Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Want to Find Aliens?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    Persia

Persia

A Persian Monarchist

• 8,769 posts

• ♥ FREE PERSIA♥

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

When searching for alien planets that could host extraterrestrial life, scientists should broaden their minds beyond "Earth-like planets," researchers say.

http://www.space.com...th-planets.html

Posted Image

#2    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

It makes perfect sense to me, who knows what varied forms of life have occurred under far different conditions to our own planet.

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#3    Bildr

Bildr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

• “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Gustav Jung

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Makes perfect sense indeed, if you think about the possibility of Silicon base life form, instead of carbon like us(per example).

All known life on Earth is built upon carbon and carbon-based compounds. Yet the possibility has been discussed that life elsewhere may have a different chemical foundation – one based on the element silicon.
http://www.daviddarl...iliconlife.html

but for silicon based life form to breath oxygen is a little problem, maybe they would breath something like sulfur instead.

Edited by Bildr, 22 November 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#4    Bildr

Bildr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

• “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Gustav Jung

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Like some on said on the link comments; "I just hope we can find Humans on earth first... have you seen any, lately?"

We should think about finding our own humanity and caring of our life here on earth before looking for somewhere else...

#5    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

This makes sense since we have no idea what causes life in the first place.

#6    AmpleFyre

AmpleFyre

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Science fiction writers have suggested this for years.
But that isn't anything new, either.

#7    astro01

astro01

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

theyre only just figuring this out?

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Is this not exactly what we have been contemplating for years? I thought we were trying to get something together to burrow into Europa.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#9    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,196 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 November 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

Is this not exactly what we have been contemplating for years? I thought we were trying to get something together to burrow into Europa.

Indeed so.

Testing a Europa Probe Prototype

Just one example and I am sure there are even olde articles around.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#10    Frank Fontaine

Frank Fontaine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Not to trample on anyone's parade, but if silicon based life is as slow as it is suggested in that video above, would we really call that "life"?

#11    Emperor470

Emperor470

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

i was the one that sent that to nasa as a question i gave them that idea lol :)

#12    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 November 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Indeed so.

Testing a Europa Probe Prototype

Just one example and I am sure there are even olde articles around.

Cheers,
Badeskov

As long as they remember to put a Aluminum Tin Foil hat on it this time ! THe Mars Rovers scared all the Martians underground ! When we splash down onto Europa we need to be incognito !
Have a Great Thanksgiving smelt,Borst or what ever you like for Thanksgiving Bad`s justDONTEATUS :w00t:

This is a Work in Progress!

#13    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,196 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 23 November 2011 - 04:38 AM, said:

As long as they remember to put a Aluminum Tin Foil hat on it this time ! THe Mars Rovers scared all the Martians underground ! When we splash down onto Europa we need to be incognito !
Have a Great Thanksgiving smelt,Borst or what ever you like for Thanksgiving Bad`s justDONTEATUS :w00t:

Oh, I am gonna have a big, fat turkey full of stuffing with all the side dishes and lots of gravy in the best US tradition :blush: I can't, however, even begin to fathom what you will be conjuring up in your FTL capable smoker....:P

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, albeit I am sure I will be around on Thursday to say the same :)

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#14    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,244 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

Like scientists said if there life out there, you don`nt want to know in what forms:) all I remember is that movie Starship Troopers ,a bug with a brain!!!

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 23 November 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

Like scientists said if there life out there, you don`nt want to know in what forms:) all I remember is that movie Starship Troopers ,a bug with a brain!!!

That was just a movie. Considering out pool of one, it seems highly likely that our model of a bipedal creature with opposable thumbs is a design that will assit the climb to intelligence. Therefore I suspect most Intelligent Aliens will look somewhat similar to us. As with convergent evolution on our own planet, whereby we saw Marsupials that look just like canines, I feel our model is likely to lead to success in other environments as well.

Of course for life, that parameter is fairly open.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users