Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Strange Case: The Orange Sock Murders

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Did anyone happen to notice that both women were killed around their birthday.

Bobbie was born Dec. 25 and died Jan. 6th.-----12 days after her birthday.

Annette was born Jan. 16 and died Jan. 6th.----10 days before her birthday.

May mean nothing but I think it is pretty coincidental.  I wonder if the murderer had anything to do with the  party supply business.

Edited by iamdee1, 31 October 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#17    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

View Postiamdee1, on 31 October 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

Hey Jon,

This article is really interesting and I don't know if you have seen it or not.  Apparently, 2 psychics, went into this investigation knowing nothing about the two women, they went to the crime scene and told the police things that were never made public.  Once they had his attention, they both gave the police the same name of who the killer was.
Really !? Indeed, very interesting. Do you know when it happened ( the year ) ??

Can you share a link please ?? Because I'm a little skeptical when it comes to psychics, but I have an open mind and admit that some cases are credible.

View Postiamdee1, on 31 October 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

Did anyone happen to notice that both women were killed around their birthday.

Bobbie was born Dec. 25 and died Jan. 6th.-----12 days after her birthday.

Annette was born Jan. 16 and died Jan. 6th.----10 days before her birthday.
Yep, I noticed. Like you said I wonder if it's more than a coincidence. I believe so, but anything is possible. If so then it's proff that the killer knew both victims.

#18    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Henry Lee Lucas confessed to killing the girl that was found nude, wearing nothing but orange socks, on Halloween 1979,  He later recanted his confession.  None of his other victims were found with the orange socks.  At the time of the murder, he was working as a roofer in Florida and they were able to verify that he was not in the area during "Jane Doe Orange Socks" murder.

I don't think he did it.  It is possible there was two killers active in that area.

http://en.wikipedia....Henry_Lee_Lucas

#19    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

I believe that some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to certain things and enjoy looking at the psychic aspect in some cases.

Anyway, here is a link.

http://www.gazette.c...berholtzer.html

#20    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

View Postiamdee1, on 31 October 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

Henry Lee Lucas confessed to killing the girl that was found nude, wearing nothing but orange socks, on Halloween 1979,  He later recanted his confession.  None of his other victims were found with the orange socks.  At the time of the murder, he was working as a roofer in Florida and they were able to verify that he was not in the area during "Jane Doe Orange Socks" murder.
Henry Lee Lucas have nothing to do with these murders. His "orange sock" victim was killed in 1979, Bobbi Joe and Annette were killed in 1982 and Lucas have nothing to do with this case. :)

Thanks for the link !

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 31 October 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#21    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

No, I knew Henry Lee Lucas didn't do these but he did get accused of doing a murder where the girl was found wearing orange socks which I don't think belonged to her.  Lucas got accused of it and confessed, however, I don't believe he did it because he was not in the area at the time and pay stubs showed it couldn't have been him.

I was just throwing it out there wondering if this girl killed on Halloween 1979 was killed my the same person that killed Annette and Bobby.

#22    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hey guys, here is a copy of the psychic show featuring Bobbie and Anettes murder.  Pretty interesting.

Part 1 of the story.

And here is part 2 of the story.

Edited by iamdee1, 31 October 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#23    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Part 3:

Thanks for sharing links to the "Sensing Murder" episode, De.

I wanted to share links to this episode at first, since it's a lot more recent than the episode of Unsolved Mysteries, but I decided not to, simply because I have my doubts about this show. It's great, they "investigate" cases that are not very well known, but some of the psychics hired for the show are, to me, not credible at all. And in this version the psychics don't share names of the suspects. In the NZ version they do. :hmm:

But hey, thanks for sharing, it gives a good summary of the case, and it's great to watch recent interviews of the husband and others involved in the case. :)

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 31 October 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#24    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

That's what I like about it too, able to see peoples faces while they are talking.

#25    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,720 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

Just babbling...

But this is just odd.. If it's a serial killer, why not more than one pair of orange socks? If it is two killings with one pair of socks, why is it such a mystery? I mean, someone had to have had it for these two women to tie them together in such a way.

The husband might have passed polygraph.. But one can pass, and if I wanted to kill my wife, a setup like this would be great, especially if I thought I could pass a polygraph.

