Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

[Mergedx2] Face found in ultrasound image

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,848 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

www.telegraph.co.uk said:

Doctors who took an ultrasound of a man's testicles to find out what was causing him pain were astounded to find a gaping face staring back at them.

When "faces" are discovered in unexpected locations they are often hailed as miracles, for example the mysterious appearance of Jesus in a frying pan or - even more improbably - on a toilet door in Glasgow.

But rather than attempting to load their find with religious significance the urologists who discovered it followed good scientific practise and sent it away to be peer reviewed.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,164 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

:w00t:  It's an embryo.
So much could be said here. I've heard of people having their head in their ...but... :o

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#3    lovekrissy

lovekrissy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

What ? A face on his testicals? Whose face was it?

#4    Rocketgirl33

Rocketgirl33

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

• People who don't know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either.

Golda Meir

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Face In Tumour: Testicular Growth Shocks Doctors After Ultrasound

People see the strangest things in clouds and burnt toast, but this latest sighting cant be topped: A face on a testicular tumour.

As reported by The Toronto Star, Canadian doctors were shocked when they looked at an ultrasound image of a testicular tumour (see image above).

It was very ghoulish, like a man screaming in pain, Doctor Naji Touma, who works at Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., told The Star about the picture taken in 2009.

Dr. Touma and Greg Roberts wrote in their paper submitted to the journal Urology that they saw a mans face staring up out of the image, his mouth agape as if the face seen on the ultrasound scan itself.

Their Urology abstract notes:

"A brief debate ensued on whether the image could have been a sign from a deity (perhaps 'Min' the Egyptian god of male virility); however, the consensus deemed it a mere coincidental occurrence rather than a divine proclamation."
An ultrasound uses sound waves to produce an image. The Canadian Testicular Cancer Association says signs of cancer can include a painless lump, swelling of the testicle or aching in the lower abdomen. Its the most common form of cancer in males between the ages of 15 and 29.

It's not unusual to hear reports of people spotting the amazing in the mundane, as was evidenced in August when a cameraman filming a storm in New Brunswick noticed what appeared to be a face in the clouds.
Attached File  r-TUMOUR-FACE-TESTICULAR-CANCER-ULTRASOUND-large570.jpg   25.65K   24 downloads

"He thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghost!"
S. King, IT

#5    _Only

_Only

• 6,672 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Lol, where do they see a man screaming in pain?

Man seems fine to me; just hangin' out.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#6    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

I agree with JerryOnly.  He doesn't look like he's in pain at all.  Like he's staring up at the clouds or stars or something.  His mouth is open because he's catching rain drops or flies. :yes:

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#7    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,848 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

View Postarenee, on 02 November 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

I agree with JerryOnly.  He doesn't look like he's in pain at all.  Like he's staring up at the clouds or stars or something.  His mouth is open because he's catching rain drops or flies. :yes:
Or he could be eyeing the surgeon's scalpel and thinking "I hope he's not coming anywhere near me with that"  :unsure2:

Posted Image

#8    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

People see the strangest things in clouds and burnt toast, but this latest sighting can't be topped: A face on a testicular tumor.

As reported by The Toronto Star, Canadian doctors were shocked when they looked at an ultrasound image of a testicular tumor.

"It was very ghoulish, like a man screaming in pain," Doctor Naji Touma, who works at Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., told The Star about the picture taken in 2009.

Read more...

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,014 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

I actually saw 2 faces.  One was in profile, the other at a slight angle.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#10    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Oh, that poor man. I hope some one helps him out of there.

I bet that evil kidnapper's holding another hostage in the other one.

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,014 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostArbenol68, on 12 April 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Oh, that poor man. I hope some one helps him out of there.

I bet that evil kidnapper's holding another hostage in the other one.
When I was working as an MRI tech I once received a request for a scrotal MRI (not common) and the indication was: accessory testicle.  Sure enough, after acquiring images in a couple of planes, there it was - he had three.  He had come to the doctor's office thinking it was a mass even though he had no pain.  The radiologist said they weren't that uncommon - first for me though...  He definitely takes the award for being the ballsiest guy I've ever seen :rofl:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,364 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

Anyone else think it was an intentional pun to use the word load in that last sentence in the OP? :lol:

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#13    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

*screams*
Get it out!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users