Civilisation to technically evolve to a stage whereby they can travel between the stars is actually getting to that point.There are so many reasons to prevent a Civilisation evolving that life may be prolific in the universe but there maybe very few Civilisations (if any) capable of travelling through interstellar space.

If you take us Humans as an example,we are going to have to survive thousands of years from now with all the space born and Earth born disasters around us.A big ask as far as i'm concerned and a big slice of luck involved.

I tend to doubt that it is a question of luck. As all previous decimating of humanity has shown, shortly after an disaster there might be less but not less sapient humans. The level of technological achievement (unless limited to a certain geographical area) remains.

What I can't conceive is that there should be a civilization 20-30 kiloyears more advanced than ours. After all, the same physical, chemical and biological processes that apply for us apply for them (even if the optical end result is much different). No matter what part of human evolution you try to abridge: the result would not be a civilization.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#322    The optimist Mr. Nickell

The optimist Mr. Nickell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

I was like WTF??
Be coherent.
Im not explaining any more im not a very good teacher. I your just goinf to have to do the math your self. :unsure2:

#323    tomt

tomt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I was like WTF??
Be coherent.

View PostMyles, on 20 March 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Good.   I thought it was just me.     :w00t:

View PostSensible Logic, on 20 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

First let me say that research should be your best friend.  From what I have found it seems that the speed of light has ...

blah blah blah blah

... if he were making a 40 light year round trip, 1600 years would have passed and he would have arrived back after the birth of Jesus.

View Postquestionmark, on 20 March 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

What I can't conceive is that there should be a civilization 20-30 kiloyears more advanced than ours. After all, the same physical, chemical and biological processes that apply for us apply for them (even if the optical end result is much different). No matter what part of human evolution you try to abridge: the result would not be a civilization.

seems all of you have missed something.

Edited by tomt, 20 March 2012 - 06:23 PM.

scientists observe .

fools argue .

which for you?

#324    The optimist Mr. Nickell

The optimist Mr. Nickell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostSensible Logic, on 20 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

First let me say that research should be your best friend.  From what I have found it seems that the speed of light has  1:20 ratio.  That means that 1 year traveling near the speed of light would equal 20 years on Earth.  so if you traveled for 1 day near the speed of light, 20 days would have passed on earth.  Using your example of Moses traveling out and back, 20 days each way for a total of 40 days near the speed of light, 1 year 235 days would have passed on Earth.

a trip of 20 light years would take 20 years for the person traveling near the speed of light. The trip you mention in your post would be 20 light days in each direction not light years.  It would have taken Moses 8.8 years (his time)round trip to reach our nearest star neighbor Alpha Centauri and if he were making a 40 light year round trip, 1600 years would have passed and he would have arrived back after the birth of Jesus.
I guess no one knows for shur how slow time will go. Stephen Hawking has a much differnt opininon than you. ''20 days each way for a total of 40 days near the speed of light, 1 year 235 days would have passed on Earth.''   who did the math on this? :huh:

#325    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

View Posttomt, on 20 March 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

So what was I missing Tom?

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#326    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,122 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostThe optimist Mr. Nickell, on 20 March 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

I guess no one knows for shur how slow time will go. Stephen Hawking has a much differnt opininon than you. ''20 days each way for a total of 40 days near the speed of light, 1 year 235 days would have passed on Earth.''   who did the math on this? :huh:

With respect to you and Dr. Hawking, who is one of the most brilliant men of our age, this has nothing to do with the biblical Exodus. Numbers 32:13 describes how Yahweh made the Hebrews "wander in the desert forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone." This has nothing to do with the speed of light, a concept that of course was not known to people living in the Late Bronze Age. Nowhere does Moses talk about going in a space ship, at no time does Moses equate his travel or the travels of his fellow Hebrews in terms of astrophysics. We are told that Moses was "a hundred and twenty years old when he died" (Deuteronomy 34:7), and nowhere is there even a suggestion that this number should be thought of allegorically or in terms of physics.

Did people live to be 120 years old in those days? Of course not. Almost no one does today. DId the Hebrews wander the wilderness for forty years? Quite unlikely, but then again there is no extra-biblical evidence that the events of Exodus even occurred in the first place. You're following the techniques of alien interventionists, who clearly twist historical evidence beyond its limits to invent uncorroborated scenarios.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#327    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• 1,383 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostThe optimist Mr. Nickell, on 19 March 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

john 18:36 Jesus stats ''My kingdom is not of this world.''

Jesus speaks of the kingdom being WITHIN not WITHOUT.  He states you cannot specify where it is, it is not in the sky or the sea or some place you can go to, find or point to.