As for the psychics... I got qualms about psychics.

#26    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

View Postrashore, on 31 October 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

But this is just odd.. If it's a serial killer, why not more than one pair of orange socks? If it is two killings with one pair of socks, why is it such a mystery? I mean, someone had to have had it for these two women to tie them together in such a way.

The husband might have passed polygraph.. But one can pass, and if I wanted to kill my wife, a setup like this would be great, especially if I thought I could pass a polygraph.
Yep, very strange case.

I'm gonna be honest: part of me still have doubts about the husband. I just hope the authorities didn't ruled him out only because of the polgraph exam, I hope they had other evidences proving he have nothing to do with the murders. Right now we don't have more informations, other than he was cleared.  :hmm:

So nobody think the "unknown man" from the picture found in Annette's backpack might be connected to the crimes ?? It's another mystery: who is this man ??

Posted Image

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 31 October 2011 - 10:02 PM.

#27    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,720 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

Nah, I think he might be connected... But maybe not as the killer. He might have been an interest to Annette for sure. But considering that it's sort of a portrait, and not the most flattering one... I'm guessing maybe he was an interest to her, a friend or lover, rather than she had a photo of the killer himself.

Although if he has a connection, maybe he is the reason why they were killed. Perhaps a common interest, but I can't imagine why the killer would have left such evidence on one of the victims. After all, if he was the killer, he had to have known she had the image, and made sure it was removed from the scene.

Otherwise, if the image is that of the killer, he was either very stupid and/or ignorant about the image.

#28    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

I don't know about the man in the picture, and I might be wrong, but that picture has the look of being an older picture than the 1980's.  I have one similar of my grandfather in his military uniform and it has the black border around it.  His was taken in 1930's WWII.  I would love to hold that photo in my hand to feel the texture.

Of course, it could be clipped from a newspaper article or it could have been taken at one of those little photo booths that popped around the country in the 80's but for some reason, I thinking older.  It is hard to tell by an image on the internet.  

His clothes has the look of a military uniform.  If you look closely at his right eye, there is something different about it.  He either has a lazy eye or has what looks like a fake eye, which could tie him into the military scenerio, maybe a wounded soldier.  The eye definitely looks dead to me.

The hair cut isn't right for the times either.  Looks more like a military cut than it does an 80's civilian cut.  Also, black and white photography is pretty popular right now because of the digital technology but back in the 80's it was not as common.  

Just a thought.

Edited by iamdee1, 01 November 2011 - 02:05 AM.

#29    iamdee1

iamdee1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Here's a great link that allows you to follow the trail left by the killer of Annette and Bobbi.

http://www.rockymoun...apevidence.html

If you look at the very bottom of the page, all the links there can be brought up for everyone to observe the actual evidence that was found.  

The plastic ties that were found on one of the victims looks to me to be electrical ties.  Not something I am sure they would have in plenty suppy in the 80's.  Did any of our suspects have a connection to someone that would use these ties in their profession.

I know they can be used to hold wires in place and todays law in our state says that hunting bows have to be locked in place so we use them when we sell a bow and wrap them around so the bow won't shoot.  This enables our customers to transport them legally.

Anybody else have thoughts on who would use these in the 80's?

I'm also curious about this unidentified woman that was seen in a discussion with Annette prior to her missing.  This woman was discribed as looking like she had been camping.  In a town where everyone knew everyone else and no one knows who she is?  

Is it possible it was a man that had a woman with him and was able to hold both women captive together?  Bobbi could have been tied up while he was with Annette.  Bobbie tried to escape the woman by hitting her on the head with something causing the bloody glove, then the murderer went after her and shot her.  Don't know but could be one way to look at the clues.

That would go along with the two people involved concept and could be why the blood was never identified.  They were looking for a mans blood instead of a woman.

Also, the more I look at that picture, the more I am sure it is an old picture and not something from the 80's.

Edited by iamdee1, 01 November 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#30    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

That's what I first thought too, De, that it was a man in the military. My first thought is that it was probably a picture of a Vietnam soldier, maybe her brother. Who knows ?? Some people believe he might be involved, simply for the fact that he never came forward when authorities asked him to.

My guess is that he died in Vietnam and that he had nothing to do with the case.

But again, I can be wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users