Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jellyfish invasion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,934 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

Jellyfish invasion
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 03:01s

Jellyfish are producing at alarming rates around the world and humans may have something to do with it.

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,669 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

We used to find them on the beach sometimes, left behind from the tide. I've never been stung by one but I don't think the kind we have in this country are as bad.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,943 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Can't watch it at work, but from the title, this sounds like the show I saw a few months ago on Animal Planet. It was talking about a jellyfish invasion. I started a thread about it, but couldn't find it. I've never seen a jellyfish up close and don't want to.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users