Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Yours for £100,000: the haunted lighthouse

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

www.walesonline.co.uk said:

The lighthouse is cut off by the sea at high tides, although it is accessible on foot at low tide. The dunes on which the lighthouse was originally built have retreated inland over the years and it now sits in the middle of the beach. Posted Image Read more...

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

The "ghosts" I don't mind but the fact that it is quite low and the sea seems to be encroaching on its doorstep, well .... I wonder if the paranormal tales are a distraction from the real issue that it is sinking into rising sea levels :w00t: .  Outside of that, I would love to live in a converted lighthouse, what fun.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    clfr21

clfr21

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

I have found where the property is listed, they appear to have left off the part about it being haunted.... however the photo at the top of the page appears to have some sort of robot or something stood looking out to sea on the balcony......     http://img.findaprop...0292461.pdf?v=1

#4    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 05 November 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

The "ghosts" I don't mind but the fact that it is quite low and the sea seems to be encroaching on its doorstep, well .... I wonder if the paranormal tales are a distraction from the real issue that it is sinking into rising sea levels :w00t: .  Outside of that, I would love to live in a converted lighthouse, what fun.
It would be horrible to be running behind just a bit behind schedule and miss the incoming tide...without a boat you wouldn't be able to get into your house for a half a day until the tide heads back out...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#5    blueandi

blueandi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 06 November 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

It would be horrible to be running behind just a bit behind schedule and miss the incoming tide...without a boat you wouldn't be able to get into your house for a half a day until the tide heads back out...
I know this beach well, and you wouldn't be able to reach it, even with a boat at high tide, I don't think it would be deep enough. If you built up the causeway a bit, I think access would be good all day. I wouldn't expect much privacy though, it's a very busy beach....
Still I'd love to buy it!!
:yes:

#6    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

I wonder if it could be moved to the most inland edge of the property?

Odie

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#7    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,240 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

I wouldn't worry about the spooks... But the notion of the water coming up to the foot of my home would be sort of disconcerting. And people wandering around my property would be kind of off putting as well. I would be the kind of jacknape that would put up a fence to keep the weirdos out, lol.

Still, it would be pretty cool to have a home in a lighthouse :)

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#8    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

I wonder how that would be listed... a one story?  A five story?

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#9    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

Was thinking of buying it before I realised that parking was a b****.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#10    BackFromTheDead

BackFromTheDead

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

This really interests me....the potential is enormous from renting to fishermen, to renting it to paranormal investigators etc :yes:

Where is that agents address again?  :unsure2:

Edited by BackFromTheDead, 08 November 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#11    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Bit limited what you could use it for, I see you can't get to it whilst the tied is in. Imagine living in it, you would constantly be looking at your watch thinking if I miss the bus or get stuck in traffic I am on the street for the night.

#12    prestatyn

prestatyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• WHAT WAS THAT?!!!!!!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

i used to play here when my aunts and uncles owned a cottage on talcre warren.about ten years ago i was walking round lighthouse with a metal detector and remember being wayched all the time by a man wearing dark overalls from the lighthouse balcony.i looked down to pick something up,and noticed he had gone..no one in site for miles and lighthouse door locked...had i seen the ghost?x

#13    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

View PostCryptozological Mascot, on 07 November 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

I wonder how that would be listed... a one story?  A five story?
Early American Phallic?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#14    Damian Bâthory

Damian Bâthory

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

• That is not dead wich can eternally live, when abnormal time comes, even Death may die.
    "Abl Al Ashrad, Necronomicon."

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

I want it....i want to buy it...i want to live there..

#15    Damian Bâthory

Damian Bâthory

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

• That is not dead wich can eternally live, when abnormal time comes, even Death may die.
    "Abl Al Ashrad, Necronomicon."

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

I wont buy it, my car would get flooded in the parking.....

You want it clearer..??.....just look in the mirror...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users