Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Do Einstein's Laws Prove Ghosts Exist?


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

So the whatever energy disperses into the environment when we die. So what happens during conception? Some of that whatever energy coalesces and "posseses" a fetus the moment a heart takes it's first beat? Or, is there constant dispersal of energy, due to new energy always being created? Interesting questions.


#17    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

View PostEdel, on 11 November 2011 - 06:32 PM, said:

I'm not a firm believer of ghosts of any sort. But the article contradicts itself horribly.

First of all, it mentions that the energy "generated" by our organisms transfers to others by the means of digestion. I completely and utterly disagree. Our digestion system is designed to absorb necessary nutrients, that is molecules, that our cells need in order to function and transfer new energy. Our digestion system is not designed at all to absorb energy, but necessary components of organic matter.

In fact, the energy "generated" by our bodies does indeed transforms into heat energy, but this one does indeed end up in the air and dissipates, or transform into other types of energy.

Secondly, the author claims that the energy created by our bodies is simply cut off from its generation source and compares it to the electrical current of a lightbulb. The example, in my humble opinion, is completely out of place and absurd. Yes indeed, the energy is no longer generated, but that doesn't mean it dissapears, not at all, a large fraction of it turns once again into heat and joins the enviroment. Comparing it with the electrical current of a lightbulb is stupidly wrong.

To wrap this all up, the author claims that the energy rejoins the enviroment in form of food. I'll just leave that there.

The energy that makes our bodies function largely still lingers along after our death. The real question Ghost Hunters and researchers of the field do ask themselves, is if this energy does indeed contain some sort of personality. Something which I believe is a fair question.

But the author of this article seems bound to leave them all in ridicule, and makes horrible mistakes while at it. This surprises me coming from livescience.

I don't think you understand the term "energy"


#18    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

View Postdiablo_04_12, on 11 November 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

Surely there's always a possibility that there are kinds of energy that we are still not capable to register and comprehend.
Yet there's no evidence of it and it would still fall under the description of the quantity of a system's ability to do work, so if there is some other kind of energy, it still wouldn't explain ghosts.


#19    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Does the fact that some ghosts have the ability to pass through solid objects suggest that maybe they don't conform to known laws of physics...




#20    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 11 November 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

Does the fact that some ghosts have the ability to pass through solid objects suggest that maybe they don't conform to known laws of physics...

First of all, that's not a FACT.
Second, if they don't conform to the laws of physics, why try to craft explanations from them?


#21    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,809 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I don't think the theory proves ghosts exist... However if ghosts do exist, it's not a bad theory for the reason why they exist.


#22    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

View Postshadowofadoubt, on 11 November 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

First of all, that's not a FACT.
Second, if they don't conform to the laws of physics, why try to craft explanations from them?

Granted it's not a fact.But if ghosts were ever proven to exist,would they be made of atoms like us or the world around us.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#23    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

View Postrashore, on 11 November 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

I don't think the theory proves ghosts exist... However if ghosts do exist, it's not a bad theory for the reason why they exist.
If they do exist, this "theory" has nothing to do with them. It doesn't make sense. it hinges on the misunderstanding of what energy is.


#24    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,809 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

View Postshadowofadoubt, on 11 November 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

If they do exist, this "theory" has nothing to do with them. It doesn't make sense. it hinges on the misunderstanding of what energy is.


Lol, I didn't say it was a good theory or a supportable one. Just not a bad one :) There are some pretty awful theories out there.


#25    Edel

Edel

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • Live by your dreams, listen to your heart.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

View Postshadowofadoubt, on 11 November 2011 - 07:44 PM, said:

I don't think you understand the term "energy"

I do understand, however, that not all energy goes under the same nature. I do understand the concept of energy being the quantity measurement of the system's ability to do work. However the definition of energy is somewhat...varied. Luminous energy, radiant energy, or in other words..light, does not follow the concept of work but that of non-physical photons and wavelengths. Light is one of the most interesting and unique forms of 'energy', so to speak.

My point is...not so recently ago we discovered the wonderful phenomenon of Light, which was called 'energy'. There could be other also unique forms and manifestations of 'energy' we might not know about yet. Pardon me sir, but I think that's a very fair assumption.

Posted Image

#26    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Joined:29 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

If energy can't be created, it leads to the problem : energy always exists, therefore the universe always exist, which are assumptions yet to be proven.


#27    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostEdel, on 11 November 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

I do understand, however, that not all energy goes under the same nature. I do understand the concept of energy being the quantity measurement of the system's ability to do work. However the definition of energy is somewhat...varied. Luminous energy, radiant energy, or in other words..light, does not follow the concept of work but that of non-physical photons and wavelengths. Light is one of the most interesting and unique forms of 'energy', so to speak.

My point is...not so recently ago we discovered the wonderful phenomenon of Light, which was called 'energy'. There could be other also unique forms and manifestations of 'energy' we might not know about yet. Pardon me sir, but I think that's a very fair assumption.

Radiant energy is the energy of electromagnetic waves including light, but also the rest of the EM spectrum. It can do work on another system. Think about your microwave oven. The wave carries the energy (or potential) and is transferred to other systems as the potential to do work.


#28    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

Is the kitten in the box dead if no one is observing it or does it exist at all?


#29    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

Anyway, when people talk about ghosts being "energy", it's not energy in the physics sense, so it doesn't apply to Einstein's theories or physics at all. It's an arbitrary, undefined, made up property of something that has no known definable characteristics.
It may as well be called spaghetti sauce.


#30    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

View Postshadowofadoubt, on 12 November 2011 - 02:53 AM, said:

Anyway, when people talk about ghosts being "energy", it's not energy in the physics sense, so it doesn't apply to Einstein's theories or physics at all. It's an arbitrary, undefined, made up property of something that has no known definable characteristics.
It may as well be called spaghetti sauce.

LMAO, so agreed.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users