Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Skyrim General Info

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

So I picked this game up last night and I must say it's pretty fun.  Anyone else playing?

I thought it might be cool to have a thread dedicated to questions and answers.

Right now I'm looking for information about houses available in Skyrim.  I haven't played very far into it, but so far I've only found one house for sale; in Whiterun for 5,000.  Have any of you found other houses and how much do they cost?

Cheers.

#2    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,014 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

I think this is going to be a new favourite thread for me soon.  I bought Skyrim two days ago and cannot wait to get right into it (good bye social life, hello RPG-land).  I played through some of the introduction, and with the exception of a few awesome explosions sounded fairly similar to Oblivion (I'm still waiting to see how the Followers dynamics work).  But I'm a fan and I cannot wait to get into it properly (I've been steering clear of going all in because of a holiday I'll be on next week - I want to enjoy the holiday, not spend it wishing I was back at home playing the game, haha).  

Interesting to see how the game pans out :)

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#3    Arbie

Arbie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

I'm not sure about other houses just yet. Maybe you need to impress the Jarls of the other cities to be able to buy in them? I like Whiterun, but it isn't my favourite place so I'm hoping it isn't the only area you can have a house.

The game is amazing. I haven't played Morrowind, which I hear it's more alike to than Oblivion, but I loved Oblivion and I think I'm going to enjoy this just as much. I'm disappointed you don't have as much freedom in making your character, but it's hardly something to complain about!

What races do you plan to play as? And although the class system isn't as structured or set in stone as Oblivion, what is your playing style going to be? =]

"It's a god-eat-god world."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

#4    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,974 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

I've been playing it quite abit, its a good change from Battlefield 3 and MW3. I usually play shooters but I also like Fallout/Skyrim style games once I get into them. I like the leveling up screen with the stars in Skyrim, I think thats pretty cool and I actually like not having to pick as much as in Oblivion. It would take me ages before in deciding who/what to go.

I decided to go an Argonian again focusing on sneak and pickpocket skills as well as illusion. I mainly want the assassins blade skill and invisibility, so I can sneak up and backstab. Right now though I sneak around with a mace/dagger and mainly a calm spell. It's pretty cool.

*Oh and I called my character 'Zlip', So I can give them the slip if I get caught trying to sneak around. He is Argonian so has trouble pronouncing the S.  ^_^

Edited by Kazahel, 14 November 2011 - 03:02 AM.

#5    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

ATM level 20 Argonian Thief / Archer

best. game. EVAR!

#6    boogyman42701

boogyman42701

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

Level 32 assassin/thief. Just finished up thieves guild and dark brotherhood story lines.

#7    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

level 31 Woodelf archer, 100 smithing with full dragon scale armow, finished main story in process of starting Dark Brother hood. Much better game than oblivion how ever since im ons ps3 im struck with the FPS issues which seem to happen once your save files becomes larger than 8mb.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#8    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 12 November 2011 - 11:36 PM, said:

Right now I'm looking for information about houses available in Skyrim.  I haven't played very far into it, but so far I've only found one house for sale; in Whiterun for 5,000.  Have any of you found other houses and how much do they cost?

It seems like there is a house in each hold for sale. Generally it seems like you need to impress/serve
the Jarl in each instance. Currently I'm using the one in Windhelm. The original cost was 12,000. It's
awesome; almost the whole upstairs is almost nothing but display cases, weapon racks, and mannequins  :P

My character is a Lv 33 Nord, Assassin-type. Whole sneak skill tree is maxed and am wearing the
Ancient Dark Brotherhood Armor. Who here doesn't love that throat-slitting animation?  

I haven't completed the main story (or pretty much any story line other than the Dark Brotherhood).
I just keep getting distracted by hunting deer, catching butterflies, and randomly assassinating
guards to worry about this dragon business. :lol:

"Stone people should not live in glass houses"
"The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic."
"Don't forget that your beliefs are meaningless unless your the one screaming loudest."
"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and they are all useful but selfserving."

#9    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for the many responses.  I'm thoroughly enjoying this game.  Speaking of which, I'm going to go play now! :)

#10    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

houses available in Skyrim as taken from official game guide.

