Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Looking for an image of a small creature

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

The photo I'm looking for is around Victorian times maybe a bit more modern though.

From what I remember (bit hazy) it is a shot of a road or path in a park maybe. With trees at each side. There is a horse maybe in the picture and a well dressed gentleman. In the back ground waling from right to left is a small little creature. It's blurry and you can't quiet work out what it is or if its just a piece of paper blowing about or something. I think the photo is sepia in colour.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#2    Carnivorous Entity

Carnivorous Entity

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

• The year is 2027...

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

View Postbulveye, on 19 December 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

The photo I'm looking for is around Victorian times maybe a bit more modern though.

From what I remember (bit hazy) it is a shot of a road or path in a park maybe. With trees at each side. There is a horse maybe in the picture and a well dressed gentleman. In the back ground waling from right to left is a small little creature. It's blurry and you can't quiet work out what it is or if its just a piece of paper blowing about or something. I think the photo is sepia in colour.
Posted Image
That's not it, is it? It's obviously not from Victorian times, but I figure details in memory could get fuzzy.

Member of UM since 2005 on a lost account.

#3    George Ford

George Ford

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

View PostCarnivorous Entity, on 19 December 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

Posted Image
That's not it, is it? It's obviously not from Victorian times, but I figure details in memory could get fuzzy.
]

Thats the one!!! LOL my mind must have just made the rest of it up! Well done for finding it with my rubbish description.  :tu:

#4    George Ford

George Ford

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

What do you think it is?

(LOL just reading back through my original post.. " A well dressed gentlemen".. HAHAHAH!)

Edited by bulveye, 19 December 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#5    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,360 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

I think it has been added to the original photo. Why? because the horses don't appear to be spooked by it.

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#6    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

bulveye, it looks like your very own 'Thunderbird Photo' was found in record time!

Its a good example for me why we may never find the missing thunderbird photo or agree that it has been found.

I had a tinker in PS to see if any clarity could be shed onto the 'figure' in the image, I have removed some of the blur from the image (as much as my limited skill could achieve) and attached it to this post.

creature.jpg

This doesnt shed much new light on things, if anything it adds more questions as the 'creature' appears to have a tail. A small monkey walking upright for a second or two? ( I know the legs are long, just taking a shot in the dark)

@ouija I think the horse on the right may be spooked slightly, looks slightly of its upright position, feet moving away from the 'creature'.

But as usual not much can be proven or debunked from a single image. Could be Photoshopped, could be a trick of the light on a mundane object, could be a monkey, could be a model placed  in the scene, could be a two foot alien semi-spooking horses for fun in the park.

Could even be the missing "Well dressed gentleman" :rolleyes:

Did you have any ideas what it was form memory, are they different now you have seen the image again?

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#7    Carnivorous Entity

Carnivorous Entity

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

• The year is 2027...

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

No problem, mate. We had a very comprehensive thread on it a couple years back, maybe less then that but eh. Was when I had my old account still. I think it was generally concluded to be a dog photographed at an odd angle.

Edited by Carnivorous Entity, 20 December 2011 - 02:24 AM.

Member of UM since 2005 on a lost account.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,346 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:44 AM

View Postbulveye, on 19 December 2011 - 10:01 PM, said:

]

Thats the one!!! LOL my mind must have just made the rest of it up! Well done for finding it with my rubbish description.  :tu:

I have seen it before, there is a thread here in crypto somewhere, it's a puppy front on. It's just badly blurred. If you look carefully, you will see three legs even in this blurry depiction.

View PostCarnivorous Entity, on 20 December 2011 - 02:24 AM, said:

No problem, mate. We had a very comprehensive thread on it a couple years back, maybe less then that but eh. Was when I had my old account still. I think it was generally concluded to be a dog photographed at an odd angle.

:tu:

Edited by psyche101, 20 December 2011 - 04:46 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

View PostCarnivorous Entity, on 19 December 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

Posted Image
That is the first pic I thought of too.

Good work.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 December 2011 - 04:44 AM, said:

I have seen it before, there is a thread here in crypto somewhere, it's a puppy front on. It's just badly blurred. If you look carefully, you will see three legs even in this blurry depiction.
I think it might be a duck or large pigeon...  a bird anyway.

duck.JPG

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,346 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 December 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

I think it might be a duck or large pigeon...  a bird anyway.

Attachment duck.JPG

I think the photo I presented a long time ago was more convincing, however, one thing we can be agreed on is that it is a perfect example of very bad photography!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 December 2011 - 05:28 AM, said:

I think the photo I presented a long time ago was more convincing, however, one thing we can be agreed on is that it is a perfect example of very bad photography!
Another classic example of people seeing what they want to??

I've forgotten what was in that long ago thread. Maybe I'll look it up.

My "duck" was just a thought.

#13    VvROMULUSvV

VvROMULUSvV

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

It's one of those little monkeys that old time street entertainers used to have - that steal your money!

#14    George Ford

George Ford

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

I'm finding it really hard to see as a duck or puppy? Sometimes on threads with a weird looking creature, when someone points out what it is you say 'Oh, yeah. Its's obvious now!' But with this I just have no idea which part of the puppy is supposed to be what. I appreciate the duck drawing as an explanation but I'm sorry I cant see that either.

#15    Blues Girl

Blues Girl

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

• Ribbons is a stupid name for a horse

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

All I see is an attempt at adding something to an original picture that was not there. This is CLEARLY not a puppy, no matter how many angles you look at it. And it is not a bird. I think someone just added a human figure to the picture after it was taken to make it look like they caught a creature on film. This is a hoax, I'm afraid

I shall one day rule this world using only my wits, charm, and a bent paperclip!
A balanced life is a rat on each shoulder >'.'<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users