Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 11 votes

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

• Please log in to reply
1248 replies to this topic

#46    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yes Astral Projection and dreams can happen spontaneously. This is why I feel it helps people a lot to start a dream journal.

1. it improves recall rate and helps to train your perspective to be come the observer/recorder, rather than just aimlessly lingering around.
2. There is going to be a percentage of dreams which may well fit into the astral category and it trains you to learn to recognise which dreams are astral and which are not when all you have is memory and recall to go on. Because for the same reason above, astral projection can happen when you are already out for the count in a sleep cycle.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#47    Burning

Burning

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

I would only be interested in "commanding" an entity say if it were attacking me, instead of physically attacking it back i could simply command the entity to stop and explain why it was attacking me, so on.. I view everything as a learning experience, not trying to be the new bully on the block, just more of a martial arts perspective.For myself i have had shamanic type experience with say animal spirits but I've also had experiences with entities to where I've only discovered similar encounters through religious Gnostic texts.. so i try to keep an open ego-less point of view as possible.

I've read in Gnostic text of encountering similar entities that they call Archons (that's the only reason why i give the entity i encounter that name?
According to them "To Gnostics, the lion-headed serpent crowned with solar rays was not only the image of the Lord Archon, but also of the source of spiritual power that allows human beings to resist that entity. Gnostics taught that nous, the spiritual intelligence endowed in humanity, could be blocked by the Archons. This occurs through Archontic intrusion affected by a kind of subliminal invasion at the level of thought and language (i.e., mental syntax)"  

Sorry for the brief response.. something just came up. I've had experiences with being touched that i'll elaborate more on later. Thanks for the good advice everyone!

#48    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,313 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Many "gods" of myth and legends are probably entities like this. For whatever reason an entity associated with the pleiadies star cluster took an intrest in me. It's the one that gave me something. The Navajo know it as Haashchʼééshzhiní--- the black faced god. Black representing the universe ( the background space). When I first noticed it's presence I asked "what is that" then I herd a loud voice say " I am the light". Then there was this forming of massive light rays in the star cluster that formed what looked like a large letter "C". It fell toword earth then there was a loud thunderous sound and the shaped added a line across the center to make sort of a rounded "E".

I struggled for a long time with meaning. My deer guide told me to wait and digest it. Higher dimentional beigns communicate in very high contextual information. One word or image is cached full of information. For them it's like trying to get a Message across to a dog or cat or even an insect.

I struggled with it for a long time. Then one day trying to find some piece of information on the black faced god, I realized that it is a fire god. It literally ment "I am the light" it wasnt metaphorical.

Not long after I was messing around out of body trying to land on the moon, when my attention was turned back to the star cluster. All the stars turned red And combined into a single red star. It then floated down landed on my hand and went inside me. I spent the better Part of the night calling it forth and controlling it. Still don't know what it's for entirely. It seems to sort of a universal tool.

Recently in deep meditation I was hit with the meaning of the symbol and why it was falling to earth. It represents phi... And indeed the entire event was an incredible amount of information relating to creation, mathematics, divine proportion.

Amazing. Im still awed by it all, and i feel extremely blessed have been given a glimpse at how creation happened.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#49    Ajay R

Ajay R

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hey!!
Happy new year to everyone....
Wanted to know the views of people who astral ptoject regarding the Akashic records... Have you been able to tap into it??

#50    QueenyQueen457

QueenyQueen457

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

I'm not sure if I should be making a thread for asking questions.. But regardless I shall post anyway.

I have some questions that are possibly hindering my chances of astral projection.. When you lye down what position do you lye in?

I feel uncomfortable lying on my back, Ever since a child I crawl up like a baby in a womb on my side.

To check if you're body is a sleep, Do you try and move your arm to see if you are in sleep paralyse? But if you try and tell if you're paralysed, Will it automatically wake your body up?

When you've reached the level of vibration and do the technique, do you open your physical eyes or do you see in your head, Much like lucid dreaming?

Is astral travel/Projection like Lucid dreaming were vividness varies each time you do it? Or is it always like waking life vividness?

Is there a time limit on how long you're allowed in the astral realm? Just like lucid dreaming when time varies..? Or does experience dictate the time allocated?

How long does it take to leave the body from lying down and trying the technique for you? A hour ? Or less?

Thank You For Reading!

#51    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hi Horne,

I have moved your thread and merged it with our pinned Astral Projection FAQs and Techniques thread where we are compiling and dealing with the common Questions and Answers.

Thanks.

Edited by AnVil, 03 January 2012 - 10:32 PM.

*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#52    PoPsIcLeS-LaDy

PoPsIcLeS-LaDy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• "All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on." ~Henry Ellis.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

My, my ! A lot of responces to my questions !! Thank you all and sorry for not being able to view them earlier; life can be messy, and so can I.

