Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Fourth Kind Coincidence

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    Chinese Angel

Chinese Angel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

• hit yourself in the face, and try if you feel something!

yes its hurt! so dont use a Ouija board to try out if it hurt or not!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 05 December 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

Note: possible movie spoiler if you read on...

Ok, so, here's a bizarre coincidence for everyone. My girlfriend at the time (over a year ago) and I both sat home and watched the movie with Milla Jovovitch, "The Fourth Kind". Anyway, in the movie, white owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise or whatever.

The movie finished around 10pm. A short time after, (around 10:45 pm) we hear this crazy noise outside, horns honking, police sirens, etc. So we go outside, apparently there was a car wreck near the parking lot on the adjacent street before entering the complex parking itself.

We stayed out there and rubbernecked the situation for about 20 minutes, then decided to go back in, it was a pretty minor fender bender. Anyway, we live in Florida, it was last August (very hot month). On the way back in, my ex always liked to look at the stars, or basically just look up like many people do when it's nighttime and while being outside. She noticed two of these snow owls sitting in an oak tree right near our building! No lie, I was completely shocked, and couldn't believe it, with my own eyes, we both saw the owls. 100% true story. I immediately googled "snow owls in florida" after we got back inside, and sure enough, sometimes they do manage to make their way here, so it wasn't as uncommon as I would've thought.

Was just cool to see the movie, then the real deal a few minutes later, just thought I'd share. Hope everybody gets a kick out of my personal experience, I thought it was pretty cool, somewhat weird, but interesting.   :tu:

Coinidence or not? that wil be always the question till it happens again?

#17    Xzandius

Xzandius

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

I watched that movie and it really got to me. I am a pagan at heart and have experienced more paranormal phenomina then I care to admit. One thing that got me to really thinking after watching the movie is that it reminded me of a book I read once called "The Necronomicon" by Simon. Heard stories of how that book is the Devil but had to read it just out of curiosity. Well it went into some detail about Spirits or Entities on other planets who can manefest on earth and manipulate us as well. Kinda a cross between Aliens and Demons. (What I got from it anyway). But the part where she seemed to be possesed and it was an alien being talking through her? That gave me goosebumbs! I have been attacked by spirits before and the feeling is something I do not want to have ever again believe me! Whole things just make ya go mmmmm.[/font]

#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,166 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Even though the movie was marketed as a true story, it was complete fiction.

#19    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

View Post*Frank*, on 10 December 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

Owls aren't aliens.

Hahaha, I know that! What I do believe is that the owl I saw on the evening I spoke about(but not any other owl), was a ghost owl manifested by a spirit that described itself as a 'Martian'.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#20    Chinese Angel

Chinese Angel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

• hit yourself in the face, and try if you feel something!

yes its hurt! so dont use a Ouija board to try out if it hurt or not!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 07 January 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Hahaha, I know that! What I do believe is that the owl I saw on the evening I spoke about(but not any other owl), was a ghost owl manifested by a spirit that described itself as a 'Martian'.

your sure that it wasn't pokemon pikachuuuuuuuuuuuuu you saw?

#21    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,327 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

My daughter said she went for a walk one afternoon, and an owl followed her, flying from tree to tree, until she got back home. She thought is was cool, like the owl was watching over her.

#22    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostBeany, on 08 January 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

My daughter said she went for a walk one afternoon, and an owl followed her, flying from tree to tree, until she got back home. She thought is was cool, like the owl was watching over her.

It was probably eying her up.  :unsure2:

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#23    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Have somewhat of an update to this thread (and my OP). About a year and a half ago, the ex girlfriend I mentioned in my original post told me that a normal owl (like the wise potato chip brownish ones) swooped down and tried to carry off her Chihuahua! I had forgotten about that until a few days ago when I was watching animal planet.

Poor dog wouldn't go outside for weeks after that. lol

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 11 January 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#24    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

That movie creeped me out sooo bad! I really, really love Owl's tho.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#25    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,578 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

I am an "OWL" man, they are magnificent birds,and I have lots of small statues and figurines of them,even a 3 feet high stone one in the garden,but let me tell you a scary experience.I was riding my cycle down a country lane going to work about 5 a.m,one autumn morning,completly dark except for my cycle lights,when I heard this strange hissing sound,I thought maybe I had got a wheel puncture but all seemed ok,this went on for a
t least 5 minutes then I happened to glance upwards,and nearly "crapped" myself because just about 3 feet above my head was this huge owl keeping pace with me,his wings probbly making the hissing sound he eventually wheeled away after he/she had studied me for several minutes.Very scary but it happened twice more,and I never saw him/her after that....

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#26    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,895 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 06 December 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

Just thought I'd follow up the owl conversation with this, in case everyone hasn't seen it yet. I'm a pretty manly guy, but even I couldn't handle the cuteness overload. lol

Awww that is so gorgeous :wub: .  Owls are awesome, I loved that clip thank you Spid :tu:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#27    chromefox

chromefox

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

fair enough the film was make believe however some years when i was back in school i remember reading a book where an abductee reported such a thing with owls being in the window moments before it happening, i know for a fact this was easily at least 10 years ago and true im telling you now that report gave me the serious heebeejeebee's i wouldnt go sleep at night without the curtains drawn for a long time. very true

#28    NaturalMethod

NaturalMethod

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• Be strong to be useful.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Actually the owls in the film are not aliens at all. Nor our they symbolism. The owls are representative of alleged accounts of alien abductions, more particularly Whitley striebers, that the aliens leave behind a "screen memory" so instead of remembering the traumatic experience of alien beings taking them by force, all they remember is a barn owl staring in through the window. However the memory feels hollow as if it never happened. For more details I recommend reading communion or watching this video where budd Hopkins discusses the screen memory:

Sent from my iPhone

Be strong to be useful.

#29    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

That is simply amazing. Snow owls are beautiful creatures, and I hope you feel blessed to have been able to see them in your region. Consider this a probable once-in-a-lifetime experience. :)

#30    JewelsNewland

JewelsNewland

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• Trust me... I'm a doctor.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostBeany, on 08 January 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Thats really cool!!

Completely on a side note, this made me think of something that happened to me. BUT one night during a traumatic event of friends and drinking and fighting I found myself walking over a mile during a thunder storm back to my friends house. It was pouring down rain, the streets were dark, and the only light source I had was the lightning. Well at one point I realized I was being followed, So I turn around and a skunk was following me. (EEEK RIGHT?) So I started to run, and the damn thing sped up and ran with me, so I slowed down to accept my fate and the skunk walked up and just stood next to me and looked at me. SOOO I started walking again and it kept pace with me, right by my side, during the whole walk back to the house. I kind of felt safe because if a coyote,  or anything threatened me I felt like the skunk would protect me and spray it. The next morning my friends car which was outside the house had been sprayed by the skunk that kindly walked me home. lol!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users