Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

I need help

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    RedDusk

RedDusk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• Dance till your dead~

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

Okay my really really close friend is mentally unstable, but I am used to that. Starting about two weeks ago she has been acting strange at time always calling herself Min and Yin. She doesn't remember the times that she calls herself these names, but she says she hears their voices. From what she says Min is murderous and extremely self harming and Yin is a sexual deviant. I spoke to I am guessing Min ~she said thats what her name was~ and she said her and Yin are twin demons that want to toy with my friend and eventually destroy thier "toy" I need help I need explantation I need to protect her but I don't even know where to begin so I really really hope someone here can help me. Thank you so much in advance.

I tried to be the Lover to your Nightmare

#2    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,720 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

Um perhaps some medical assistance wouldn't be a bad idea.

#3    George Ford

George Ford

Shadow Slayer

• 2,769 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Sounds like she might be suffering from schizophrenia, chances are that if she believes she can 'be someone else' then she will take no responsibility for her actions and she will eventually murder your other friend so warn your friend and get your friend to go to the doctors.

Also watch your own back.

Good luck.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#4    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

View PostRedDusk, on 06 December 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

Okay my really really close friend is mentally unstable, but I am used to that. Starting about two weeks ago she has been acting strange at time always calling herself Min and Yin. She doesn't remember the times that she calls herself these names, but she says she hears their voices. From what she says Min is murderous and extremely self harming and Yin is a sexual deviant. I spoke to I am guessing Min ~she said thats what her name was~ and she said her and Yin are twin demons that want to toy with my friend and eventually destroy thier "toy" I need help I need explantation I need to protect her but I don't even know where to begin so I really really hope someone here can help me. Thank you so much in advance.

This enigma is one of two things. One is that she needs to speak with her physician and two--a cry for attention. I see a lot of this in my field by young people.

Robbie James

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,845 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Medical assistance... Tell people that care about your friend, it is possible for the murderous personality to kill the others. Then it us tough to get your friend back. I also second the cry for help. Sometimes young people say things line this to get attention to their problems.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#6    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

View PostRedDusk, on 06 December 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

Okay my really really close friend is mentally unstable

No point in typing anything past this. Call a doctor.

Edited by Moonie2012, 06 December 2011 - 10:35 PM.

#7    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder are two different things.  Many psychotic disorders come with hearing voices.  MPD is disputed among the psychiatry field.  I do think your friend does need to get psychiatric help soon.  There should be no stigmas attached as she/he has done nothing wrong and it is no different than if she/he were diabetic and needed treatment.  Please encourage your friend to seek medical attention ASAP.

#8    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

I think you need to help your friend as best you can.
Talk to any family members/ friends who she trusts.
The closer the family member, or person your friend trusts, the better the chance of getting her to see a doctor willingly.
Hope you can persuade her to seek the help she needs.
Good luck

#9    _Only

_Only

• 6,508 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

Not at all giving this as advice, but I think Freud would probably say that Min and Yin are manifestations of dark thoughts floating around her head that she wants to detach from. Not saying that she would be a murderer and sexual deviant. Just for whatever reason, she has those negative thoughts and shoved them down, seperating from them.

Just find that concept interesting. But I really wouldn't know.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#10    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 07 December 2011 - 06:14 AM, said:

Not at all giving this as advice, but I think Freud would probably say that Min and Yin are manifestations of dark thoughts floating around her head that she wants to detach from. Not saying that she would be a murderer and sexual deviant. Just for whatever reason, she has those negative thoughts and shoved them down, seperating from them.

Just find that concept interesting. But I really wouldn't know.

I prefer Jung.   :P

#11    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

She hasnít been reading Vampire Diaryís has she?  Sorry but it reminded me of the twin demon foxes Shinichi and Misao who control one character through a kind of mind control which he doesnít remember after and their aim is to take all his memories and destroy him!

But seriously, I am not a total sceptic when it comes to demons and things like that, Iím kind of on the fence.  But it definitely sound like your friend needs to seek some medical help.  Does she have a family who will support her too?  As much as you can try I am sure you will not be able to give her 24/7 support.

#12    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 08 December 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

I prefer Jung.   :P

Is Jung the one who reckoned almost everything was to do with your parents and mainly your mother??
Or was that Freud :o

#13    _Only

_Only

• 6,508 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

View Postnyuk, on 09 December 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

Is Jung the one who reckoned almost everything was to do with your parents and mainly your mother??
Or was that Freud :o

That was Freud, lol. Not many people like his work...

#14    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

I would dump her as a friend and pursue healthy friendships with others. Whether she has demons in her or is mentally ill, either way there is absolutely nothing that you are qualified to do about it. She will just bring you down. Let her go. Somewhere out there is a quality peer group that will build your self-esteem and self-confidence. Do not hold yourself down and feel as though you need to play the protector role, especially when it is ultimately to your own detriment.

That is my best advice.

Btw, Freud's theories really have no substantial basis in fact and are just as unfalsifiable as little green men or demons. Just ask Joseph Breuer. Not sure why pop culture seems intent on clinging to those archaic and largely presumptuous ideas.

Edited by Mike G, 09 December 2011 - 07:32 PM.

Posted Image

#15    _Only

_Only

• 6,508 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

View PostMike G, on 09 December 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

Btw, Freud's theories really have no substantial basis in fact and are just as unfalsifiable as little green men or demons. Just ask Joseph Breuer. Not sure why pop culture seems intent on clinging to those archaic and largely presumptuous ideas.

Yes, pushing things deep down and detaching psychologically from things that traumatize you has never ever existed... that kook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users