Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

TWA 800 Shot Down by a Military Missile?

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#211    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 18 July 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

It was actually quite good.  I have been on the fence about this one for a while.  

But what is turning my mind is the eyewitnesses that saw not one but three bright points of light turning in different directions and converging at the plane's location.  The pilot who was in the air and saw a streak of light originate from below his aerial position and go toward the plane.  The experts who were left out of the official report because their investigation showed that the explosion came from outside the plane.  I'm sure it will be re-run again, Kowalski.

Probably. I just hate that I missed it....

#212    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

NTSB: No evidence of missile strike in TWA Flight 800 probe

The agency has no radar evidence for any kind of target “intercepting” the plane before the fatal blast, the NTSB’s Joseph Kolly said during a Tuesday media briefing meant as refresher on a disaster that has inspired years of persistent conspiracy theories.

Witness testimony was not consistent with any kind of missile strike, he said. Neither were the patterns of burns and pitting among the passengers or seats. “Ultimately, we wound up ruling out a bomb or missile strike,” Kolly said.

http://www.politico....l#ixzz2ZPmZBLOp

A simple review of the fuselage of TWA 800 shows no evidence of proximity-fused shrapnel damage from a missile attack, which further dismiss missiles claims.

Edited by skyeagle409, 18 July 2013 - 04:28 PM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#213    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Funny.  The show last night had the radar from that night and they claim to show the line cluster hits that indicate another object right before first impact.  Guess it's all in interpretation and agenda.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#214    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 18 July 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Funny.  The show last night had the radar from that night and they claim to show the line cluster hits that indicate another object right before first impact.  Guess it's all in interpretation and agenda.

You might want to check this out.

Why the 'TWA Flight 800' Documentary Is Wrong

http://www.flyingmag...16vYkHxtlOXj.99

#215    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Good link, SkyEagle.  And I know you come from a military background and speak from knowledge.  

It would be the best case scenario if a spark ignited the empty center fuel tank and brought the plane down with all those victims in just a random, tragic, isolated incident.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#216    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

What amazes me is how experts can look at the exact same evidence and come up with completely different conclusions.  So there is either deceit or ineptitude involved.  

One expert looks at seat fibers and sees no sign of explosive residue.  Another one says there is.

One expert says the explosion pattern came from inside out.  Another says it clearly was dispelled to one side and came from an outside source.

One expert looks at the radar and says no sign of a missile.  Another says, yep, there it is, clear as a bell.

Eyewitnesses claim to see streaking object(s) going up toward the plane before the explosion.  Experts claim that there is no way that all those people saw what they think they saw.

So, again, somebody is lying or somebody is an idiot.  I'm just trying to find out which.  And it makes sense to look at ALL evidence and opinions.

#217    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

MacsMom

...and don't forget the role of politicians in the incident.

Honor and respect for the opinions of experts is good, but do not forget, do not disregard, the motives and power of the politicians involved.

#218    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 18 July 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

So, just to clarify, you discount all the eyewitnesses' testimony as being inaccurate, mistaken identity, or outright lies.  Correct?

(Now, I'm not getting into a debate as to what I personally think happened and what you personally think happened because I'm not going to participate in a zero sum game.  I just want to know what your stance on the eyewitnesses is.)

You will never get a straight answer from Don.  Nunca

#219    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 18 July 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

You will never get a straight answer from Don.  Nunca

But I DO get alot of exclamation points!!!!! :P

#220    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 18 July 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

What amazes me is how experts can look at the exact same evidence and come up with completely different conclusions.  So there is either deceit or ineptitude involved.  

We can go here and take a look.

Memos warned of 747 fuel leaks

Federal aviation and Boeing service records contain extensive documentation about where the wing and belly tanks on 747s are susceptible to leaks that can cause fire.

NTSB Vice Chairman Robert Francis, who is heading the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800, has declined to compare how much credence investigators are giving to the bomb vs. leaky fuel theories. But investigators have been piecing together the section of the plane they believe will provide them with the most clues on what caused the belly and right wing tanks to rupture and burn, a sequence that most likely began about a half a minute after things began to go wrong shortly after it departed New York's John F. Kennedy Airport bound for Paris.

The center section, between rows 17 and 28, is where the blast is believed to have originated, a source said.

Posted Image

http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/5921

Next, we can go here to take a look at what steps were placed into motion after the crash of TWA 800.

FAA Issues Emergency Order on Boeing 747 Fuel Pumps

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today ordered operators of Boeing 747 aircraft to immediately change fuel pump procedures to prevent "dry operation" that could result in ignition of the center fuel or horizontal stabilizer tanks. This is an interim action while the FAA and The Boeing Company determine the cause of premature wear on some pump shaft bearings.