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 20 March 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

One thing I have always wondered is if aliens came and taught the ancients how to do amazing things like build the pyramids, blahdy, blahdy, blah - if they came and taught us so much, what happened to all that knowledge?  I mean, they must not have done a very good job of instilling us with so much precious knowledge - because it took us quite a long freaking time to get where we are.  

So whats up with that?  Were the egyptians too stupid to retain and do anything with the knowledge they gained?  Were they only interested in lunch and recess?  Why didn't the aliens teach us something other than pyramid building?  Kind of a narrow skill set don't you think?  

Did the aliens get a pat on the back when they returned home?  I'd have been pissed if I were the underwriters of that little experiment, honestly.  "What?  You traveled across the universe, taking up untold resources, and you taught them to do what?  Make pyramids?"  Somebody's ass should have been in the grinder for that, I think.  What about teaching us that war and pestilence and greed are crappy ways to run a planet?  What about altering our DNA so we aren't so inherently screwed up and selfish as a species?  

If aliens came and visited us, they did a crappy job of it.  I want my money back.

One idea is that they gave us the keys to civilization - took humans from being nomadic wanderers to people who farmed and built homes, helped us develop language and writing, basically organized us and taught us.  The later result (probably after they were gone) would have been humans having the capability to concieve the building of the pyramids but that would have happened much later.  That's just a thought based on the gods of various mythologies being described as teaching or being "in charge of" aspects of civilization.

View Postquestionmark, on 20 March 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

I tend to doubt that it is a question of luck. As all previous decimating of humanity has shown, shortly after an disaster there might be less but not less sapient humans. The level of technological achievement (unless limited to a certain geographical area) remains.

Your post made me think of a couple of things - the first is, what would our development have been like had we not had religions?  This obviously wouldn't leap us really far ahead or anything, but if the church had not spent so much time pushing ideas like the flat earth and that any practice like alchemy was evil, could we have advanced a little farther than where we are today?  

The other thing is that in the theory, aliens supposedly came and advanced mankind, genetically, through gifts of knowledge or both.  (and there are those who say they are still doing so, secretly, to our governments)  

If it were true that they had unnaturally advanced us, then comparatively it would have taken their own development even longer than ours.  In that, the AA theory trips itself up by making it more difficult for it to be plausible.

Edited by karmakazi, 20 March 2012 - 07:01 PM.

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#328    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,122 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Posttomt, on 20 March 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Yes, I've missed most of the episodes of Ancient Aliens. This has helped me to prevent brain damage.

I do admit to watching some episodes, however. I just wanted to see what the fuss was about, so I suppose quite a few brain cells were sacrificed in the effort.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#329    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• 1,383 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 20 March 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Yes, I've missed most of the episodes of Ancient Aliens. This has helped me to prevent brain damage.

I do admit to watching some episodes, however. I just wanted to see what the fuss was about, so I suppose quite a few brain cells were sacrificed in the effort.

You know, I watch that show but it's for only one reason - it cracks me up when Giorgio says "ancient texts" with so much enthusiasm and spittle.

Also, the hair and spray tan.  :w00t:

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#330    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,267 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Postkarmakazi, on 20 March 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Your post made me think of a couple of things - the first is, what would our development have been like had we not had religions?  This obviously wouldn't leap us really far ahead or anything, but if the church had not spent so much time pushing ideas like the flat earth and that any practice like alchemy was evil, could we have advanced a little farther than where we are today?  

The other thing is that in the theory, aliens supposedly came and advanced mankind, genetically, through gifts of knowledge or both.  (and there are those who say they are still doing so, secretly, to our governments)  

If it were true that they had unnaturally advanced us, then comparatively it would have taken their own development even longer than ours.  In that, the AA theory trips itself up by making it more difficult for it to be plausible.

The prohibition of the practice of whatever at max retarded the humans in certain geographic areas during a few centuries, in others science just continued as before. Most notably when it was relegated to the monasteries in Europe it was practiced freely in the Islamic world and India. The discoveries made there came back to Europe in the 12-13th centuries. Nothing was lost there... except some freedom in Europe.

If you wonder why scientist of the age are called Jabbir ibn Hallaban or Ali ibn Sina that is why. With Islam getting more rigorous( to not say closed minded fanatic) Christianism got more liberal and science came back. At the time it could advance neither in the Muslim nor in the Christian sphere of influence it went to India, where great advances in math and astronomy were made between the 4th and 11th century.

The Ancient Aliens BS is but a Ersatzreligion. Just as in religion the  saints and angels advance humanity in the Daniken, Sitchin and  younamewho drivel it is the aliens. And seemingly, as it is pretty difficult for the guild of quacks to hijack real religion, they prefer to create some superstition to establish themselves as the "spiritual guide".

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users