Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Want to Find Aliens?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

Sure there will be life on planets unlike Earth. However with what we know and with the limited resources don't you think it's more practical to work with what we know?

Posted Image

#17    Widdekind

Widdekind

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

• women say 'Horoscope'
    men say 'Prophesy'
    all apes receive the same gist
    heavenly Mono-Theism
    the Good Cop is a (very) good Cop

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Intelligent Aliens might not live on planets, anymore, at all (but, have become completely "space adapted", living in artificial superior-to-planets space habitats)

#18    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

There's no reason to speculate about other strange life forms. We'll know life when (and if) we ever see it.

We're not excluding planets.

#19    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• 1,463 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

One problem is that if the alien life is different enough, we might not recognise it as being intelligent: we've been debating the intelligence of dolphins for 65 years without coming to a conclusion, for instance, and them we can lay hands on!

That's why I've said for years that SETI should be looking for alien radar signals. Radar's too useful not to be exploited by anyone who's discovered it, a water-oxygen atmosphere dictates its frequency parameters, and the very high-powered and directional beams should carry well. We may miss the more alien technologies this way, but if we discover a 3Ghz pulse-modulated signal with a 400 pulse-per-second pulse recurrence frequency and a ten-second recurrence rate coming out of a distant planetary system, we'll have a pretty good idea of what we're looking at.

#20    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

RADAR won't travel that far. The standard airport Watchman will give you about 60 miles. Ultra low frequencies will travel a lot further. However any signal producing equipment would have to be based in orbit if you wanted some form of space RADAR since high frequency waves will be massively attenuated by the atmosphere and low frequency waves tend to bounce off the ionosphere and back down to Earth.

In order for us to detect a radio wave from another planet, that planet must have deliberately sent it our way, since anything else will just appear as random spikes in the spectrum. No way is anyone on a distant world sitting down to watch Hitler's broadcasts.

Anyway - aren't we already starting to look for life in all kinds of places? 20 years ago no one would have given Europa a second thought but now the subsurface ocean theory seems to be the strongest.

Edited by Robbo, 24 November 2011 - 11:50 AM.

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#21    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,340 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Even if we find life i doubt it would walk on 2 or 4 legs i doubt it would even walk. If there was any intelligent life in our solar system they would already came here to say hello, because we are about to discover them and we just started with some brave space travel plans and concepts.. So 2 options, first they are hiding from some unknown reason second they arent intelligent at all, bacterias or some other sort of micro organisms.

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#22    ynotnoty

ynotnoty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

View PostHMS Dreadnought, on 22 November 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

It makes perfect sense to me, who knows what varied forms of life have occurred under far different conditions to our own planet.

since when was weather capable of creating genetic information? lol

#23    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Psychic Spy

• 1,328 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

View Postynotnoty, on 24 November 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

since when was weather capable of creating genetic information? lol
I did not mention the word "weather" once  :sleepy:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#24    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 24 November 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Even if we find life i doubt it would walk on 2 or 4 legs i doubt it would even walk.
So, like, how would it get around?

If there was any intelligent life in our solar system they would already came here to say hello, because we are about to discover them and we just started with some brave space travel plans and concepts..
We've already proved beyond any doubt that there is intelligent life on a planet in our solar system.

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,511 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 24 November 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Even if we find life i doubt it would walk on 2 or 4 legs i doubt it would even walk. If there was any intelligent life in our solar system they would already came here to say hello, because we are about to discover them and we just started with some brave space travel plans and concepts.. So 2 options, first they are hiding from some unknown reason second they arent intelligent at all, bacterias or some other sort of micro organisms.

How could something that cannot walk kick off an Industrial Revolution?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#26    ynotnoty

ynotnoty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostHMS Dreadnought, on 22 November 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

It makes perfect sense to me, who knows what varied forms of life have occurred under far different conditions to our own planet.

ok what exactly do you mean by conditions then?

#27    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,423 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:31 AM

I speculate every day about the aliens around me  Like ? Where  do they get those really baggie low hanging pants? ANd Why do they wear those Dark sunglasses at night?
And Who else on this world would really eat at McDonalds ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#28    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Psychic Spy

• 1,328 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

View Postynotnoty, on 24 November 2011 - 11:33 PM, said:

ok what exactly do you mean by conditions then?
Everything that supports life.

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#29    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,172 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

Life forms on this planet have been found in conditions assumed, at various times in the past, to be incapable of sustaining living plants and creatures.....  like,  total darkness (supported by more typical life forms from sunlit regions), extremely high temperatures, extremely high pressures,  and so on and so forth.   We shouldn't assume we would even recognize, by appearance, some forms of life as being alive?
   Nor should we assume they wouldn't be surprisingly similar ?

check this out if you like:  http://gizmodo.com/5...-finds-new-life
NASA has discovered a new life form, a bacteria called GFAJ-1 that is unlike anything currently living in planet Earth. It's capable of using arsenic to build its DNA, RNA, proteins, and cell membranes. This changes everything.
◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
NASA's geobiologist Pamela Conrad thinks that the discovery is huge and "phenomenal," comparing it to the Star Trek episode in which the Enterprise crew finds Horta, a silicon-based alien life form that can't be detected with tricorders because it wasn't carbon-based. It's like saying that we may be looking for new life in the wrong places with the wrong methods. Indeed, NASA tweeted that this discovery "will change how we search for life elsewhere in the Universe."

http://www.google.co...142l3-1.1.4l6l0

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#30    ynotnoty

ynotnoty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

View PostHMS Dreadnought, on 25 November 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

Everything that supports life.

so what your saying is life was created by chance just a bunch of random molecules that came together i cant get past this to my mind this is absurd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users