Proudspire manor in Solitude (haafingar hold)
Cost of home - 25,000 gold
Cost of home with all upgrades - 36,000 gold

Breezehome  in Whiterun (whiterun hold)
Cost of home - 5000
Cost of home with all upgrades - 6250 gold

Honeyside in Riften (The Rift)
Cost of home - 8000 gold
cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Hjerim in Windhelm (Eastmarch)
Cost of home - 12,000 gold
Cost of home with all upgrades - 21,000 gold

Vlindrel Hall in Markath - (The reach)
cost of home - 8000 gold
Cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Upgrades include Alchemy stations, enchanters stations, Better furniture, armor mannequins, weapon mounts and Armory. Some houses also come with gardens or porches. All info taken from my official game guide.

Posted Image

#11    SystemShoX

SystemShoX

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

• I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

I've got a question: is there any way to disable the "favourites" thing? Where you can keybind spells.
I use a Razer Naga and 1-8 are unavailable due to this. :(

#12    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

View PostVaise, on 20 November 2011 - 04:05 AM, said:

houses available in Skyrim as taken from official game guide.

Proudspire manor in Solitude (haafingar hold)
Cost of home - 25,000 gold
Cost of home with all upgrades - 36,000 gold

Breezehome  in Whiterun (whiterun hold)
Cost of home - 5000
Cost of home with all upgrades - 6250 gold

Honeyside in Riften (The Rift)
Cost of home - 8000 gold
cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Hjerim in Windhelm (Eastmarch)
Cost of home - 12,000 gold
Cost of home with all upgrades - 21,000 gold

Vlindrel Hall in Markath - (The reach)
cost of home - 8000 gold
Cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Upgrades include Alchemy stations, enchanters stations, Better furniture, armor mannequins, weapon mounts and Armory. Some houses also come with gardens or porches. All info taken from my official game guide.
Ah, thank you for that!  I knew I should have bought that guide with the game.  I have two of them already, but nice to know I can get more.  Funny, my first was in Whiterun and second was in Solitude.  At least now I know the rest will be cheaper than Solitude!

#13    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

View PostSystemShoX, on 20 November 2011 - 04:29 AM, said:

I've got a question: is there any way to disable the "favourites" thing? Where you can keybind spells.
Not sure, I haven't been focusing on spells at all.

#14    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

View PostSystemShoX, on 20 November 2011 - 04:29 AM, said:

from what ive seen favorites isent removable im afraid :(, also the guide is awesome lots of info in it and it came with a huge map with every location listed and number easy reference ^^ is awesome ^^

Posted Image

#15    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Dragon Data
All dragons are as follows if using Fire attacks the Dragon will be 50% resistant to Fire Attacks, but will be 25% weakened to frost attacks. Similarly Frost dragons are 50% Resistant to frost but 25% weakened to Fire. I will be Adding Shout information at a later date if people are interested

* Is Average Bite Damage
RED = Fire Spells
BLUE = Frost Spells
GREY = Push Spells

Dragon - Brown, Fire or Frost and Bite(*37dam avg) - Lvl 10 - Health 905
Spells :- Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout

Blood Dragon - Green (go figure), Fire or Frost and Bite (*75dam avg) - Lvl 20 - Health 1421
Spells :- Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout and Unrelenting force shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout
*note* Frost Blood Dragons Will not use Unrelenting Force Shout

Frost Dragon - White , Frost and Bite (*150 dam avg)- Lvl 30 - Health 1860
Spells :- Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout and Unrelenting Force Shout

Elder Dragon - Bronze , Fire or Frost and Bite (*225 dam avg) - Lvl 40 - Health 2255
Spells :- Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout and Unrelenting force shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout and Unrelenting force shout

Ancient Dragon - Red/Black , Fire or Frost and Bite (300 dam Avg) - Lvl 50 - Health 3071
Spells :-Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout and Unrelenting force shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout and Unrelenting force shout

Alduin - I have Choose not to add Alduins Stats Yet since i dont want to reveal to much

Edited by Vaise, 20 November 2011 - 07:57 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users