Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Voronezh Incident - Russia 1989

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

I beg your pardon.

Time to get your blinkers off and study a few cases.  Plenty around on this forum.

Posted Image

#32    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 20 November 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

I always thought that eye-witness testimony was the least reliable form of evidence.

Only if you are full of bias and have a vested interest in practising total denial

Posted Image

#33    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

What people describe is what they have seen on covers of sci-fi magazines from 1920s onward, and what they saw on films. It is interesting that the early descriptions seemed to be of cigar shaped UFO, which was most common type in comicbook artwork into 1950s, then it changed to flying saucers after films such as in video I post. All that they describe is remarkably crude and fits with culture of those days. These days it is mostly lights that are described, why, because they don't have to come up with something not seen on TV or films, all is vagueness and glowing and too fast to see clearly. UFO descriptions have changed as our technology has changed. I think if ET was here, then if they had technology to reach us 60 or so years ago, then they would not have needed to change their technology within that time.

#34    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 21 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

What people describe is what they have seen on covers of sci-fi magazines from 1920s onward, and what they saw on films. It is interesting that the early descriptions seemed to be of cigar shaped UFO, which was most common type in comicbook artwork into 1950s, then it changed to flying saucers after films such as in video I post. All that they describe is remarkably crude and fits with culture of those days. These days it is mostly lights that are described, why, because they don't have to come up with something not seen on TV or films, all is vagueness and glowing and too fast to see clearly. UFO descriptions have changed as our technology has changed. I think if ET was here, then if they had technology to reach us 60 or so years ago, then they would not have needed to change their technology within that time.

How do you know that we are not being visited by different strains of ET?  The evidence is that we are if you look at a trace of the  type of craft seen and witnessed over the last 70 years.  

Your observation regarding the apparent synchronisity of technology may be more profound that you realise.  There may well be a connection we just do not know.

Edited by zoser, 21 November 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Posted Image

#35    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Postzoser, on 21 November 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

How do you know that we are not being visited by different strains of ET?  The evidence is that we are if you look at a trace of the  type of craft seen and witnessed over the last 70 years.  

Your observation regarding the apparent synchronisity of technology may be more profound that you realise.  There may well be a connection we just do not know.
It is the imagination of artists and film makers that has changed over the years, not different types of ET. And it is also our technology changing that gives reports of different type of UFO. It is often the case that were there are more stronger UFO sightings, there is some military base not so far away. Voronezh, Rendlesham, Roswell, Tver (When it was Kalinin) There was many reports of UFO from here, and convincing photos. Yet nobody seemed then, and still do not now, take account of anti-aircraft missile testing range outside city. The UFO were remote controlled drones that had gone off course, but people still think they saw ET........

#36    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 21 November 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

It is the imagination of artists and film makers that has changed over the years, not different types of ET. And it is also our technology changing that gives reports of different type of UFO. It is often the case that were there are more stronger UFO sightings, there is some military base not so far away. Voronezh, Rendlesham, Roswell, Tver (When it was Kalinin) There was many reports of UFO from here, and convincing photos. Yet nobody seemed then, and still do not now, take account of anti-aircraft missile testing range outside city. The UFO were remote controlled drones that had gone off course, but people still think they saw ET........

I just don't think you have studied the subject widely enough; either that or you are just being too dismissive; I'm not sure.

Can I suggest that you watch a short clip?

Try this: it's one of my favourite cases where a guy prospecting out in Canada has a close encounter.  See what you think:

Posted Image

#37    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,107 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 20 November 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

You call that

Posted Image

tractor?!!!
:w00t:
it might look not entirely dissimilar to the B-1B, but damn, that's gorgeous, isn't it.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#38    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 21 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

What people describe is what they have seen on covers of sci-fi magazines from 1920s onward, and what they saw on films.

What movie or magazine depicts metal balls?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#39    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Okay, offtop, but what the hell. Well, perhaps somebody thought it was UFO :)
Here the "White swan" Nikolai Kuznetsov
Posted Image

#40    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

I have no idea. I mentioned illustrations because people are influenced by such. It is generalisation, not about metal balls or any other things

#41    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

View Postzoser, on 21 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

I just don't think you have studied the subject widely enough; either that or you are just being too dismissive; I'm not sure.
This man clearly suffered radium poisoning, that is all. And as for silver strips, are we to believe that aliens with technology to travel between stars are so bad at construction that bits of their ship fall off. As for my level of knowledge, well, let me say that I know what is true and what is nonsense....

#42    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,107 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 21 November 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

I have no idea. I mentioned illustrations because people are influenced by such. It is generalisation, not about metal balls or any other things
that's a fair point, and almost certainly it's not a coincidence that the boom in Saucer sightings came at the same time as the 50's sci fi pulp magazine boom. That needn't mean that it was all made up, just that people do tend to describe things in ways that they can comprehend, I suppose. If you see something extraordinary, you'll try to describe it in a way that people will be able to understand.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#43    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Wavelength (1983)

#44    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 November 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Never seen it.  Maybe Netflix has it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#45    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 November 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Never seen it.  Maybe Netflix has it.

Bee posted it somewhere last year I think.  It was entertaining at the time.  I'm not sure if the UFOs will bear much resemblance to yours though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users