So Spiritual weaponry does exist....I'll choose a '9mm Love Beretta' and some 'Affection bullet'. xD

I do agree with you Felix, Emotions are our Greatest weapon. Not too long ago, I had an anger fit and was surprised, minutes later, that I've broken a glass bottle thus getting me small shards in my palms. I didn't feel it at all while I was anger, however, I had to face the pain and pay the price after my emotional state became much calmer. I also think that your opinions are very good. :)

And Seeker, how can I even thank you for your help ? You have wonderful point of views and your help in this area has been very precious to me. So according to you, and a lot of people who have plently of knowleadge on this, touching a person is Possible. My question is: to what extent ? An advanced thank you since I know your answere is going to prove very useful and rich of informations to me.

Anvil, Thank you for your responce. You are one of the few people I know that can get a lot of details into a responce without making sound Boring, Seeker and Felix included too. You guys have been the most helpful to me and the most accurate. :) Thank You !

Now, for my question, which is one that intrigue me a lot and pick my Curiosity:

1)- We've all heard about spiritual guides ? Is it true you can connect with them on the Astral realm ? Do they actually feel any kind of affection toward you? And how can they connect to you? Ummm...Also, what language do they speak ?

I feel like I'm abusing with my question. Thank you in advance.

:)

#53    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

When you lye down what position do you lye in?

A. Whatever is comfortable.

To check if you're body is a sleep, Do you try and move your arm to see if you are in sleep paralyse? But if you try and tell if you're paralysed, Will it automatically wake your body up?

A. I don't use sleep paralysis to exit or always a full body projection. But others do so see what they say.

When you've reached the level of vibration and do the technique, do you open your physical eyes or do you see in your head, Much like lucid dreaming?

A. You see through your 3rd eye also known as your mental eye or sight. It helps to keep your eyes closed, but strictly speaking it is possible to see with your 3rd eye with your eyes open and awake.

Is astral travel/Projection like Lucid dreaming were vividness varies each time you do it? Or is it always like waking life vividness?

A. For me it varies. I find it relates mostly to where my level of consciousness is which btw is how lucid you are too. I experience shifts of this within the experience or projection itself. Sometimes it feels dreamy, sometimes the vividness is so heightened it is more than what we know. Extreme levels of clarity and understanding, simultaneous multi perspective view/vantage points.

Is there a time limit on how long you're allowed in the astral realm? Just like lucid dreaming when time varies..? Or does experience dictate the time allocated?

A. I don't know. I have never thought about it that way. Sure there is limitations to how long because it takes energy and that can improve with practise. As can holding awareness there. Eating right and leading a healthier lifestyle goes along way too.

How long does it take to leave the body from lying down and trying the technique for you? A hour ? Or less?

A. One thing to know is anyone no matter how experienced can experience spontaneous projection. So sometimes it doesn't take much time at all to happen.

The times i estimate are where i am now after along time of practising and making conscious use of in the things i do. Meditation, healing, mediumship.

Mental projection 30 seconds - 5 mins.
Full body projection (not in a sleep cycle)  5 mins - 1 hr or maybe not at all. Depends on varying factors and my state of being, reasons for. One thing for sure is if you have a clear purpose/reason to go, then it is almost effortless. I have experienced literally falling out of my body the moment i lay down to sleep.

Edited by AnVil, 03 January 2012 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

#54    QueenyQueen457

QueenyQueen457

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for answering AnVil!  Clears up a lot of misconceptions I have had. I heard people take one hour to project.. I felt my vibrations within 10 mins.. But I forgot what to do, So I stopped there. I was getting scared slightly like something nasty was in my room  watching me, I woke up a few hours later to find scratches on my face. :/ No explanation to why I have marks.

Maybe it will be easier for me to Astral Project since I have lucid dreamed once before?

Also, Every-time I try and imagine the rope technique my mind wonders off and I can't concentrate nor imagine it.

One quick question I forgot to ask. Do you remember the whole ordeal in real time? Or is it much like Lucid dreaming were once awake it feels like a distant memory?

Edited by Horne, 03 January 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#55    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostHorne, on 03 January 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Thanks for answering AnVil!  Clears up a lot of misconceptions I have had. I heard people take one hour to project.. I felt my vibrations within 10 mins.. But I forgot what to do, So I stopped there. I was getting scared slightly like something nasty was in my room  watching me, I woke up a few hours later to find scratches on my face. :/ No explanation to why I have marks.

If you read through the entire thread, there may be some parts which will help you understand the ominous feelings. Not sure what to say about the scratches though.

Also, Every-time I try and imagine the rope technique my mind wonders off and I can't concentrate nor imagine it.

