Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

The Fourth Kind Coincidence

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Note: possible movie spoiler if you read on...

Ok, so, here's a bizarre coincidence for everyone. My girlfriend at the time (over a year ago) and I both sat home and watched the movie with Milla Jovovitch, "The Fourth Kind". Anyway, in the movie, white owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise or whatever.

The movie finished around 10pm. A short time after, (around 10:45 pm) we hear this crazy noise outside, horns honking, police sirens, etc. So we go outside, apparently there was a car wreck near the parking lot on the adjacent street before entering the complex parking itself.

We stayed out there and rubbernecked the situation for about 20 minutes, then decided to go back in, it was a pretty minor fender bender. Anyway, we live in Florida, it was last August (very hot month). On the way back in, my ex always liked to look at the stars, or basically just look up like many people do when it's nighttime and while being outside. She noticed two of these snow owls sitting in an oak tree right near our building! No lie, I was completely shocked, and couldn't believe it, with my own eyes, we both saw the owls. 100% true story. I immediately googled "snow owls in florida" after we got back inside, and sure enough, sometimes they do manage to make their way here, so it wasn't as uncommon as I would've thought.

Was just cool to see the movie, then the real deal a few minutes later, just thought I'd share. Hope everybody gets a kick out of my personal experience, I thought it was pretty cool, somewhat weird, but interesting.   :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 05 December 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#2    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Is he hiding nuts or just plain nuts?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

That is pretty spiffy, especially since owls are awesome*.
Cool coincidence, though.. coincidences always seem to bring a momentary thrill to me.

* Owls that don't try to eat me, that is.

Edited by RedSquirrel, 05 December 2011 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#3    Alaskanangel

Alaskanangel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

That's pretty neat!  I love it when stuff like that happens :P

#4    Ookami-Rose

Ookami-Rose

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• ''Never be afraid to let the world know who you are'' ~ Anonymous

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

wow, pretty creepy, cool that you went and looked it up though :tu:

Love is love no matter who you find it in.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

#5    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

I love when that happens! Thanks for the share! :tu:

#6    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Thanks everybody, yeah, I think that's probably about the craziest paranormal thing that's happened to me. Well, if you could call it paranormal. lol  :lol:

#7    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

OH MAN! I would so not be able to sleep that night!  :alien:

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#8    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Just thought I'd follow up the owl conversation with this, in case everyone hasn't seen it yet. I'm a pretty manly guy, but even I couldn't handle the cuteness overload. lol

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 06 December 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#9    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,362 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

"White owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise": I got goosebumps when I read that! I have never heard that before, but let me tell you about something that happened to me many years ago: a friend and I were using a ouija board regularly at the time and the 'spirit' we contacted described 'himself' as a 'Martian'. One night my boyfriend was walking me home along a streetlamp-lined road when a huge white owl flew out of a tree and landed about 15' in front of us. We continued walking and the bird flew up into another tree. I was thrilled with this and I said to my BF, "wow! did you see that? wasn't it beautiful?". He replied, "what? what did you see?" ...... he hadn't seen it!!

The next time I was using the ouija board I asked the 'Martian', "was the owl you?" and he said "yes".

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#10    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

did you report them to any authorities they may have been captive/zoo animals

cool coincidence tho

@ouija ouija the 4th kind is a fictional film (portrayed as real evens)

Edited by Cynical Sounds, 09 December 2011 - 10:56 AM.

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

#11    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostCynical Sounds, on 09 December 2011 - 10:56 AM, said:

did you report them to any authorities they may have been captive/zoo animals

cool coincidence tho

@ouija ouija the 4th kind is a fictional film (portrayed as real evens)

No, we didn't report them, it was late, around 10:30 or so. Don't know if Animal Control is 24 hours. Not sure if it would've been a good idea to call AC either, aren't they kind of rough on the animals?

#12    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 08 December 2011 - 12:37 AM, said:

"White owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise": I got goosebumps when I read that! I have never heard that before, but let me tell you about something that happened to me many years ago: a friend and I were using a ouija board regularly at the time and the 'spirit' we contacted described 'himself' as a 'Martian'. One night my boyfriend was walking me home along a streetlamp-lined road when a huge white owl flew out of a tree and landed about 15' in front of us. We continued walking and the bird flew up into another tree. I was thrilled with this and I said to my BF, "wow! did you see that? wasn't it beautiful?". He replied, "what? what did you see?" ...... he hadn't seen it!!

The next time I was using the ouija board I asked the 'Martian', "was the owl you?" and he said "yes".

Heh, pretty crazy, wonder what it is with these white owls, almost like coincidence harbingers or something.  :tu:

#13    lalalalana

lalalalana

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

• :)

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

I remember when I first watched that films & my boyfriend told me that i knew too much about the aliens so they'd come for me at the time they did in the movies (sure it was something like 3:20am?). I set my alarm for that time (I'm soft when it comes to horror films) thinking that they wouldn't come cause i was awake and i heard a big bang downstairs! Nearly died, seriously. But no aliens came ha  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.

#14    lostinthecrowd

lostinthecrowd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

Yeah just like the first time I watched the ring.  The phone actually rang after it finished.  I was so scared.

#15    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

• Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 08 December 2011 - 12:37 AM, said:

The owls were just a visual metaphor in the film. The film makers chose not to depict the aliens except for a few blurred shapes and the owl.

Owls aren't aliens.

There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users