Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Ghost Sightings of People Still Alive


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    BKKToni

BKKToni

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and your willingness to help out in any way!

I understand the concept of ghosts who were once humans who have passed over. I also believe there are ghosts and spirits all around us, even if I can't see or hear them. However, what do you call it when you can see sightings of people who are still alive, can be seen but are not there? Here are two examples from the restaurant where we work to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

1) A few days ago, my chef was sitting at the table inside alone and the server was outside, but can see inside through the glass. As she went to go do something and came back she saw one other server sitting next to the chef. She was surprised because he hadn't been there for weeks due to the Bangkok flooding. After was finished cleaning the tables, she went inside to talk to server, she didn't see him. Figuring he went to the restroom, she asked the chef who was still sitting and doing paperwork where was the server? He looked confused? She told him she just saw the server sitting next to him - white t-shirt, funky hairstyle (common for him) and was looking down at something. The chef got freaked because no one was inside the restaurant but him!

2) A few days earlier, two staff members were sitting at the same table waiting for customers to arrive and saw one other staff member coming back to the restaurant. They both saw the staff member coming back AND the server from the first story following behind. They were surprised because it was her day off. They looked away to chat again when the staff member came in. Figuring the server decided to go around back, one of the girls got up to unlock the back door, but the server wasn't there. When they asked the staff member where was the server who was walking behind her just now, she freaked out too because she thought she came back alone.

Both servers are very much alive and in good health. How is this possible? Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. BTW, there have been sightings and noises in the restaurant, but usually during the evening or at night. Both sightings described above happened during the day. I personally have never seen anything, nor do I care to  :P  but have heard things a few times. I don't feel any negative energy and neither does the staff, but still a bit freaky.

Again thank you for reading this and look forward to whatever you've got. Take care and have a great weekend!

Toni


#2    minera

minera

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

  • There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

View PostBKKToni, on 03 December 2011 - 03:06 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and your willingness to help out in any way!

I understand the concept of ghosts who were once humans who have passed over. I also believe there are ghosts and spirits all around us, even if I can't see or hear them. However, what do you call it when you can see sightings of people who are still alive, can be seen but are not there? Here are two examples from the restaurant where we work to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

1) A few days ago, my chef was sitting at the table inside alone and the server was outside, but can see inside through the glass. As she went to go do something and came back she saw one other server sitting next to the chef. She was surprised because he hadn't been there for weeks due to the Bangkok flooding. After was finished cleaning the tables, she went inside to talk to server, she didn't see him. Figuring he went to the restroom, she asked the chef who was still sitting and doing paperwork where was the server? He looked confused? She told him she just saw the server sitting next to him - white t-shirt, funky hairstyle (common for him) and was looking down at something. The chef got freaked because no one was inside the restaurant but him!

2) A few days earlier, two staff members were sitting at the same table waiting for customers to arrive and saw one other staff member coming back to the restaurant. They both saw the staff member coming back AND the server from the first story following behind. They were surprised because it was her day off. They looked away to chat again when the staff member came in. Figuring the server decided to go around back, one of the girls got up to unlock the back door, but the server wasn't there. When they asked the staff member where was the server who was walking behind her just now, she freaked out too because she thought she came back alone.

Both servers are very much alive and in good health. How is this possible? Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. BTW, there have been sightings and noises in the restaurant, but usually during the evening or at night. Both sightings described above happened during the day. I personally have never seen anything, nor do I care to  :P  but have heard things a few times. I don't feel any negative energy and neither does the staff, but still a bit freaky.

Again thank you for reading this and look forward to whatever you've got. Take care and have a great weekend!

Toni

Maybe it was a doppelganger .
http://dictionary.re...se/doppelganger

It is sort of a forewarning of a persons arrival before they get to the destination. I had it happen to me several times with people I knew.