Might not be the technique for you. The one cue i look out for is the spinning. Either the visual or sensation of spinning, which is usually more top body/head feeling than 'whole body' for me. But there is a pulling force which grows with the spinning in which i feel my 'astral body' get slowly pulled into and then i have the sensation of suddenly moving incredibly fast forward/ like a rush along a tunnel. This technique does not involve thinking about or trying to move limbs. Or sitting up or climbing ropes. The spinning begins at the vibration stage which is when you are right vibration level to exit.

My do's and do not's is i push beyond the vibration stage, push beyond the spinning stage, and when i feel the momentum force/rush i then mentally project to engage my sight and consciousness. I at this stage either suss my whereabouts out or mentally focus on where i want to be. So what I'm saying is i have the end goal and intention in sight and do not stop or get distracted by the sensations and cues. SO many people do! and end up stopping at each stage because they feel accomplished. While that is all good in itself to experience, every projector must keep pushing towards the original intention to exit. Know where you want to go before hand it helps.

One quick question I forgot to ask. Do you remember the whole ordeal in real time? Or is it much like Lucid dreaming were once awake it feels like a distant memory?

Sometimes, sometimes i wake up and know i was out on the astral level but do not remember much at all. This is normal for various reasons. Some is by design i believe, other times it is down to bad recall. Other times the vividness is so clear it feels more than just a dream and has that real time element. Conscious projection in real time is just that, so is vivid and experienced by your consciousness as a real event.

By the way our sub consciousness does not know the difference between what is experienced consciously and unconsciously, it just records non stop everything we experience emotionally, mentally, astrically, physically, spiritually.

Edited by AnVil, 03 January 2012 - 11:47 PM.

Posted Image

#56    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostPoPsIcLeS-LaDy, on 03 January 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Now, for my question, which is one that intrigue me a lot and pick my Curiosity:

1)- We've all heard about spiritual guides ? Is it true you can connect with them on the Astral realm ? Do they actually feel any kind of affection toward you? And how can they connect to you? Ummm...Also, what language do they speak ?

Yes you can. You need to make your intention known that you ready to connect and build a relationship with them. You will become aware of them when you are ready too but the premise is that your guides are always there with you, but stay in the background until you ask them. This ensures that you meet them when you are ready too, as it is a natural order of thought to know when to invite that into your life. Basically is a way of saying you want to undertake your "true path" in life.

I'm still on the fence though as to whether the astral level is the easiest way to meet them. Personally I met mine through meditation "mental projection" and is my prime way of communicating with them. In saying that i have met other guides on the astral level. So it can be done.

Connection wise, they already know how to ;) and can help you practise connections, but for a good connection to exist it requires both parties being able to hold the awareness. So at the beginning there is a steep learning curve.  

I feel like I'm abusing with my question. Thank you in advance.

:)

Hey it's what the thread is for :tu:

Posted Image

#57    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,313 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostHorne, on 03 January 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

I'm not sure if I should be making a thread for asking questions.. But regardless I shall post anyway.

I have some questions that are possibly hindering my chances of astral projection.. When you lye down what position do you lye in?

I feel uncomfortable lying on my back, Ever since a child I crawl up like a baby in a womb on my side.

Thank You For Reading!
Any position is fine. Comfort and relaxation is key.

Vividness. Well there is a trick. Astral experiences are very clear but for most people there is a memory problem. At this point I'm convinced that astral experiences are downloaded straight to long term memory. This has the haziness of a dream. But while you are out of body you can stop to look around and take note of how wonderfully crisp and clear everything is. When you are back to normal reality. The haziness encroaches, but the memory of clarity remaines. So the answer ( for me) is both. Astral experiences can degrade into dream like quality, but so can experiences from last week. The trick is to remember how clear it was, and the  is meaningless. This is also why you journal IMEADIATLY!!!

Time out? I have journeyed  out of body practically all night on rare occasions.  Played a full game of chess once. if you want to remaine out, the trick is to stay buisy and dont get overly excited. I'm forever kicking myself for getting excited at some new increadible thing but end up back in body because I let it get me overly emotional.

Time to get out. I have meditated for hours only to be skunked. Other times I can get out nearly instantly. For me, it depends on pre sleep and circumstances. Ocasionslly I can feel a visitor in my home. And as enlightened as I try to be, I'm a bit territorial. On these occasion I can usually find a quite spot and create vibrations nearly instantly, exit, and investigate. Instant exits are usually when I have a very strong intention.

Eyes: I just can see. The eyes are still in my body. I just call it my awareness. Something I have learned to do is to ..... Sort of program my awareness and send it out on it's own.  I'll go do something else while this robot awareness goes out and does the task I designated ( usually looking for someone). In these cases I'm just aware of what the "robot" does. I don't nescesserilly see. I dont have to. Other times i have spread my awareness out into objects or people to literally feel the insides of things. Yes people are very squishy. I think I earned this from studying how blind people perceive OBEs.

