Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'TRAGIC MILESTONE' - 1000 US troops dead

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

joc, it is an easy thing for you to say. Perhaps if you were to lose someone close to you, you might have a change of heart. Maybe not...I don't know, but I do know that was incredibly insensitive thing to say even for you.

I have lost someone close to me...it was insensitive and has been edited.... sad.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#32    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE(Talon S. @ Sep 8 2004, 04:34 PM)
Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man

Bringing his skin colour into it makes that a racist comment huh.gif

View Post

Nope.  grin2.gif

The title is a parody of ones that Moore uses.  whistling2.gif

#33    Permakid

Permakid

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:37 AM

Kellalor is right.  That title is a combination of Moore's "Stupid White Men" and Al Franken's "Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot"

Posted Image

#34    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:57 AM

Go Kellalor thumbsup.gif  original.gif

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#35    Velikovsky

Velikovsky

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

• It's mind over matter,
    I don't mind because
    You don't matter

Posted 09 September 2004 - 06:55 AM

So has Bush found the time yet to go to a single of those 1,000 funerals?
People his decisions sentenced to death.

Posted Image
Columnist for Unexplained Mysteries.

#36    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:12 AM

Although there is murder in all wars, war itself is not murder. To murder is to kill another human being unlawfully, which unfortunately is being done by the terrorists when they kill innocent people, such as civilians and children.

well, considering that this war was illegal it is hence, Unlawful.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#37    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,301 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:28 AM

well, considering that this war was illegal it is hence, Unlawful.

how was it illegal?

the gulf war never ended
there was a cease fire
Saddam kept breaking the cease fire
US responded

LEGAL LEGAL LEGAL!

Hell if the UN actually enforced its resolutions we would have had the same result

Sorry, but can you actually demonstrate its an illegal war? has the UN issued any statementts? hmm?

#38    Velikovsky

Velikovsky

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

• It's mind over matter,
    I don't mind because
    You don't matter

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:54 AM

The Gulf War wasn't a war.
That takes an act of Congress.

they'll declare war on anything that doesn't involve troops.

Posted Image
Columnist for Unexplained Mysteries.

#39    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:37 AM

how was it illegal?

well, they went to war on assumptions - nothing was proven.

put it this way - police arrest and question people on assumptions. They get put in jail if they have proof they are guilty

Edited by Dowdy, 09 September 2004 - 08:38 AM.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#40    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:57 AM

here are a few links

from the lawers

from Richard Perle, some dude from the Pentagon

From Hans Blix - Former UN

#41    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:44 AM

Homer ,
I have allways held your opinion with the uptmost respect , allthough I'm sure most of your posts you've earned debating against me re: George Bush and his policies . And somtimes space stuff .

I have a bit of a worrying problem and it goes something like this . "The war against terror seems to be centered on Iraq , while horrible attacks take place around the world , today the Australian embassy was bombed in Jakarta and of course the horor in Beslan recently , Shouldn't  George Bush if he is trully interested in defending us all against terrorist attack be putting more resourses  into  these other events ?" the reason it worries me is mostly because of the Russian and Iranian connection , there relationships with America seem tenuos most of the time . I believe  George really needs to appear to be helping out particularly in Beslan , to  avoid what could become an international incident . I could be wrong and would be quite happy in this case to be incorrect .

I am interested in everyones opinoin but would really like to hear what you have to say about it in particular .

#42    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,301 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:11 AM

hmmmm, just reading, under international law, the only times when a country can go to war legally is either in self-defence or with UN approval.

Self-defence, Iraq firing on US warplanes patrolling the no-fly zone? just a thought

UN approval for war was never going to happen because the French had been bought out (the whole oil for food scandal which everyone seems to ignore), I would agree with people that the US acted illegally because of its lack of 'permission' however because of the actions of countries like France as well as good old Kofi, i would argue that the UN loses its right to dictate such things.

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=242

interesting opinion peice

#43    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:26 PM

Kismit,
The United States is not capable of fighting the war on terror on a global scale by themselves, and as a global community, we need to pool our resources to combat this new type of enemy.

