Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Billy Meier

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

To me, Billy will always represent the lowest denominator who somehow gained a world wide fan base of UFO fanatics. There is so much obviously wrong with his tales and his movies and photographs make my eyes roll painfully, yet people still choose to believe he's the real deal. Even Ed Walters was able to hoax more believable photos and stories.

#77    Romanoff

Romanoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Here we are, then...

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postscowl, on 17 January 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

To me, Billy will always represent the lowest denominator who somehow gained a world wide fan base of UFO fanatics. There is so much obviously wrong with his tales and his movies and photographs make my eyes roll painfully, yet people still choose to believe he's the real deal. Even Ed Walters was able to hoax more believable photos and stories.

I share your view, Scowl.
To Hazzard, i can only say, take your time, if it is worth it.

#78    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

I finally came around to look into these threads and who this Billy Meier is. (I always thought TV-shop for some reason) And it was a good laugh! Especially if you checked Wikipedia. "Meier reports regular contact with extraterrestrials he calls the Plejaren (aliens from beyond the Pleiades) describing them as humanoid Nordic aliens." And "Nordic Aliens" - "Nordics are typically described as six to seven feet tall with long blond hair and blue eyes, and are commonly reported as being male.[1] Their skin is said to range from fair colored to tanned"

My schools must have been full of them! Billy really needs to get out more.

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#79    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Billy Meier is without a doubt one of the money chasers in the UFO field ! He`s mostlikely got his name on a star already,and is trying to raise the money to get a ride on Virgin Galatic ! maybe he will do all of this in our life time ?
One thing is a fact anyone can spread anything into our world wide web of tales !

This is a Work in Progress!

#80    Romanoff

Romanoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Here we are, then...

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I came across the following at the ATS: http://www.abovetops...hread775502/pg1
"Do you remember the famous Plejaren alphabet of meier? http://www.flickr.co...jon/7319926614/
Well, it appeared that it is very much earthbound: http://www.omniglot....ng/malachim.htm
Quote: "The Malachim alphabet is derived from the Hebrew and Greek alphabets. It was created by Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa during the 16th Century and is still used by Freemasons to a limited extent. This version is from Bartolozzi's Biblioteca Magna Rabbinica, 1675."

This alphabet is used as well in Kabbalah: http://www.kabalatal....com/Talismans/

This hoax is so shameless, so outrageous!"

I think that the moral of this sad story is that, sooner or later,  truth catches up with liars, especially in this digital world, in the age of internet.

Namaste.

#81    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Last I heard the believers are dropping Billy Meier like a hot potato - Some even goes further than that (trying to save face I guess) claiming him to be some sort of disinformation agent.

:w00t:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#82    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostHazzard, on 21 October 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Last I heard the believers are dropping Billy Meier like a hot potato - Some even goes further than that (trying to save face I guess) claiming him to be some sort of disinformation agent.

Don't these things come in waves? The "ancient astronaut" business was hot stuff in the 70's and some people got rich off of it. Books, movies, TV specials, talk show appearances and everything. Then buzz-kill scientists appeared in PBS specials and explained all the evidence causing the whole scam to go down the crapper. The players weren't popular, their books stopped selling and they had to sell off their yachts and their beach houses. We all felt stupid for falling for it. It was only a matter of time before everyone forgot how silly it was then new players picked up the scam with the same flawed evidence that had already been explained decades before.

I'm sure this will happen with Meier too. Some clever people will edit his history to make him a UFO pioneer.

#83    Romanoff

Romanoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Here we are, then...

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

"I'm sure this will happen with Meier too. Some clever people will edit his history to make him a UFO pioneer.": it would be a shame, Scowl.

It is long overdue, Hazzard!
By the way, here is an example of a scientist, an astronomer, who took the time to look into and literally deconstruct one specific claim of Billy Meier, 'the Apophis prophecy':
http://pseudoastro.w...ophis-prophecy/

The subsequent discussion reveals also a lot about the modus operandi of Meier, namely the use of contemporary publications and encyclopediae, as 'Chronicle of World History' (in German 'Chronik der Weltgeschichte': http://www.weltchronik.de/), to make retrodictions; plagiarism of esoteric, occult symbols and ancient texts, especially apocrypha...
A long list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users