First of all i want to say don't convince yourself of anything just yet. Hopefully this comes out in a way which makes sense and if not, please do say so as this can get complex and quite long.
It is not uncommon to project and perceive your everyday surroundings as a slightly distorted version of what you 'know' as being structured in 3d reality - 3d is what we call the physical plane.
One of the greatest eye openers for me was learning how things structurally exist and 'share space' in other dimensions. We may assume and expect that once we are comfortable with accepting 'multi dimensions' that everything is an exact replica, rigidly stamped upon every dimensional layer and space between, but it is not the case. When we experience distortion of our surroundings, is a sign of a couple of things.
1. External reasons:-
- Dimensional layers overlapping in that particular spot. Everything energetically speaking is always vibrating, layers do shift around and dimensions are not all on the same level or 'quality' - lower/higher. When i am aware of this happening I call it criss crossing. It's like experiencing 2 places say on earth, 2 places that in 3d have 150 miles or 6000 miles distance between them, but become criss crossed for whatever and so become aligned within the same 'space'. Meaning when you are projected or just sensitive enough you may be able to perceive this criss cross. This also ties into the subject of portals and vortexs which are naturally centred around the earth. And this also explains i feel some kinds of hauntings and ET experiences people have.
- Time. Time is a subject on it's own right for the astral projector, but sometimes overlaps and distortions are time line related and once you get your head around time as energetic flow, it can affect areas on a local level. Past, present, future, time and distance does not serve to the same rules they do in 3d. Time and distance is completely irrelevant. For instance for a period of time every time i projected and was aware of my local area I saw how an existing building which i knew inside out was now looking completely different. It was rebuilt, refurbished and extended in size. And it was not a one off to see this. It had extra rooms and floors and stairwell. A year or so later it was announced the existing building was to be extended and refurbished. And the work was carried out to completion. So, what i was seeing was how structurally it had changed energetically on the astral level before it was physically altered at another time.
2. Internal reasons:-
- Your own perceptions. Sometimes perceptions can be 'off' skewered or just not able to comprehend the reality of what is there, making things appear in away which only you can interpret and if there is not a sufficient true way to interpret (lack of experience) then what i call your "nonsense filter" is triggered to fill in the gaps. This being your ego and where belief systems/societal programming is attached. Not to go off topic but this is why you will come across the good advice time and time again of working through your issues, fear issues and putting ego aside. The more you can shed and empty of your "nonsense filter" the less influence it has on you and the less influence other things can have on you. What you see is relative to what you understand and this grows as you develop and experience more. It is why the same entity may appear to one person as a demon but to someone with no nonsense filter influencing, they simply see another being and will have a clearer picture of the beings intentions.
- Level of consciousness. It would be wrong to ignore this part at this stage but won't be something you have to worry about at the moment. I wrote briefly in my second post about this also. Just like with the concept of mulit dimensions, ie astral levels/realms, we our selves are multi dimensional beings as far as our different levels of consciousness goes. We can use astral projection to explore the higher aspects of our consciousness and true being - "higher self" - to me that is the true goal of astral projection.
- However our ego consciousness and what seeker describes as our 'animal mind' can be a level of consciousness which if engaged will affect profoundly the level of astral experience.
1. your running with your most primitive set of filters and blinkers on at this level. so how you perceive your environment, entities, things will alter.
2. if this is the level of consciousness you are holding and energetically being (most people are in ego-consciousness constantly in their day to day being and never shift) then your astral experiences will reflect this. Again this is why the good advice of dealing with any major emotional issues is well heeded.
Anyway back to the next point:-
Mental projection still counts as astral projection. Projection is projection whether one is awake or in a sleep state. Conscious projection is projection with the intention to consciously project in real time, again either mentally or full body. Mental projection is less work, takes less energy and allows one to project while awake/multi tasking etc. Just something to consider.
Thanks so much for your inputs... I kinda get what you`re saying ....This pinned post definately has helped me quite a bit and my understanding of the subject is growing...
Will post again when i experience something new.. Tried again last night after what happened in the afternoon... But I guess i was too drained to be sufficiently energised to project...