#3    Englishgent

Englishgent

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • Joined:24 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bangkok Thailand

  • all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

Hi Toni. You say these people are alive and well so I assume you have spoken with them since the incidents occured?  It would certainly be unusual to see two different members of staff appearing as ghosts. Could it possibly be the person (who saw them) just thinking he/she saw them due to the fact that they have not been in the restaurant for while and is maybe missing them?  Maybe worrying about them due to the floods here in Bangkok  has made them more sensitive.  Other than that I cannot explain why this occured.  :)
And you too have a great (long) weekend. Its the King's B.day on Monday so public hols :)


#4    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,106 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Homeland

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

I've never heard of or experienced anything like this myself, but according to some interpretations of quantum mechanics, our universe may be split into multiple copies of itself that exist in different time lines.

In other words, perhaps the person who was/wasn't there exists in a slightly different version of our universe, and in that universe was sitting next to the chef. These split-off universes exist unseen in their own set of dimensions, but perhaps for a moment one of these converged with ours and that is why that person appeared  momentarily.

The Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

Quote

Many-worlds implies that all possible alternative histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). It is also referred to as Many Worlds Interpretation
http://en.wikipedia...._interpretation

Edited by StarMountainKid, 03 December 2011 - 05:48 AM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#5    heretofore

heretofore

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The hinterlands

  • ...And echoes list to silence now where gods told lies of old

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

View Postminera, on 03 December 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Maybe it was a doppelganger .
http://dictionary.re...se/doppelganger

It is sort of a forewarning of a persons arrival before they get to the destination. I had it happen to me several times with people I knew.

My mother has seen doppelgangers  on several occasions. I have only heard the arrival of people before they actually came - called a vardogyr.

Sometimes these visions are harmless, just a psychic projection of sorts. But some cultures consider it a sign that the spirit is trying to leave the body - i.e. astral projection.

Still others believe that a missing/disunited part of the person's spirit is trying to reconnect itself - i.e. "soul retrieval".

Finally, there is the old teutonic belief that these incidents are actually malevolent and jealous ghosts looking to attempt a hostile takeover - i.e. possession. This phenomenon has been written about by several authors using terms like "walk-ins". Occasionally the same motives are ascribed to aliens, and some are considered to be "good".

The fact that it has been witnessed on two occasions, seeing different people,  and by more than one person makes me think it is more likely spirits than astral projection or a soul retrieval issue. Still, it does not sound harmful freom what you write.


#6    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,795 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

On another forum we talking about NDE`s, a man said he had died and went to the other side, he said his wife that was still alive was there.Could it be we are all really there the dead and  the alive in astal bodies in our sleep and can travel anywhere, but our minds are not aware of it on awaking.


#7    BKKToni

BKKToni

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

View Postminera, on 03 December 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Maybe it was a doppelganger .
http://dictionary.re...se/doppelganger

It is sort of a forewarning of a persons arrival before they get to the destination. I had it happen to me several times with people I knew.

I've heard of those from someone talking about parallel universes, but not sure. It doesn't like anything foreboding. Thank you for showing me that definition. Very helpful!


#8    BKKToni

BKKToni

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 03 December 2011 - 04:12 AM, said:

Hi Toni. You say these people are alive and well so I assume you have spoken with them since the incidents occured?  It would certainly be unusual to see two different members of staff appearing as ghosts. Could it possibly be the person (who saw them) just thinking he/she saw them due to the fact that they have not been in the restaurant for while and is maybe missing them?  Maybe worrying about them due to the floods here in Bangkok  has made them more sensitive.  Other than that I cannot explain why this occured.  :)
And you too have a great (long) weekend. Its the King's B.day on Monday so public hols :)

I've since spoken to the girl and all is well with her and the guy dealing with the flood. We'll be back Thursday. Big hugs are going to him! Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too! :)


#9    BKKToni

BKKToni

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 03 December 2011 - 05:47 AM, said:

I've never heard of or experienced anything like this myself, but according to some interpretations of quantum mechanics, our universe may be split into multiple copies of itself that exist in different time lines.

In other words, perhaps the person who was/wasn't there exists in a slightly different version of our universe, and in that universe was sitting next to the chef. These split-off universes exist unseen in their own set of dimensions, but perhaps for a moment one of these converged with ours and that is why that person appeared  momentarily.

The Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

http://en.wikipedia...._interpretation
That was the explaination I gave to them as well, but wasn't sure personally. Definitely not as scary as thinking it a ghosts. I'll check out your link that you offered. Thanks so much!


