Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Voronezh Incident - Russia 1989

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

I suggest you put your computer that you are typing your posts on back in the box and give it back, because it is discoveries like that which has enabled the technological level we are currently enjoying.

Cheers,
Badeskov

You mean this technology that is 30 years old?   It used to be letter writing, window shopping and encyclopedias.  Now it's email, ebay and Google.

It's useful, but never is it going to allow human's to reach for the stars.  The human race is stuck in an almighty rut the serious of which few appreciate or comprehend.

All that is left to us is to do things quicker.  That's it.  Then consider the drawbacks of this expediency.  They are manifold.

Posted Image

#62    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Post747400, on 22 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

i DO FIND IT SLIGHTLY PUZZLING, i must admit, (caps lock), that you're very interested in the idea that Extraterrestrials might be visiting Earth, would that be fair to say?, but you don't seem to be interested in actual endeavours to find planets that might potentially be home to extraterrestrial life; the thing that might one day confirm the idea that there are Extraterrestials at least. Surely this would go a long way to silencing the Skeptics and confirming that you were right all along? :blush:

I wouldn't for one minute assume that they are coming from planets.  Look; a hundred years ago people philosophised that other planet's existed.  It didn't need a degree to make such an assertion.  Now they have found a few dozen?   Woo.  What did we expect?  Are we surprised?  I'm not.

It makes not a jot of difference to the ETH if indeed one has a real interest in the matter.

Edited by zoser, 22 November 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image

#63    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,799 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 22 November 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

I wouldn't for one minute assume that they are coming from planets.  Look; a hundred years ago people philosophised that other planet's existed.  It didn't need a degree to make such an assertion.  Now they have found a few dozen?   Woo.  What did we expect?  Are we surprised?  I'm not.

It makes not a jot of difference to the ETH if indeed one has a real interest in the matter.
Well, yes it would. ETH denotes Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis. It would, I'd have thought, make a whole load of jots of difference if it was confirmed that worlds capable of hosting intelligent Life were to exist.
What you seem to be talking about is some form of extra dimensional hypothesis (EDH?), which I agree is an interesting line of speculation; so you feel that UFOs are more likely to originate from some form of other Dimensions, then?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#64    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

View Post747400, on 22 November 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Well, yes it would. ETH denotes Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis. It would, I'd have thought, make a whole load of jots of difference if it was confirmed that worlds capable of hosting intelligent Life were to exist.
What you seem to be talking about is some form of extra dimensional hypothesis (EDH?), which I agree is an interesting line of speculation; so you feel that UFOs are more likely to originate from some form of other Dimensions, then?

I honestly don't know whether they originate from planets, other dimensions, other times........the options are many.  If you were to ask me today how many planets exist  out there I would say billions.  If you asked me the same question 40 years ago I would have given the same answer.

So how is one expected to react to science's latest amazing discoveries?  The answer is there is nothing new.

Posted Image

#65    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,120 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Postzoser, on 22 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

You mean this technology that is 30 years old?

I didn't make any references to any specific technology - you mentioned the 30 years. Computer technology is ~80 years old.

It used to be letter writing, window shopping and encyclopedias.  Now it's email, ebay and Google.

It's called progress.

It's useful, but never is it going to allow human's to reach for the stars.  The human race is stuck in an almighty rut the serious of which few appreciate or comprehend.

All that is left to us is to do things quicker.  That's it.  Then consider the drawbacks of this expediency.  They are manifold.

Again, by all means of respect, but you are making it clearer and clearer how little of science you actually comprehend. Those computers that you are not very impressed by are the same technology is is used to aid in the development of materials, propulsion systems and other systems enabling traveling to the stars. If humankind at some point figures out how to get around Einsten's E=mc2, it is most likely a computer that enabled that.

Seriously Zoser?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#66    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 November 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

are the same technology is is used to aid in the development of materials, propulsion systems and other systems enabling traveling to the stars.

