Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged]Walking Through Doorways Makes You Forget

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,715 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Postthe L, on 06 February 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thanks.

This study is relifing to me. I used to go into room for something then I forget for what I came for.
I never thought of that.  Puts an interesting spin on this, doesn't it?

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#32    sutemi

sutemi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

This topic was recently discussed in a science program in the UK. They believed this phenomena was a survival technique from our ancient ancestor so when going from one environment to another something like jungle to savannah, the mind can be fully aware for any new danger that the new environment might hold. It seems reasonable. There are many things we do that are instinctual. I am reminded of the science reports of time slowing down in accidents including sight/vision becoming black and white because it can process faster in this mode rather than process colour vision, possibly giving milliseconds of extra time that might be the difference between life and death.

#33    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

View Postthe L, on 06 February 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

http://www.eurekaler...d-wtd111811.php

"Entering or exiting through a doorway serves as an 'event boundary' in the mind, which separates episodes of activity and files them away," Radvansky explains.

that explains a lot for me.....lots of doorways where I work....I can blame my brain farts on them.  Good to have something to blame instead of me

doug

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#34    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I was going to post something prophetic here on the subject but as I walked through 2 doorways to get here Ive forgot what it was..Perhaps theres some truth behind this.

#35    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Well walking through baby gates causes me to forget!

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#36    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postthe L, on 06 February 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

http://www.eurekaler...d-wtd111811.php

"Entering or exiting through a doorway serves as an 'event boundary' in the mind, which separates episodes of activity and files them away," Radvansky explains.
Its amazing the way the brain works and set triggers as far as memory recall and just all out forgetting things

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users