#10    BKKToni

BKKToni

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

View Postheretofore, on 03 December 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

My mother has seen doppelgangers  on several occasions. I have only heard the arrival of people before they actually came - called a vardogyr.

Sometimes these visions are harmless, just a psychic projection of sorts. But some cultures consider it a sign that the spirit is trying to leave the body - i.e. astral projection.

Still others believe that a missing/disunited part of the person's spirit is trying to reconnect itself - i.e. "soul retrieval".

Finally, there is the old teutonic belief that these incidents are actually malevolent and jealous ghosts looking to attempt a hostile takeover - i.e. possession. This phenomenon has been written about by several authors using terms like "walk-ins". Occasionally the same motives are ascribed to aliens, and some are considered to be "good".

The fact that it has been witnessed on two occasions, seeing different people,  and by more than one person makes me think it is more likely spirits than astral projection or a soul retrieval issue. Still, it does not sound harmful freom what you write.


I think it will be ok. It doesn't negative at all, I'm just very curious about this. Now I wonder if spirits can take on the appearance of people we know. What would be the purpose - to create awareness of their presence or a type of communication? Not sure, but just going with the flow. How did your mother react to seeing them?


#11    BKKToni

BKKToni

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 03 December 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

On another forum we talking about NDE`s, a man said he had died and went to the other side, he said his wife that was still alive was there.Could it be we are all really there the dead and  the alive in astal bodies in our sleep and can travel anywhere, but our minds are not aware of it on awaking.

I've heard about NDEs and watched a mini movie about it. Very fascinating indeed!


#12    BKKToni

BKKToni

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

View Postminera, on 03 December 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Maybe it was a doppelganger .
http://dictionary.re...se/doppelganger

It is sort of a forewarning of a persons arrival before they get to the destination. I had it happen to me several times with people I knew.

Really? What happened in your experience? Anything like what the staff here saw?


#13    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:pdx

  • We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 03 December 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

On another forum we talking about NDE`s, a man said he had died and went to the other side, he said his wife that was still alive was there.Could it be we are all really there the dead and  the alive in astal bodies in our sleep and can travel anywhere, but our minds are not aware of it on awaking.
you just blew my mind, man. that makes total sense :tu: i mean, what if we are all there, and this is a dream?

Edited by gnostic-deity, 03 December 2011 - 07:42 PM.

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#14    fftlgurl90

fftlgurl90

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2013

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

okay so  twice i have experienced seeing people that are alive but not with me. the first time i was in my bathroom looking in the mirror,  and in the mirror i can see my sons full length mirrored closet doors. i could see my 1year old sons reflection in his closet doors. i called out to my sons fatherand asked ifour son was with him him in the living room. he said yes he is. when i looked into back into the mirror and saw no one was in my sons room. a few weeks later the exact same thing happened again.early this morning around 2:30am my mother was spending the night and was laying on my couch and seen me walk out of my room and into the kitchen. she thought i was getting a drink  and after a minute didnt hear anything coming from the kitchen.  she said i didnt look at her but was walking slowly staring off into space. she went to the kitchen and i was not there. she came to my room and asked me ai had went into the kitchen. i toldnher no i hadnt left my roobetween the both of our expieriences we both had a bad feeling when seeing what we saw. i have had other strange things happening to me over. the years.  it was very freaky and i dont know why it is happening. can anyone explain why this is happening  and what it is?


#15    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

    Secret Jesus

  • Member
  • 2,454 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Not exactly a spooky story, but twice I've been reported as being seen somewhere where I definitely wasn't.

A friend of mine once got quite annoyed with me because I ignored her.  She was buying coffee in a café and I was her server and I totally ignored her and didn't acknowledge her and even when she said hello to me and called me by name I just stared at her and walked away.  She thought I was embarrassed to be seen with her.  Turns out I didn't work in that café, but I was a student at the college where it was.  She assumed when she "me" serving that I was working there to earn money for college and thought I was making excuses for my behaviour when I told her I didn't work there.

A similar thing happened when someone saw me working the cash register at a fancy dress / party accessories shop that I'd never even been in before in my life.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users