Badeskov

OK but I'm not going to pack my interstellar suitcase just yet. :blush:

Posted Image

#67    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

If there is a multiverse, parralel universes, then anything is possible, though only if it is possible to move between them. I certainly believe universe is teeming with life, but do not believe ET has visited us from any other solar system. About some form of life from another universe, then there is more possibility of belief

#68    MistyW

MistyW

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

We can never be sure especially since its been so many years and some of the testimony came from children (not saying they lie but some children do tend to embellish or exaggerate their stories sometimes) but then again the universe is so huge it would be impossible for there to be only one planet of intelligent life out there. The question is whether or not there are any aliens advanced enough to create technology able to reach us from such far distances and yet not be detected by the public eye

#69    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

View Postzoser, on 22 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

OK but I'm not going to pack my interstellar suitcase just yet. :blush:

Funny, because from the way you've been talking in this thread I'd assume that you not only packed it but were already off on a very long trip of sorts.

#70    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,120 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 22 November 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Funny, because from the way you've been talking in this thread I'd assume that you not only packed it but were already off on a very long trip of sorts.

Indeed!

That said, Happy Thanksgiving for those of you in the US celebrating...

Posted Image

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#71    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 November 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Indeed!

That said, Happy Thanksgiving for those of you in the US celebrating...

Posted Image

Cheers,
Badeskov

Cheers Bade, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

#72    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,120 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 22 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Cheers Bade, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

Thanks BooNy!

Cheers,
Badeskov

#73    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,360 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

View Postzoser, on 22 November 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

What and you are impressed with that?  :whistle:

Indeed, only a fool would not be. They are amazing accomplishments. In fact, amazing falls short as a description.

Good luck mate; getting excited by more balls of rock and space dust isn't my thing I'm afraid.

Luck?

Have you noticed that we are currently mapping Mars?

Where do you think any sort of alien might come from? That's a very blinkered view, and shows that all you are interested in is listening to stories that say what you want, Which is why I left the TT thread. I see no reason to hear you say the same thing about hundreds of different instances. In fact, I am amazed Boon has hung out this long.

LINK - Astronomers find new planet capable of supporting life

LINK - 'Super-Earth' alien planet may be capable of supporting life

Link - Europa Capable of Supporting Life, Scientist Says

LINK - 100 Year Starship Study

So when you said to Chrlz that "you were in good company with people of a quirky nature that study the night sky" I take it you were lying. As you do not study the night sky at all, you study Youtube and then make your own picture of the night sky. Just be honest for once.

The human race's achievements over the last 50 years have been slow and pathetic, and are showing definite signs of total arrestation as far as I can see.  Over the last 10 years we have seen nothing new that we didn't see in the last 20 years.  Maybe we see it in more detail now.  Big deal.

That is a highly ignorant statement to make.

What the hell are you expecting? Did you know it took 15 years to get the Hubble up there? What you are expecting certainly sounds unreasonable. Particularly from one who has not the slightest inkling as to what our Space programs are currently accomplishing. Shame MID is not in this thread to give you the sound thrashing you sorely deserve for such an inane comment.

As far as you see is right. It's not on Youtube with a "UFO Testimony" so it would not even pass by your attention. I take it you expect mankind to be at some level you have imagined based on flying saucer stories. You know, with this sort of arrogance for the space program, it is absolutely no wonder whatsoever that most people view anyone with an interest in UAP with a tin foil hat on. The view that man had achieved nothing in 10 or 20 years is what I would regard as "slow and pathetic".

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#74    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,360 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Postzoser, on 22 November 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Lets be absolutely clear.  They have seen nothing but stars wobble and that indicates the existence of planets.  I have seen lots of artists impressions but little else.  Sorry but my sense of fascination lies elsewhere.

BTW looks like a misdentification to me; probably just dust or swamp space gas.

Yes lets be absolutely clear.

LINK - First Direct Photo of Alien Planet Finally Confirmed

Not sure how you find it hard to make out, you seem to spend an awful lot of time seeing "things" In grainy photos.

Edited by psyche101, 23 November 2012 - 01:05 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#75    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,120 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 November 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Yes lets be absolutely clear.

LINK - First Direct Photo of Alien Planet Finally Confirmed

Not sure how you find it hard to make out, you seem to spend an awful lot of time seeing "things" In grainy photos.

I don't know about anybody else (well, I can guess), but I find that such discoveries are outright incredible and the testament to the scientists working with such.

Cheers,
Badeskov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users