Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Mergedx2] Face found in ultrasound image

Still Waters

Doctors who took an ultrasound of a man's testicles to find out what was causing him pain were astounded to find a gaping face staring back at them.

When "faces" are discovered in unexpected locations they are often hailed as miracles, for example the mysterious appearance of Jesus in a frying pan or - even more improbably - on a toilet door in Glasgow.

But rather than attempting to load their find with religious significance the urologists who discovered it followed good scientific practise and sent it away to be peer reviewed.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• and-then

• _Only

• Rocketgirl33

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:w00t: It's an embryo.

So much could be said here. I've heard of people having their head in their ...but... :o

Face In Tumour: Testicular Growth Shocks Doctors After Ultrasound

People see the strangest things in clouds and burnt toast, but this latest sighting can’t be topped: A face on a testicular tumour.

As reported by The Toronto Star, Canadian doctors were shocked when they looked at an ultrasound image of a testicular tumour (see image above).

“It was very ghoulish, like a man screaming in pain,” Doctor Naji Touma, who works at Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., told The Star about the picture taken in 2009.

Dr. Touma and Greg Roberts wrote in their paper submitted to the journal Urology that they saw a “…man’s face staring up out of the image, his mouth agape as if the face seen on the ultrasound scan itself.”

Their Urology abstract notes:

"A brief debate ensued on whether the image could have been a sign from a deity (perhaps 'Min' the Egyptian god of male virility); however, the consensus deemed it a mere coincidental occurrence rather than a divine proclamation."

An ultrasound uses sound waves to produce an image. The Canadian Testicular Cancer Association says signs of cancer can include a painless lump, swelling of the testicle or aching in the lower abdomen. It’s the most common form of cancer in males between the ages of 15 and 29.

It's not unusual to hear reports of people spotting the amazing in the mundane, as was evidenced in August when a cameraman filming a storm in New Brunswick noticed what appeared to be a face in the clouds.

post-102987-0-18442400-1320257159_thumb.

Lol, where do they see a man screaming in pain?

Man seems fine to me; just hangin' out.

I agree with JerryOnly. He doesn't look like he's in pain at all. Like he's staring up at the clouds or stars or something. His mouth is open because he's catching rain drops or flies. :yes:

I agree with JerryOnly. He doesn't look like he's in pain at all. Like he's staring up at the clouds or stars or something. His mouth is open because he's catching rain drops or flies. :yes:

Or he could be eyeing the surgeon's scalpel and thinking "I hope he's not coming anywhere near me with that" :unsure2:

People see the strangest things in clouds and burnt toast, but this latest sighting can't be topped: A face on a testicular tumor.

As

reported by The Toronto Star, Canadian doctors were shocked when they looked at an ultrasound image of a testicular tumor.

"It was very ghoulish, like a man screaming in pain," Doctor Naji Touma, who works at Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., told The Star about the picture taken in 2009.

Read more...

• 5 months later...

I actually saw 2 faces. One was in profile, the other at a slight angle.

Oh, that poor man. I hope some one helps him out of there.

I bet that evil kidnapper's holding another hostage in the other one.

Oh, that poor man. I hope some one helps him out of there.

I bet that evil kidnapper's holding another hostage in the other one.

When I was working as an MRI tech I once received a request for a scrotal MRI (not common) and the indication was: accessory testicle. Sure enough, after acquiring images in a couple of planes, there it was - he had three. He had come to the doctor's office thinking it was a mass even though he had no pain. The radiologist said they weren't that uncommon - first for me though... He definitely takes the award for being the ballsiest guy I've ever seen :rofl:

Anyone else think it was an intentional pun to use the word load in that last sentence in the OP? :lol:

*screams*

Get it out!

pinkchainsaw.gif