Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Human becoming Shapechangers

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Recently I read that evolution is actually accelerating, speeding up to 100 times historical levels after agriculture spread.
If that is true what is the reason of it,..., diet?
And will that acceleration end or we will become one day like mythological and science fictional biengs called Shapechangers.

Edited by Melo, 11 December 2011 - 01:53 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,564 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

No, I think its the opposite.
A big part of evolution is the selection process, however humans can change the enviroment and use technology to treat those who would normally die without medical intervention.

Edited by Rlyeh, 11 December 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#3    ThisiswhatIthink

ThisiswhatIthink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

Science and medicine is so advanced that any mutation (evolution) would be regarded as a deformation and be treated like so. We are at our final evolutionary state.

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

Does anyone knows work of dr. Duane Gish? He claim that fossils say No to evoulution.

Also he spoke about jumping evolution. That in theory of evoulution we have huge jumps.
That is contradict with evoulution or isnt?

If I understand evoulution and creation of the world
Molecules evolve to Cell, cells to algae and amoeba, then to polips like starfish, then to fish then to Amphibans like turtles then dinosaurs (who lived 160 millions years on planet?) then mammals, then birds, then apes...

Where it cames Cambrian explosion and what cause it?

And more thing.
We need plants for living because they produce oxygen. Before plants even exists there was no oxygen on earth?
All oxygen was created by plants?

View PostThisiswhatIthink, on 11 December 2011 - 04:06 PM, said:

We are at our final evolutionary state.
How do we know that?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#5    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 December 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

No, I think its the opposite.
A big part of evolution is the selection process, however humans can change the enviroment and use technology to treat those who would normally die without medical intervention.
So you think that now we change enviroment not opposite? But again that changed enviroment also must change us.
For example Im sure that things like internet in the end would change us.

#6    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,564 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostMelo, on 11 December 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

Does anyone knows work of dr. Duane Gish? He claim that fossils say No to evoulution.
He also claims the Biblical creation myth is historical fact, and uses the Paluxy River tracks as evidence.
Gish is a fool.

#7    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 December 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

He also claims the Biblical creation myth is historical fact, and uses the Paluxy River tracks as evidence.
Gish is a fool.
What do you say about evoultion jumps?

What cause explosion of life? (Cambrian explosion)

We need plants for living because they produce oxygen. Before plants even exists there was no oxygen on earth?
Is all oxygen created by plants?

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,296 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

View PostThisiswhatIthink, on 11 December 2011 - 04:06 PM, said:

Science and medicine is so advanced that any mutation (evolution) would be regarded as a deformation and be treated like so. We are at our final evolutionary state.
Not exactly, I seem to recall reading somewhere that green eyes and red hair is being "bred out" of the genepool because they're recessive traits. That's a form of evolution, unnecessary traits being lost. Also, more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth or (as in my case) those teeth don't fully erupt so don't need to be pulled (thank goodness). Again, subtle changes that accrue over the generations.

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,564 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

View PostMelo, on 11 December 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Is all oxygen created by plants?
Is there any reason you make duplicate threads asking the exact same questions?

#10    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

We don't need to evolve, we keep the disabled alive (whereas before science and medicine they would have died, and only healthy humans lived to evolve) and have technology to aid us in every way. If anything we're going to devolve and die out.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#11    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 11 December 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

Not exactly, I seem to recall reading somewhere that green eyes and red hair is being "bred out" of the genepool because they're recessive traits. That's a form of evolution, unnecessary traits being lost. Also, more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth or (as in my case) those teeth don't fully erupt so don't need to be pulled (thank goodness). Again, subtle changes that accrue over the generations.

Damn, now I know why some (women) call me a Neanderthal: I have all my 4 wisdom teeth, and they function like normal regular sized molars.

#12    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Both my parents have had their wisdom teeth pulled out, myself my two top ones popped out about five years ago and have had no problems with them and no sight of my bottom ones.

Ive also noticed living in Australia that some people who have parents from the UK (or another cold place) with fairer skin tend to have kids with more tanned skin. The parents get sunburnt and those traits get passed on to the children so they are born with skin that can handle sun rays.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#13    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,175 posts

• Question everything

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostMelo, on 11 December 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

Recently I read that evolution is actually accelerating, speeding up to 100 times historical levels after agriculture spread.
If that is true what is the reason of it,..., diet?
And will that acceleration end or we will become one day like mythological and science fictional biengs called Shapechangers.
It's true! Why just this morning I was walking down the street when I turned into the post office.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#14    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostDKO, on 17 April 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Ive also noticed living in Australia that some people who have parents from the UK (or another cold place) with fairer skin tend to have kids with more tanned skin. The parents get sunburnt and those traits get passed on to the children so they are born with skin that can handle sun rays.

No, evolution does not work like that. Thats like saying if I cut off my left hand that my children would be born without a left hand, it does not work like that.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#15    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,907 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostMelo, on 11 December 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

In brief;

By jumps in evolution I will assume you are referencing to punctuated equilibrium as a proponent of gradualism. The reality is probably closer to the middle between these two that favoring one of the other.

As for the Cambrian explosion, before this most life was comprised of single or multicellular organisms living in colonies. Once it began to diversify (I imagine due to environmental changes. I do not study this area so I could not tell you) you have many more phyla to leave fossils. Not to mention that fossilization is be no means an easy process.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users