Without getting into the pro's and con's of the Iraq war, the United States is paying an astronomical price in the attempts to rebuild Iraq. Manpower, money and equipment are sapped into that country, which would otherwise be available on other fronts.

Intelligence is key in the war on terror, and the U.S. warned of the attack in Jakarta, urging Americans to avoid the Kuningan district in which the blast occurred.

To Islamists, Americans, Israelis, and Russians are all infidels to be fought. In some places, they may piggyback on local conflicts and grievances. The Islamists also show a remarkable ability to transcend geographic and even religious boundaries in prosecuting their war. The Iranian mullahs are Shiites, Osama bin Laden is Sunni, and Saddam Hussein was ostensibly secular, yet they all consider themselves, and should be considered, allies in the same jihad against the West.

The attack in Beslan was a horrible thing, but it is inside Russia's borders, and Russia has previously protested vehemently about U.S. assistance in fighting terror in that region. Something about Russia's territorial integrity.

More can be done, and more should be done to combat terror, but the U.S. can't do it alone. Intelligence should be shared, and other nations must step up, even taking leadership roles to combat worldwide terrorism.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#44    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:32 PM

I have a bit of a worrying problem and it goes something like this . "The war against terror seems to be centered on Iraq , while horrible attacks take place around the world , today the Australian embassy was bombed in Jakarta and of course the horor in Beslan recently , Shouldn't George Bush if he is trully interested in defending us all against terrorist attack be putting more resourses into these other events ?" the reason it worries me is mostly because of the Russian and Iranian connection , there relationships with America seem tenuos most of the time . I believe George really needs to appear to be helping out particularly in Beslan , to avoid what could become an international incident . I could be wrong and would be quite happy in this case to be incorrect .

Agreed. The whole war seems to have geared to giving him a reason to go into Iraq and finish daddy’s little war. Any terrorism outside of the oil rich middle East he tends to has a spokes man say he 'sends his sympathies' and leaves it at that. Sudan at the moment is in chaos, yet Bush is nowhere to be seen, yet he instead makes war on Saddam, an evil man yes, whose people in the long-run will probably benefit from his removal, however, their are thousands of dictators out there. Iraq was not a haven for Al-Queda, they hated Saddam since he killed their operatives due to their threat to his position. Yet Bush makes war. If he's so interesting in liberating oppressed people's why doesn't he go after Colonel Gaddafi and such like. But instead he instead in 2001 alone he funded $3.5 billion to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait. And Uzbekistan. All of which have appalling human rights records.
Bush’s attitude is totally run by "You like us, we like you." The History Channel even did an article last month about how the overwhelming majority of World Dictator’s are totally in favour of ‘Bush 2004!’.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#45    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:57 PM

daddy’s little war

It is unfortunate that the memories of some are so short.  It might do well to try and remember that Sadaam invaded Kuwait, killing and raping innocent women and children along the way.  "Daddy" kicked him out of Kuwait.  Sadaam also plotted to assassinate "Daddy".  Sadaam also played cat and mouse while shooting at our soldiers in the air on a daily basis.  Sadaam also paid families $25,000 for each child they sent off as suicide bombers.  Sadaam also murdered over 300,000 of his own countrymen.  Sadaam and his sons routinely raped young girls and their mothers for days at a time.  Sadaam gave refuge to key Al Queda terrorists.
Sudan at the moment is in chaos, yet Bush is nowhere to be seen, yet he instead makes war on Saddam, an evil man yes, whose people in the long-run will probably benefit from his removal, however, their are thousands of dictators out there.

We took out the Sadaam first as part of a strategic plan Talon.  Ignore Sadaam?  For how long?  Another 12 years?  Don't blame the US  or Bush for the tragedy in Sudan without assessing blame to the UN for the genocide of Ruwanda.  You just can't afford to not see the larger aspects of this war in Iraq.  Please try to see the broader, much larger picture.  It is essential to your understanding the war on terror.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users