Edited by Seeker79, 04 January 2012 - 06:21 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#58    QueenyQueen457

QueenyQueen457

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Why thank you for both of your replies! I appreciate them :D

Slightly off topic, I remember people telling me before lucid dreaming that they had only a few seconds until they got excited. As for me on my first try it was around 40 mins. People were shocked to find out I lasted so long, My answer was we're all different, Just because there experiences were short, I didn't have to make mine short. Otherwise you're limiting yourself because of other people's experiences.

#59    Gemfred

Gemfred

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• Never let your sense of obligation stop you from doing what is right.........for yourself.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

I have been a member of this site for a while but this is the first thread on which I have posted.

Briefly the preliminary facts of my experience were;-
My 5 year old son had been diagnosed one morning by both the local doctor and the resident Medical Health Officer as having Encephalitis.
We lived on a small island with a permanent population of about 5000 people.
My son was medi-vaced to the mainland hospital by air for treatment accompanied by my wife while I remained for work commitments.
The hospital specialists also confirmed the initial diagnosis.

At about 4:00PM I felt unusually drowsy so lay down for a nap. Within a short while, (I think, as I was unaware of time passing) i found myself floating above the bed. I had on several occasions previously had spontaneous out of body experiences so decided to check how my son's treatment was progressing. I was then above his hospital bed looking down on him and remember thinking how ill he looked. For some reason I decided that I could cure him and astrally entered his bloodstream and destroyed the virus cells.
My next awareness was at 7:00 AM the next morning.

An hour or so later my wife telephoned saying that the hospital had contacted her to advise that our son was
well and ready to be picked up. Their explanation - "A mistaken diagnosis. His records had been mixed-up with another child."
This in spite of 3 separate initial confirmations. Not sure to this day how the first 2 diagnoses got onto someone else's record.

Anyhow we were pleased that he was now okay.

I have never mentioned this experience to either my son or my wife but I know it happened.

And NO this happened about 43 years ago, so was well before the sci-fi story on a similar theme.

I have had no spontaneous OOB experiences since and have not deliberately tried. Seems as if it happens when the need arises and the bond is strong enough.

#60    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,313 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostGemfred, on 05 January 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

I have been a member of this site for a while but this is the first thread on which I have posted.

Briefly the preliminary facts of my experience were;-
My 5 year old son had been diagnosed one morning by both the local doctor and the resident Medical Health Officer as having Encephalitis.
We lived on a small island with a permanent population of about 5000 people.
My son was medi-vaced to the mainland hospital by air for treatment accompanied by my wife while I remained for work commitments.
The hospital specialists also confirmed the initial diagnosis.

At about 4:00PM I felt unusually drowsy so lay down for a nap. Within a short while, (I think, as I was unaware of time passing) i found myself floating above the bed. I had on several occasions previously had spontaneous out of body experiences so decided to check how my son's treatment was progressing. I was then above his hospital bed looking down on him and remember thinking how ill he looked. For some reason I decided that I could cure him and astrally entered his bloodstream and destroyed the virus cells.
My next awareness was at 7:00 AM the next morning.

An hour or so later my wife telephoned saying that the hospital had contacted her to advise that our son was
well and ready to be picked up. Their explanation - "A mistaken diagnosis. His records had been mixed-up with another child."
This in spite of 3 separate initial confirmations. Not sure to this day how the first 2 diagnoses got onto someone else's record.

Anyhow we were pleased that he was now okay.

I have never mentioned this experience to either my son or my wife but I know it happened.

And NO this happened about 43 years ago, so was well before the sci-fi story on a similar theme.

I have had no spontaneous OOB experiences since and have not deliberately tried. Seems as if it happens when the need arises and the bond is strong enough.
Nice job. As anvil has pointed out. Astral... Maneuvers... I guess are not necessarilly Linier. Spirits, even us out of body affect the world in synchronistic ways.  I have done this exact same thing. I journeyed out of body to fix my acl that by all accounts was completely torn. According to the doctor & detailed MRIs. Upon surgery to go to repair the doctors where shocked to find it was not gone, and quite healthy. In fact it was strong and the reconstruction was unnesscesary. I looked up the incidence of false positives of complete acl tears with an MRI. It's less than 1%. I still have the images that show I had no ACL, and I'm not 100% but recovering nicely.

I also chase away flu viruses from my house. To me, They look like old men with no eyes. Careful if there in Somone they put up a hell of a fight. ( yes even viruses have an astral component)  This is why our ancestors called sicknesses evil spirits. When shaman saw them they inturpret them as such.

Edited by Seeker79, 05 January 2012 - 01:52 PM.

Bruce Lee-

Recent blog entries on this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users