Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Satanic cult abuse or false memories?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,164 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

The mysterious death of a nurse brings to light an often overlooked problem: implanted memories.

Guardian Unlimited said:

At 9. 02am Richard Felstead answered the phone; by 9. 03am he was breathless with crying. It was the coroner's assistant in Battersea with the news that his sister, Carole, had died two weeks earlier. "I'm sorry it's taken so long to notify you," she said. "Carole's next of kin told us there was no family. But a letter was found from you. "

Posted Image Read more...

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Not really "false memories". Just schizophrenic delusions by inept people. False memories do occur especially in kids.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Sad story. But, I doubt she was Satanically abused, and it probably was Schizophrenia.

#4    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

You should read my post about external influences. It basically explains the whole deal. Including so called "schizophrenia".

Here it is:
http://www.unexplain...l=&fromsearch=1

-EA

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

#5    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostNikkiAidyn, on 14 December 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:

Sad story. But, I doubt she was Satanically abused, and it probably was Schizophrenia.
I agree.  It's a pity she didn't get the proper help she needed instead of the malicious and inept abuse she received.  She may be alive today had it not been for that.

#6    dookiestackhouse

dookiestackhouse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

Some therapists have even basically suggested this to people, sort of "implanting" the idea in their head that it happened. I guess they have their own axe to grind.

#7    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

I understand that sometimes, some people do have horrible things happen that they repress or block out, and those memories only come to light through therapy. In those instances, it can be healthy to remember and overcome those memories.

That said, what a shocking case. Personally I don't think it's a case of repression, but rather a case of either brainwashing or mental illness. From the way the article plays, probably a combination of both.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#8    Anon E. Mouse

Anon E. Mouse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• OLE!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

Holy snap. That story should be turned into a freaking movie.

"I'm not superstitious...But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little stitious."
-Michael Scott

#9    Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

It'd be pretty sad if the Satanic abuse actually happened and no one believes her.

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

wasnt an episode of Dexter about a shrink planting suggestions to women to kill themselves...
yeaahhhh,and when Dexter outs himself,poor shrink is body parts in bags ..
whhuuurrrr~~~ :wub:

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users