The FAA's Airworthiness Directive (AD) follows recent reports of pump failures due to premature wear of the shaft bearing. Operated in dry conditions, in which the parts are not covered by fuel, rotating parts could rub against other non-rotating parts. This metal-on-metal contact could cause hot spots and sparks, and a possible explosion. Therefore, the FAA has ordered operators to:

Cease operation of the horizontal stabilizer tank on Boeing 747-400 series aircraft. Normally, the pumps in the horizontal tank are run until the tank is dry.

http://aafo.com/news/FAA1203.htm

Posted Image

Air Separator
John Hickey, FAA Director of Aircraft Certification Service, holds a new device commonly called a 'air separator' that replaces oxygen in a aircraft fuel tank with nitrogen preventing potential flammable vapors seen here during a press conference July 16, 2008 at the National Transportation Safety Board training facility in Ashburn, Virginia. One day before the 12th anniversary of the crash of TWA Flight 800 off Long Island, the federal government Wednesday announced a new rule it said would eliminate the risk of exploding fuel tanks on jumbo jets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Explosion in fuel tank caused TWA Flight 800 crash, investigators say

The latest NTSB recommendations are the third set issued by the agency as a result of the July 1996 explosion that killed all 230 people aboard the New York to Paris-bound jumbo jet.
Specifically, the NTSB urges the FAA to:

•  Examine the design practices of Boeing and other manufacturers to eliminate potential ignition hazards involving fuel tank components.
  •  Review aircraft design wiring specifications to make sure low voltage fuel tank wires are separated from high voltage wires.
  •  Require manufacturers to take steps to eliminate potentially hazardous silver-sulfide deposits on components inside fuel tanks.
  •  Require the companies to improve training of maintenance of personnel so they will recognize and repair wiring problems in aging aircraft.

The FAA has adopted most of the recommendations -- issuing almost 40 orders for design, maintenance and operational changes. But the NTSB noted it is taking time to phase in the improvements. In earlier efforts to deal with the problems, the board in December 1996 recommended changes designed to reduce vapors in fuel tanks; in April of 1998, it recommended changes in airplane wiring.

Iran owned TWA jet same year one of its other 747s exploded

The Boeing 747-100 jetliner that crashed off Long Island was operated by TWA for all but one of its nearly 25 years in service. For exactly 365 days in the mid-1970s, the plane belonged to the Imperial Iranian Air Force. No connection has been established between that fact and the fiery midair explosion that knocked the plane out of the sky last week, killing all 230 on board.

But it was during the jet's 12-month stint in the Iranian military that another TWA 747 owned by Iran was destroyed near Madrid in a midair explosion much like the one that destroyed Flight 800 off Long Island last week. It was the only other time a 747 has burst into flames in midair.

In regard to radar data, there is no evidence that missiles blasted TWA 800 out of the sky.

One expert looks at seat fibers and sees no sign of explosive residue.  Another one says there is.

I might add that there was a dog-training explosive detection exercise on the aircraft about one month before the accident.

One expert says the explosion pattern came from inside out.  Another says it clearly was dispelled to one side and came from an outside source.

We can take a look at these photos to determine who is right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is no evidence anywhere on the fuselage that depicts a missile strike nor damage from a proximity fuse detonation of a missile, much less from three missiles. A C-5 transport assigned to my base in California, took a hit in number 4 engine from a surface-to-air missile over Iraq and yet it managed to return for a safe landing, but It took a while to repair the damage before the aircraft was returned to service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

ROBINS AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. -- The C-5 Galaxy that was hit by a missile shortly after takeoff in Iraq on Jan. 8 receives permanent repairs here. The aircraft was returned to Air Mobility Command on Feb. 23. (U.S. Air Force photo by Sue Sapp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The C-5 was returned to Travis AFB, CA. after repairs were completed. Let's take a look at another aircraft that was struck by a missile over Iraq and note the damage.

Posted Image

Edited by skyeagle409, 18 July 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#221    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

Now THAT is the way to have a civil, well informed, fact based discussion.  Thank you, SkyEagle.  You have given me lots to chew on.

#222    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostMacsMom, on 19 July 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Now THAT is the way to have a civil, well informed, fact based discussion.  Thank you, SkyEagle.  You have given me lots to chew on.

You are welcome! :tu:

#223    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,838 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

Like this Babe Ruth ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where`s your Proof ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#224    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sky Eagle - bringing it like a boss since 2006!

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#225    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,838 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

The best proof is the actual Proof ! And TWA -800 was brought down by its own misshap !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users