Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What do you believe happens after death?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,019 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 03 November 2011 - 04:32 AM, said:

Of course there were such beliefs. These beliefs were created due to a single factor, the fear of death. Nobody wants to think all we have is maybe 70 years on this planet let alone 20-30 yrs back in the day.  It makes perfect sence to create such a belief to ease the fear however it does not make a fairy tale true.  I have told children lies to ease there fear, no different.  The really sad thing is that some folks way back when took these fears and used them to create religion. In doing so creating a false fear that they can and have monopolized on, to this day.

I do not scoff because these beliefs are real yet used in a way that is not benificial.  If ancient beliefs still stood true then we would see people being killed on every street corner as a court of law would be meaningless to a mob of believers no matter the flavor. We often see this in very poor nations with little to no education.
Wrong. Those beleifs were absolutely not created from fear of death. They were observed from shamanic trance. truly spiritual or not, the foundations of spirituality have a beginning in actual experiences not fluffy wishful thinking. This is a stance skeptics like to take who do not push themselves to try and understand the depths of why people beleive what they do. NDEs being one of them. A documented and measurable human condition.

You don't have to beleive in anything spiritual, but you cannot possible look at our current body of emphirical knowledge analytically and continue follow the wishful thinking hypothesis. There are much better empirical theories.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,019 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

Life is eternal one way or another. The only way permanent death is possible is if a Christian god that yu did not accept kills your soul. yikes!!!! I have no reason to beleive that. It makes god seem like a mortal combat character.

Matter can only be arranged in so many different ways. Evenchually or vastly far away in distance it in time 10^500 this same universe repeats itself. It's an undeniable consequence of a mechanical existence.

In essence you will and have always existed.

Edited by Seeker79, 03 November 2011 - 06:00 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#18    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

Dying is expensive, unless you get eaten by a shark or whisked away by aliens to parts unknown, it will cost $$$ to despatch you. A no-win situation.

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,348 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Other people get all your possessions.

#20    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,019 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

View PostHabitat, on 03 November 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

Dying is expensive, unless you get eaten by a shark or whisked away by aliens to parts unknown, it will cost $$$ to despatch you. A no-win situation.
Yeah what's with that? Just leave me out in the woods and let the bugs and animals get some use.

Bruce Lee-

#21    Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• LEECHES!! LEECHES!!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

I feel like, when you die, it'd be just like before you were born. Nothing. And then that might be the beginning of a new life. I personally believe in reincarnation, so I don't know, that all makes sense to me.
The whole Heaven and Hell aspect doesn't really make much sense to me, but I can understand that. I'm not bashing on anyone's religion here either. I respect it all.

#22    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

maybe you dream for the rest of eternity

SRS

#23    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

I believe in reincarnation.
I dont mean coming back as a blade of grass or a fish etc.
I believe we are reborn, then live our next lifetime as a person.
I think some people may remember tiny things from their previous lives.
Generally people remember nothing.

#24    Juuri

Juuri

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• "Why are you trying so hard to fit in? When you are born to stand out." - Oliver James

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

that answer will be answered when your death, so just enjoy life :)

It is Said that some Lives are Linked across Time..
They are Connected by an Ancient Calling..
Destiny

#25    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

i liken it to what it was like before i was born
i have no idea.
i like to believe that i am timeless. i like to believe that in some form i will still exist after my body is dead.
the big question is what is the 'i'?
i as in my personality? i as in my physical essence? i as in the energy force that i am?
after my son died i decided that there has to be something more - it is easier to accept that he is no longer accessible to me on this earth.
does that make me wrong?
again, i have no idea.

#26    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

i'd like to think that we go to "the other side" and see everybody and hang out and then we can come back (reincarnate) if we want to. like, if theres something you want to experience, to further your own education of the soul.  :yes:

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#27    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

View Postgnostic-deity, on 13 November 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

i'd like to think that we go to "the other side" and see everybody and hang out and then we can come back (reincarnate) if we want to. like, if theres something you want to experience, to further your own education of the soul.  :yes:

that's kinda what i believe. to quote a popular limp bizkit song "life is a lesson, you learn it when you're through." i think our "souls" or whatever are on earth to learn some kind of lesson and when we learn it, we die. when we die if we have more lessons to learn, we are reincarnated until we have learned all those lessons. and when we learn all those lessons, i don't know. i haven't figured that part out...nirvana or heaven maybe? i don't know

SRS

#28    metaphysical

metaphysical

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

I believed after death just ceased to exist. I don't know but my Angel that guides me lately is saying to me I will be found somewhere else after death. I've insisted not to exist at all but through this Angel God said I love you and I don't want to lose you. He just said what he sees on Earth they don't love me and don't want me to be for long on Earth and that is true. He just promised to me when I die I won't live again in a human body. When you find your guidance Angel might say to you as well what will happen to you too when you die. I won't live with other people because wants me as an Angel and not to reincarnate as human again. This is the last time Angels wanted to be as humans they've said. If this is true then my spirit will be invisible somewhere that you won't see as you don't see now the other spirits.

#29    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

i just remembered nirvana isn't a place. my bad. disregard the nirvana thing in my previous post. i would edit it out but i don't see the button

SRS

#30    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

Depends on whether you believe you are your physical body or not.  Personally I'm a dualist and believe that we are basically spiritual beings having a physical experience.  Here to experience duality and separation, time and space, and make memories of what it was like to live in a 3 dimensional + 1 time Universe.  After the soul accomplishes what it came here to learn it sheds the body like an old pair of shoes or a worn out suit of clothes and merges back into the holographic Spiritual Universe - or the place we call "heaven."  

The physics of heaven is very different than this so called "physical" universe.  It is the physics of what might expect if one lived on a holographic piece of film.  Heaven is a place where thoughts are things and consciousness creates reality.  A place where the feelings of oneness and connectedness and love are infinite and overwhelming due to the holographic nature of "heaven."   It is a place where time and space do not exist and where you will literally feel like you are everywhere in the Universe at once and where you will have "all knowledge" simply by focusing your attention on whatever perplexes you, and where you will be able to see in 360 degrees at one time.  There will be colors there that we don't experience in this life because you will be able to see the entire light spectrum rather than only a very narrow range of light - and hear the entire sound spectrum for the same reason - meaning the limitations of the physical body will no longer apply.  But it will seem just as real to us as this side does.  

And if you wonder how I know all this it is by reading thousands of near death experiences and popular physics books and The Holographic Universe and Michael Talbot's other books, Mysticism and the New Physics and Beyond the Quantum.  

Artaxerxes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users