Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

George Not Best Says UK

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:04 AM

GEORGE NOT BEST SAYS UK

Most Britons want to see President George Bush lose the upcoming US presidential elections, according to a new poll.      

Just under a third of Brits want him to serve a second term.

But 52% would like to see Senator John Kerry in power, according to a Populus poll The Times.      

The president is currently 11 points ahead of the Vietnam vet in the polls following a Bush bounce after the Republican convention in New York.      

Thirty-five per cent of Conservative supporters prefer Mr Bush, compared with 38% of Labour voters, the poll found.      

Nearly half of supporters from both parties prefer Mr Kerry.      

The poll found that 35% of men favoured Mr Bush and 49% Mr Kerry. Sixteen per cent of men were undecided.      

Americans go to the polls on November 2.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13217447,00.html

Says Britain? Says Europe is the news is anything to go by rolleyes.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#2    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:16 PM

Americans go to the polls on November 2.

I will be there with bells on!!!!

VOTE GEORGE BUSH 2004!!!!!

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:17 PM

I would think most people from most countries would prefer Kerry to Bush. President Bush plays hard ball, and although prefers to have international support, and in fact tries to gain international support for his foreign policy decisions, won't back down from global responsibilities if the international community isn't behind him.
Not all decisions are popular and easy, and making hard decisions is what seperates Bush from Kerry in my humble opinion. Kerry yields to international pressure, regardless of whether it's the right decision, because it's the easy and popular decision, so it's only natural Kerry will have the greater support from the international community.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    Disinterested

Disinterested

Government Agent

• 3,740 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:24 PM

I strongly hope that Kerry wins this election. I think it would be a disaster to have Bush in there for another four years.

#5    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:37 PM

I think I am going to write myself in for president. I would like to have my cat Scruffy run for vice president. My other cat Mittens could take Condolizza Rice's spot. I asked my wife to run for VP, but she hates politics; the cats didn't seem to mind the idea...

Scruffy is cute and could get the female votes, and if the unthinkable were to happen to me I think he could be a pretty good president. He sleeps 18 hours a day and licks himself a lot, so I think he is a democrat, but I am not sure, he is evasive about such loyalities.

Scruffy wants to run on a platform in support of kindness to animals and the production of more dazzling shiny objects to play with. Oh..and kibble...lots of kibble in every bowl.

Most of you already know where I stand on issues, and I will say right upfront that I will reward votes with titles and making people the Ambassador to their favorite country.

Attached Files

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#6    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:29 PM

I would think most people from most countries would prefer Kerry to Bush. President Bush plays hard ball, and although prefers to have international support, and in fact tries to gain international support for his foreign policy decisions, won't back down from global responsibilities if the international community isn't behind him.
Not all decisions are popular and easy, and making hard decisions is what seperates Bush from Kerry in my humble opinion. Kerry yields to international pressure, regardless of whether it's the right decision, because it's the easy and popular decision, so it's only natural Kerry will have the greater support from the international community.

You say that as if the International Community has no right to a say over the world which they live, but America treats as its own.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#7    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:11 PM

America: World Police!

#8    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:28 PM

Go Homer thumbsup.gif Yes!

Not all decisions are popular and easy, and making hard decisions is what separates Bush from Kerry...

...is what separates the men from the boys.

Edited by Babs, 08 September 2004 - 03:28 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#9    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:30 PM

Homer is merely stating good reasons why people outside of the states would prefer Kerry over Bush.. He makes good sense here.

Reese

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#10    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:31 PM

America: World Police

better than
UN: Sits on Ass

#11    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:34 PM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  thumbsup.gif

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#12    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:35 PM

Talon,
That wasn't my intention. The international community has a right to say whatever they want, and so do the leaders of indivual nations. My point was that as a leader of a nation, one must follow a course that one feels is right for that nation, even if the rest of the international community disagrees. This goes for all national leaders. My previous post had no intention of saying one side is right and the other is wrong, except when it comes to making decisions based on what is popular and easy.
Most of the world doesn't have the U.S. in their best interests, and I'm not saying that is a bad thing, because each nation must stay the course on what is right for them. However, the President of the United States(along with any other leader from any other nation) should not take into consideration what the civilian populations of other nations think, when foreign policy decisions are being made based on national security and national interests.
That was my point

#13    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:36 PM

However, the President of the United States(along with any other leader from any other nation) should not take into consideration what the civilian populations of other nations think, when foreign policy decisions are being made based on national security and national interests.

He should when his actions affect the security of the rest of the world also.

#14    wcturnersr

wcturnersr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:37 PM

I really can care a less about what other countries think about our president.  After all I do not care who they have unless they are a dictator.

Edited by wcturnersr, 08 September 2004 - 03:39 PM.

#15    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Talon S. @ Sep 8 2004, 12:36 PM)
However, the President of the United States(along with any other leader from any other nation) should not take into consideration what the civilian populations of other nations think, when foreign policy decisions are being made based on national security and national interests.

He should when his actions affect the security of the rest of the world also.

No he shouldn't. National leaders meet with other national leaders and discuss things involving global responsibilities, but the popularity poll of other nations are not, and should not, be taken into consideration, because due to security issues, civilians like us don't have all the information needed to make these kinds of decisions. That is why we elect who we think is best suited to make these decisions for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users