Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scientist Develops Magnetic "Zap" Gun

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 26 January 2003 - 10:15 AM

Just by pointing his super-magnets at the right spots on your head, Doctor Alvaro Pascual-Leone can make you go momentarily mute or blind. He can disrupt your working memory or your ability to recognize faces.

He can even make it harder for you to say verbs while nouns remain as easy as ever. Weird, yes. Fringe, no.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Boston Globe On-Line                                                

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 04:42 AM

Sometimes it seems like I've been zapped wacko.gif
But then it's just probably my drain bamage biggrin.gif                                                

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#3    Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 08:46 PM

is this one anything like the giant phaser that someone had gone and built a while back, but it was the size of a pool table?                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#4    Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 12:41 AM

so who is the jackass that lets this guy fry his brain with magnets, making him mute and blind?  omg.                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users