Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Would be ethical to have sex with a Bigfoot?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#91    Spring Heeled Jerk

Spring Heeled Jerk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "Until we're all atheist, apolitical, pacifist vegetarians.......We're just sh!t flingin' chimps!"

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  Facts!  Do they exist?  I think not.  Just a world full of highly probable statistical occurrences and some not very probable and some highly unlikely, but unfortunately no absolute truths.  I mean 'How do I know that the sofa I'm sat on won't turn into a lava pit the next time I sit on it?  Just 'cos I've sat on it 26,123 times (yes, I have counted....there's 26,124 BTW and still safe....phew!) before and it didn't happen I might just be unlucky next time, or even the next next time now.'  I don't wanna get all Popperian on yer ass, but if it's only facts you deal in, then mebee, just mebee.....you've come to the wrong universe...., 'cos we're all out of facts.  

Of course you meant 'good evidence'.  So mebee that should've read 'Only the good evidence ma'am'.  

Peace.

THIS POST HAS BEEN MODERATED

BY SPRaNG H01L0WED JUNK

#92    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,151 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:44 AM

View PostSpring Heeled Jerk, on 14 December 2011 - 11:50 PM, said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  Facts!  Do they exist?  I think not.  Just a world full of highly probable statistical occurrences and some not very probable and some highly unlikely, but unfortunately no absolute truths.  I mean 'How do I know that the sofa I'm sat on won't turn into a lava pit the next time I sit on it?  Just 'cos I've sat on it 26,123 times (yes, I have counted....there's 26,124 BTW and still safe....phew!) before and it didn't happen I might just be unlucky next time, or even the next next time now.'  I don't wanna get all Popperian on yer ass, but if it's only facts you deal in, then mebee, just mebee.....you've come to the wrong universe...., 'cos we're all out of facts.  

Of course you meant 'good evidence'.  So mebee that should've read 'Only the good evidence ma'am'.  

Peace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 15 December 2011 - 04:48 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#93    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:08 AM

Posted Image

Now back to the ethics of sex with Bigfoot...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#94    Holter

Holter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• If it's out there we'll find it :-)

and kill it :-(

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Society won't advance one bit until we answer these kinds of questions people. I say say what the hell. Go for it!!!!!  :yes:

#95    Kyle Rajasthan

Kyle Rajasthan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• Man is wolf to man, and the wolf with the sharpest teeth shall win.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Ah, interesting question; in a rather disturbing way that is.  Well; if you meet a nice, female (or male if that's what you like) Bigfoot, and it tells you it's o.k. with having sex with you, then it's alright because it understands what you want and agrees to it.  Now; surviving the encounter is an entirely different matter.  I would imagine, it would be quite rough, and judging by what some people believe their strength to be (this assumes they exist at all BTW), you might find yourself in serious trouble, the kind that involves dismemberment.  Then there is the matter of the Bigfoot's angry boyfriend.  Now that is a surprise  I don't think I would want to deal with LOL.  Now; that being said, if you find Bigfoot's (real or imagined) attractive, you might have a problem that needs attention, or you have very low standards.  Please think about it.

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

#96    Spring Heeled Jerk

Spring Heeled Jerk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "Until we're all atheist, apolitical, pacifist vegetarians.......We're just sh!t flingin' chimps!"

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:06 AM

View PostSakari, on 15 December 2011 - 04:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Excellent stuff there dude.  Of course this is a common reaction when folk first come upon really really really basic metaphysical tenets which question their take on reality.  More later.

View PostNight Walker, on 15 December 2011 - 08:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

Now back to the ethics of sex with Bigfoot...

Yes indeed, back to sex with bigfoot, but just  a second 'cos I'd like to thank the nocturnal ambulator for providing such a fine example of how supposed fact can actually be far from the truth.  

Black and white ( as NW has alluded to ) are in fact not colours, but a label for a perceptual experience, that as a perceptual experience, is quite subjective.  As all educated folk know the concept of white is actually what we perceive as an amalgamation of all the colours of the visual spectrum.  Ergo white does not equal white (as NW rightly asserted) but actually equals the sum of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.   Conversely black follows suit.  Far from being a colour, it is indeed the lack of all colours within the visual spectrum.  Black is in fact nothing.  So thanks for offering up such a great example to validate my point NW.  I also assume that you were alluding to the raft of socio-perceptual experiments carried out in the 90's that demonstrated that folks perception of colour could be influenced by both a majority and minority of peers.  For those guys green was blue and blue was green.  

I would love one irrefutable fact. Is on my christmas list.

In further response to Sakari, consider this.  The science of physics has for some time operated under the assumption that nothing,  I'll repeat that,  NOTHING, could travel faster than the speed of light.  It's been quite happy in this assumption for some time and some cleverer folk than me have revelled in it.  And then...............We get the neutrino that travels faster than light.  You've heard about that I guess folks, but that is the scientific equivalent of my metaphysical sofa turning into a lava pit when I sit on it.  So physics goes tits up and I GET A BURNT @RSE.  Or as the great physicist Suzuki said 'All knowledge is conditional'.

To use a metaphysical catapult to get this back on topic (god forbid I hijack this thread) I propose this.

If a bigfoot is scuttled in the woods and nobody is present to witness the scuttling, has the bigfoot really been scuttled?

Answers on a postcard.

Peace

THIS POST HAS BEEN MODERATED

BY SPRaNG H01L0WED JUNK

#97    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

I'm amazed that there are still responses being posted to this. :huh:

I think a lock on this topic is long overdue.

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users