Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New study claims Turin Shroud is authentic

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Man :no: ,From all the testing I don't believe any of those fools any more,One says it's Real another says it's a fake,What a bunch of morons.It just proves a point,"DON"T TRUST MAN". If I could get a hold of that shroud I would burn it so people would let it rest instead of arguing about if it's real or fake,Like Lilly said" It comes down to Faith".so so true.

#17    Copen

Copen

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

If the Turin Shroud is authentic, God has violated His own commandment. Thou shalt have no image of anything in heaven. If we are not supposed to have an image of God, why would He leave one???????

Also, the Shroud shows nail prints that went through the wrist. This also contradicts the Bible which says the nails went throught his hands without breaking a bone.

Also, Romans 1:20 says that God will give something made to reveal the spiritual things. The Shroud of Turin is said to be a "NEGATIVE" imprint. In other words, everything that would normally be white is black and vise-versa just like a "NEGATIVE". The word "negative" also means "NO!!!!" God is giving a means of discernment by the description man as made for this Shroud.  No, it is not an image of Jesus.
Have a Christ centered Christmas.

Edited by Copen, 21 December 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#18    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

I have always felt it was left as a physical gift to us to prove he was truly resurrected. I also feel it would have been quite an ordeal to try and fake it back in those days anyway....next to impossible in fact for it to have lasted all this time without divine intervention!!  Jesus lives!!!!

#19    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostLilly, on 20 December 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

In the end it all comes down to faith. I think some things will always remain a mystery.

Posted Image

I agree. I hope this is true but I think we will never know until we move on. Have a nice Christmas.

Robbie James

#20    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the article SW. Have a great Christmas.

Robbie James

#21    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 20 December 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

There seems to be a 'new study' every few years that 'proves' that the shroud is authentic, yet carbon dating continuously puts the shroud between 1260-1390 C.E. with 95% confidence.
(And cue people claiming that carbon 14 dating is an erroneous method of dating.....)
The last I heard, about a year ago, the shroud C14 testing was shown to be unrelable, because modern fibers had been woven into the fabric in the section that was used for the testing. The test area was right next to a burned area, which was repaired by un-raveling the fabric fibers, and then reweaving the modern and old fibers together to try to prevent a repair line. Tests on the left over bits of cloth from the C14 testing show these modern fibers do exist, and thus probably skewed the C14 findings. This does not make the Shroud authentic, it only means the cloth is likely from the right time period. I'm sure hundreds of thousands of people were buried in ancient Israel with such a cloth. The Vatican has said they will not provide any new samples from an undamaged part of the Shroud.

It is not the cloth that is miraculous, it is the image on the cloth.

Edited by DieChecker, 21 December 2011 - 09:55 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#22    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

View PostParacelse, on 21 December 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

It was done by two different group of people, I've read it first in Picknett and Prince book The Turin Shroud in who's Image and there was an Australian professor who did the same type of study (can't seem to find his name for the moment).  And it wasn't a large lens, it was a pinhole camera.
http://en.wikipedia..../Pinhole_camera

Furthermore, there is something that seemed to be ignored by all the "scientists" pro-shroudies:  the size of the shroud.  In days when most people measured 5'0 to 5'4", a 5'10" to 6'2" JC would have been remembered and his size would have been used to prove his "godliness".
And yes the shroud is authentic (it exist thus it's authentic), an authentic fake.
thank you for clarifying that. i thought for some reason it was a lens, cuz they were trying to prove that DaVinci made the shroud. whatever. :lol:

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#23    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

View PostLilly, on 20 December 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

In the end it all comes down to faith. I think some things will always remain a mystery.

Posted Image

So true,  I know it is a silly thing to believe in the Shroud, but it's been one of those symbols of Jesus that have special meaning to me.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#24    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

For me, whether the shroud is real or not makes no difference. Because it's obvious Jesus as an historical figure existed. So, shroud or grail or toe nail or what have you - is irrelivant.

#25    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

View PostDevice, on 22 December 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:

For me, whether the shroud is real or not makes no difference. Because it's obvious Jesus as an historical figure existed. So, shroud or grail or toe nail or what have you - is irrelivant.
:yes:  :tu:

#26    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

View PostDevice, on 22 December 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:

There are no text besides the gospels mentioning him.  So I'm not sure he was a historical figure either.  I'm sure he exists as a thoughtform, since so many people believe in him.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#27    Khaleid

Khaleid

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

I say the shroud is evidence of time travel!

I recon some Japanese time travel tourists went back in time and took pictures with their camera's. Little did they realise that their flashes would produce the "extremely brief pulses of ultraviolet light" that burnt the image into the shroud...

:D

" Well, the earth died screaming, while I lay dreaming " -- Tom Waits

#28    Muenzenhamster

Muenzenhamster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

View PostParacelse, on 22 December 2011 - 06:12 AM, said:

There are no text besides the gospels mentioning him.  So I'm not sure he was a historical figure either.  I'm sure he exists as a thoughtform, since so many people believe in him.
Paracelse, he is mentioned by the Jewish historian Josephus at the time.

#29    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

View PostParacelse, on 22 December 2011 - 06:12 AM, said:

It's controversial but some say he is mentioned in the Talmud. I'm not an expert on the matter but the fact that people did go out of their way to write the Gospels is certainly an indication that the person they were writing about existed. Also other political and religeous figures who existed are mentioned in conjunction with the events surrounding Jesus life - Pontius Pilate, King Herod and a few others. The locations also exist. There's no doubt in my mind that a man named Jesus existed and that he was executed for reasons common at that time. As for being the son of God etc, well, I'm not a Christian so that doesn't concern me.

#30    Cotton

Cotton

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Personally I couldn't care less if shroud is real or not... I know JESUS CHRIST is. I am experiencing his love, mercy & grace everyday! Everybody will find out eventually. Prayfully while they're alive!
Merry CHRISTmas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users