Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Retinal Scan ID and Dirt Floors.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

View Postlightly, on 07 December 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

. . .   I wonder who will get the contract for the scanners ¿?¿?$¿°

And the winner is......Smartmatic systems with a bid of  299 000 000 476 000 100   pesos.

Checking into these guys doesn´t instill any confidence on my end. They were investigated for 12,000,000US$ in tax evasion and there seemed to be some irreularities with their voting machines used in the Venezuelan election.

There is also controversy over the awarding of the contract as the average of all the tenders was 268 000 000 566 000 112 pesos. By law, any bid more than 10% over the average of all the bids must be automatically rejected and their bid did exceed this (albeit slightly).

Sources: http://eleconomista....tigo-smartmatic

http://www.puntomedi...anomalias-2710/

I also found this on youtube which states:
"Biometrics on the move allows confident identification and verification of people in motion via digital video footage, not requiring a cooperative facial picture".  

:( :no:

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,196 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

Thanks jugoso, interesting, ..    looks like they have offices in eight or nine countries...    i $uspect they would be influential enough to lobby for the bills..  to create the markets for their products.  

They market voting machines.. biometric scanners .. and transportation systems.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

Seems like a mixup of priorities. Personally I would prefer to take the millions invested in equipment to scan the iris and sell it in order to be able to afford some flooring. Kinda creepy to me...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#19    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Eternal Seeker

• 3,832 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

View PostHilander, on 08 December 2011 - 12:26 AM, said:

I wouldn't like it. Give them an inch and they will take a yard, way it usually goes isn't it.
Agreed.

This even makes me paranoid, but I don't have kids, so oh well.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#20    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,608 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Just read an article today in the paper stating that less than 50% of parents have given consent for the new iris scan ID cards.
It suggests it is due to ignorance on behalf of the parents and lack of knowledge about the program on behalf of the educators. What a joke! They tried to fly this one in under the radar. The first I heard of it was in a little note in my daughter´s homework book saying they were coming in three days to do it. Called the school and they also knew nothing about it. The whole progran has moved at lightening speed for Mexico with very little press. An information session was demanded by parents and school. They sent two people from RENAPO. Neither knew anything about the program. It was really quite sad and a total waste of time. The guy didn´t even bother to mention it was "voluntary" until I asked him straight up. Needless to say, I didn´t sign the form.
The crappy thing is although currently a "voluntary" program, they are making the card mandatory to access other types of services (e.g. passport)

And they aren´t stopping at the children. Hacienda ( Tax Department) is making the ID card compulsory for all business owners in order to do their taxes. Unless they are planning on making tax payment "voluntary" also, there really isn´t any way around it.

I guess I´ll just need to accept that this will become the standard for Identification of ALL people.

According to the website of the National Population Register, the identity card prevents identity theft of minors, providing access to health services, education, recreational and cultural presentation by reducing the number of documents and allows you to quickly know who are parents or guardians of a minor.

http://www.renapo.go...swb/RENAPO/cedi

I´m sorry but I just don´t trust it. It goes on furhter to say:

the information obtained will be protected in the database of the National Personal Identification

Trust that even less!!

Anyway, just thought I´d keep those interested updated. There is little doubt in my mind this program will start to move North (and South) and movement and access to programs will be restricted if you don´t have the card.

http://thelastgringo...ds-coming-soon/

Todays article:
http://www.debate.co...7904&IdCat=6097

Related articles:

http://www.telegraph...n-ID-cards.html

http://it.slashdot.o...ldren-in-mexico

G.Clinton

#21    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

View Postjugoso, on 07 December 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

Just found out that the government is coming to my daughters school to take fingerprints and her retinal scan for the new ID card. Considering many of the shcools in the outer areas of the city often have dirt floors, cardboard walls and lack even some of the most basic resources, the whole thin just seems kinda weird to me. It may just be the retinal eye scan thing, but it still makes me uncomfortable. It is optional at this point but I can foresee tat changing soon. My wife (who is Mexican) doesn´t have any problem with it but I am more leery about the whole thing. Am I just being paranoid?

This has benefits.

If the kid knows its fingerprints and retina scan are on file then from a psychological point of view it will put them off committing crimes should they feel the urge too when they are older.

#22    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,608 posts

G.Clinton

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 26 April 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

This has benefits.

If the kid knows its fingerprints and retina scan are on file then from a psychological point of view it will put them off committing crimes should they feel the urge too when they are older.
I´m truly hoping that tyhat won´t be the reason that my daughter chooses to not commit any "crimes". By the time she is age of majority, I wonder how the definition of "crimes" may have expanded.  :hmm:

G.Clinton

#23    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

View Postjugoso, on 26 April 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

I´m truly hoping that tyhat won´t be the reason that my daughter chooses to not commit any "crimes". By the time she is age of majority, I wonder how the definition of "crimes" may have expanded.  :hmm:

Then its not needed for yours.

It would benefit others though. Maybe it should be compulsary for people brought up in families where one of the parents has a criminal record. It would help keep them on the straight and narrow.

#24    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,608 posts

G.Clinton

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 26 April 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Then its not needed for yours.

It would benefit others though. Maybe it should be compulsary for people brought up in families where one of the parents has a criminal record. It would help keep them on the straight and narrow.

I´m not sure if you´re familiar with deterrence theory but it runs counter to your suggestion.

It´s already being done to prisoners here and has also effected the amount of bail set for Americans arrested at Occupy Wall Street.

But protesters and their legal advisers were surprised yesterday to learn that the size of their bail was being affected by whether defendants were willing to have the distinctive patterns of their irises photographed and logged into a database.

http://blogs.village...ccupy_arres.php

G.Clinton

#25    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postjugoso, on 26 April 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

I´m not sure if you´re familiar with deterrence theory but it runs counter to your suggestion.

It´s already being done to prisoners here and has also effected the amount of bail set for Americans arrested at Occupy Wall Street.

But protesters and their legal advisers were surprised yesterday to learn that the size of their bail was being affected by whether defendants were willing to have the distinctive patterns of their irises photographed and logged into a database.

http://blogs.village...ccupy_arres.php

I know this is controverial but I think the entire human race should be chipped. The chip should have a GPS tracker on it and be capable of transmitting the persons speech.

The legal system could be setup so it requires a court order to access the chips data. Then the police can trace the people near the location of crimes, terrorist acts etc at the times they happened.

End of crime, end of terrorism. If we did it to everybody in Afganistan/Pakistan the war would be over in a month.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 26 April 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#26    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,608 posts

G.Clinton

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 26 April 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

I know this is controverial but I think the entire human race should be chipped. The chip should have a GPS tracker on it and be capable of transmitting the persons speech.

The legal system could be setup so it requires a court order to access the chips data. Then the police can trace the people near the location of crimes, terrorist acts etc at the times they happened.

End of crime, end of terrorism. If we did it to everybody in Afganistan/Pakistan the war would be over in a month.
You really chose your name wisely. :wacko:

G.Clinton

#27    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postjugoso, on 26 April 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

You really chose your name wisely. :wacko:

Haha Mr Right Wing proposes an Authoritarian response to crime.

I'm right wing on economic issues and most personal freedoms but not when it comes to crime. Checks and measures can be put in place to stop it being abused.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 26 April 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#28    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,297 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Postrashore, on 07 December 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Weird.. I can understand fingerprint and photo of kids, but iris image seems like overkill.
????? Finger printing children doesn't seem like overkill to you?

#29    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,007 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 26 April 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

You know, MRW, not every problem on earth is black and white.  Your answers for some problems are worse than the problems themselves.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users