Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Language while asleep?

16AshleyGreene

Me and my Fiance have bee together for over a year now. We were at his dads one day and his dad told us about some weird stuff that happened to him while he was a baby/toddler. When he was a baby he would speak in a demonic/ ancient language while he was asleep. When he got a little older he would sleep walk and talk in the same language. When i didnt beleive him i asked his mom, and she said it was true unfortunatly. She said it scared the crap out of her when he did it. While he was a child he could also see things that no one else could. When all of this started to come forth we had to get answers so we started asking more and more about what happened. Some things they still havent told us i can tell. She said that while she was walking by his bedroom when he was 4 he was talking to someone and when she came in to see, he stopped talking and looked at her. And before that he was looking at a specific spot, that had nothing there. She asked who he was talking too and he said, "That man." and pointed to the spot where he was looking before but nothing was there. She never said what they were talking about so she grabbed him and left. And when he was the same age he came to his dad while he was sleep walking and pointed at a corner and said, "Dad, tell him to stop yelling at me. I cant sleep when he is doing that." and no one was there again. And his dad asked him to describe him and it was someone that was in an older time i think he said. Something that a child couldnt come up with on his own. His dad and gramma both have had many encounters with things. They have been hurt and everything else. And one reason i do beleive that his dad is not lying about these things, is that he proved he had some kind of power by picking the lottery numbers the night before and the next day the numbers were right, in the exact order that he wrote down. Also, by Fiance said that a few years ago when he was staying at his dads he fell asleep on the floor in the living room and woke up, and when he looked down the hall he saw a very dark black shadow, with tinted red eyes. When he stared at it for awhile it started to walk towards him and he could hear the footsteps come faster and faster until it ran into him, screamed, and vanished when it hit him. His dad has told us countless stories about when he was a teenager and things that happened to him. And some of the same things have happened to my Fiance. One other thing is that my Fiance can tll when something is about to happen. He had just bought me a hamster for my birthday and we were both so happy. And that night after we put the hamster to bed and crawled in he stared at the ceiling, and i asked him what was wrong. He said, "Something is not right. I just know know it. Something really bad is going to happen this weekend. And i dont like it." I didint beleive him honestly, but i wish i would have. Because the next day our hamster got killed by our cat and my gramma was sent to the hospital for a heart attack and ended up having to her her leg amptated and lots of other stuff done to her. He can also feel things. When we are laying in bed, or soemthing like that, he will say something is wrong, and i know that something is when he says that. So we will stay quite and he will say out loud, "Is someone there?" and the air will get thick, like when you know someone is in the room with you? And everything will go cold, things wont feel right for awhile. And then our animals will start acting weird, like our cat will start scratching at the door to get out and our new hamster will go hide. I never beleived in this kind of stuff. I never thought it was real, or could actually happen. But it has. And when his dad went to go be put under, because he was speaking weird languages...After 10 minutes the phychologist woke him up, and he was sweaty and shaky and he told him, "You get out of my office and you never come back. Loose my office number and never contact me again. There is something wrong with you. Do you hear me? That was not human." I honestly dont know what all of this could be. My Fiance wants to know so bad, but we do not have the money for a pych, and we are afraid the same thing will happen to him that happened to his dad. Because his dad never got any answers, and we might not either. Please, if anyone has heard of anything like this or this has happened to them, please, please tell us. We just dont know what to do anymore.

I know this is a long message, but its worth the read...Please help.

Hey there, welcome to UM. To answer the riddle, some people while asleep are able to talk within a dream and their speech comes out odd or garbled, the brain is still active but not in line with reality during their REM episode. I heard of people have an ability and experienced "speaking in tongues", notably during Pentecostal sermons based on biblical passages about "to speak in tongues" while not knowing or learning the languages they were communicating in. What a strange phenomena, hard to figure this one out...unless the person reincarnated, he/she had past lives in old times in ancient lands where people spoke in languages no longer in existence.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds very unprofessional for the psychologist to say what she did. That kind of makes me mad. <_< Anyways, my husband tells me I talk in weird voices and make weird noises in my sleep. For example one time in my sleep I started gurgling like that chick from the grudge. I also act out my dreams a lot to and that freaks him out as well. Maybe it's some sort of sleeping disorder or something. Or like said before maybe he knows the language from a past life. I hope you can figure this out. Best of luck. :)

• Like 1

Aparently my boyfriend used to talk in what sounded like a foreign or ancient language while asleep when he was a child. I've heard the family comment on it a few times. Apparenly his mother used to invite the neighbors over to listen occasionally. As far as I know, he no longer does this. Now, he's able to be completely asleep, and talk to me about Star Trek episodes. It's pretty funny.

It's pretty common for very young children to sleep talk in what sounds like actual conversation or holds the cadence of actual speech.

Oh and a tip? I didn't read beyond your first 4 lines or so... the lack of paragraphs makes your post nearly impossible to get through. It's physically painful on the eyes.

Edited by MissMelsWell

I'm not really sure what to make of this. However if this is some story you just made up for kicks and trolling... Well played :tu: If not, I really hope you can find a professional and not some moron.

Edited by GunXpatriot

Ya know, I've always been dubious on the whole speaking in tongues thing, but I've got to hand it to people, I know a few cases when it's weirdly compelling. I remember at my Grandfather's funeral, one of the people who came forward to talk was an old man from Austria, who said that while visiting the church with his Christian converted daughter, my grandfather "Spoke Hebrew" during a prayer. He claimed it felt like a "personal message" from god, and while he refused to speak the details of what the translated words were, he felt 'completely assured' regarding something that had been plaguing his mind at the time.

It was striking to me as it was an angry Jew speaking about it, who had little love for the church and was never in fact Christian. (He said he was "dragged along" by his daughter) who just felt so struck by this occurrence that he stayed in contact with my grandfather off and on for years after that and felt the need to attend his funeral. (He was admittedly, only traveling from the Seattle area, so it's not like it was states away.)

Anyway, my grandfather most definitely did not know any Hebrew beyond the stuff you pick up off and on from sermons and the like. (You know, names, places, some wording pointed out by a pastor as being "a difficult translation" (I.E. The various words describing God in Genesis) but not any knowledge of sentence structure or anything close to understandable)

But, eh, I don't know about your case. Other then the guy you had look at him was a wackjob. Any Psychiatrist, psychologist, or even therapist has, rest assured, had to deal with people far more frightening then a man who speaks strange words in his sleep. Serial killers, crazy folks, etc. There's a reason every therapist has a therapist. Find another therapist, ANY other therapist. Hell, talk to a pastor, priest, Imam, whatever.

This is of course assuming your story is true, bla bla, well played troll, s'been said better by the fellow above my post. Also, use paragraphs. I write terribly and stuff, so I won't give you any advice other then a page without paragraphs is something that shouldn't exist outside incredibly stuffy texts of the 19th century.

Edited by WereScrib

• 2 years later...

I know it has been 3 years since this topic was posted but hope these tips can help.

1) The language he speaks is not demonic, unless he has a second voice.

2) If he talks while he sleeps, it means that a second being within him is trying to speak but cannot speak "our language"

3) He is being channeled by others and most likely he's being attacked. He needs to seek some help via medium or someone else.

Though nothing will be life threatening, continuing along this path without help could lead his mind and soul to be slowly taken.

May father watch the both of you-

Edited by JaguarSpirit003
  • Like 1