Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christian 'fired for refusing to wear '666'

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#46    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

View Postjbondo, on 22 November 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

The Bible clearly states not to take the mark. God will protect you yes but you still have choices. Making such statements as above is just silly.

Mock the Christians is a favorite game I can see.

Take a look in the reflection of you glass house.

The Beast out of the Earth
11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

-Revelation 13

I don't see any beasts rising out of the earth to force stickers on us. Just a workplace manager who valued employee safety, so he gave them daily reminders to stay safe. Plus the sticker would have been on his chest... Not his right hand nor his head... So according to revelations there was no cause for his tissy fit.

Edited by __Kratos__, 22 November 2011 - 04:48 PM.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

View Post__Kratos__, on 22 November 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

I don't see any beasts rising out of the earth to force stickers on us. Just a workplace manager who valued employee safety, so he gave them daily reminders to stay safe. Plus the sticker would have been on his chest... Not his right hand nor his head... So according to revelations there was no cause for his tissy fit.

Excellent point Kratos... I feel there is more to this story than meets the eye...  For all we know he could have had a few formal warnings for other rules he may have broken leading up to this 666 flip out  OR he could have done more with this whole 666 malarkey then we know about...

A few people have made this look as if they fired him all because they are anti-Christians... Which to me is garbage talk.....  The factory being situated in the bible belt is bound to have it's fair share of Christian employees and most likely Christians in management.... So to say it was all anti Christian is over the top and down right silly

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

View Post__Kratos__, on 22 November 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

So you work at an abbatoir and to promote the rights of animals they are going to make you wear a sticker of a lamb getting an electric shock to the head.

Only problem is you're Muslim and you faith demands it gets its throat slit while fully conscious.

Do you think your manager would make you go through with wearing the sticker?

#49    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 22 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

Excellent point Kratos... I feel there is more to this story than meets the eye...  For all we know he could have had a few formal warnings for other rules he may have broken leading up to this 666 flip out  OR he could have done more with this whole 666 malarkey then we know about...

A few people have made this look as if they fired him all because they are anti-Christians... Which to me is garbage talk.....  The factory being situated in the bible belt is bound to have it's fair share of Christian employees and most likely Christians in management.... So to say it was all anti Christian is over the top and down right silly

Sure he got warnings for refusing to work Sundays and being absent on Xmas Eve lol

Some people are more religious that you please remember that.

#50    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 22 November 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

Some people are more religious that you please remember that.

And some do not over react over a number....Many people just get on with things and don't like to cause a fuss

You act as though he must have been the only Christian there... I seriously doubt he was...And I doubt he was the only one who was deeply religious

I also doubt  that the story you have read in regards to this man and how he was fired, you do not know the FULL story..

I think some here claiming it was because he was christian and how anti Christian they were to fire him is ever so slightly over the top and silly....

He was hired as a Christian they all knew and he managed to stay in the firm for a couple of years... I think there is a lot more to it than what some on line article says... Note the article has nothing from the company itself.. so for now, it is BIASED

#51    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 22 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

I thought so. :P

So much in fact I just emailed the company telling them to forward the passage link to their lawyers. Teach him to annoy me while I'm enjoying an all nighter. With any luck, I'll get some free plastic goods from them. :lol:

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

View Post__Kratos__, on 22 November 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

I thought so. :P

So much in fact I just emailed the company telling them to forward the passage link to their lawyers. Teach him to annoy me while I'm enjoying an all nighter. With any luck, I'll get some free plastic goods from them. :lol:

Posted ImageI wouldn't put it past you  lol

In ref to the article,  why this is even made news is beyond me...

#53    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

what an idiot

#54    minimom

minimom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

Considering the mindset of most fundamentalists in the south, his refusal doesn't surprise me. One day, maybe they'll get past all of this mythology generated angst over a simple set of numbers.

#55    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

View Postminimom, on 22 November 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Considering the mindset of most fundamentalists in the south, his refusal doesn't surprise me. One day, maybe they'll get past all of this mythology generated angst over a simple set of numbers.

A Judge wont take that view.

Some people are deeply religious to the point where they would take offence to a 666 badge. Religious rights are protected under law. If you worked in a toy shop which was promoting Gollywog dolls, you were black and they wanted you to wear a Gollywog sticker would you take that?

I sure as hell wouldnt.

#56    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,341 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 22 November 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

So you work at an abbatoir and to promote the rights of animals they are going to make you wear a sticker of a lamb getting an electric shock to the head.

Only problem is you're Muslim and you faith demands it gets its throat slit while fully conscious.

Do you think your manager would make you go through with wearing the sticker?
Wait, why would a Muslim get a job that conflicts with their beliefs?

#57    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,341 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

View Postjbondo, on 22 November 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if this were a Muslim issue?

This is a big deal to Christians and there is no reason to force him to wear it. Something tells me that they didn't like it that he was a Christian. Maybe he was reading his terrible Bible at lunch and threatening to destroy the sanctity of all the nonbelievers.

They had it in for him.

JMO.

Note: 616 is a variant but the most widely accepted number is 666.
Some Christians understand the context of the number, clearly he wasn't one of them.

#58    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 22 November 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Some people are deeply religious to the point where they would take offence to a 666 badge.

And those SOME you speak of have issues and take it too far...  Any confident Christian would NOT take it that far... Looks to me like the guy you are trying desperately to defend is not that confident...   Confident Christians KNOW they are protected regardless of a stupid sticker ....

Over reactors are two a penny  lol

If you worked in a toy shop which was promoting Gollywog dolls, you were black and they wanted you to wear a Gollywog sticker would you take that?  

Oh for petes sake this is just getting worse by the post  lol  They no longer make gollywog dolls ...... .. Here are more really silly examples -->    Say you worked in  your local KFC and your manager wanted you to wear a chicken burger badge. and  you are a vegetarian.. would you wear it??    ...OR.......... You are working in a bar, the landlord suggests to wear a new larger sticker to promote it.. and you are T- total..would you wear it?  OMG the horrors...Posted Image

Each example you have given.. including the Muslim and lamb one are just silly examples... like the examples I made up just now... They are all silly...You have not made any valid or logical point....The reason why you have not made a point is.. Your statement or your attempt to defend this character is weaken by saying - But some are just overly religious.... Lots of Christians are really religious but those that freak out over a sticker is just beyond that.. that's mental ..not overly religious ...His fears of this number could use help from a professional IF he feels that bad....

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 22 November 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#59    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 22 November 2011 - 06:14 PM, said:

Wait, why would a Muslim get a job that conflicts with their beliefs?

Posted Image I know, I read that and thought what??

I think this whole issue should be settled out of court and allow the man to receive  $666 compensation Posted Image

#60    SAmbag

SAmbag

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

ITT we discuss who should've cared less - should the man give a **** about the number? Or should the company have given a **** he was wearing it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users