Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Family of mountain gorillas groom tourist

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

An American tourist had the experience of a life-time while on a gorilla-watching tour in Uganda.

The man, known only as John, had a close encounter with a group of wild mountain gorillas near the Bwindi National Park.

In a video detailing the experience he can be seen cowering while a family of apes crowds around him.

Scroll down for video

Posted Image Read more...
I've seen David Attenborough in this situation, but wow, what an amazing experience.

Posted Image

#2    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 22 December 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

I've seen David Attenborough in this situation, but wow, what an amazing experience.

What a wonderful experiance. Lucky guy. I think these animals are amazing !!!

Robbie James

#3    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

I'm jealous

#4    AmpleFyre

AmpleFyre

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

Well, I'm certainly not envious, but that's quite a sight! I could see that those gorillas each had their own personality. Quite a sight, indeed.

"All I say is that I think it is damned unlikely that anything like a central cosmic will, a spirit world, or an eternal survival of personality exist. They are the most preposterous and unjustified of all the guesses which can be made about the universe, and I am not enough of a hair-splitter to pretend that I don't regard them as arrant and negligible moonshine. In theory I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist." ~ H.P. Lovecraft

#5    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

It is could he stayed submissive the whole time, was already sitting down and didn't make much eye contact..I know other individuals prob would make too much eye contact ect..would could be determintal with a silver back with youngsters in the group. Anywho that was so heart warming and amazing to see, I love animals! They were so warming as a group!

#6    SamDavies

SamDavies

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. - Elie Wiesel

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

Has anyone seen the documentary 'A Family Portrait' that viewed on cable TV some years ago? It was absolutely amazing! It totally blew apart theories about how gorillas 'should' behave that have come out of the wild due to being orphaned and brought together from different family groups. It was so moving I confess I cried. I phoned the cable channel that showed it and asked when it would be repeated. They said the rights to the documentary had been bought (but could not say by who) so the channel could not show it again. It has mysteriously disappeared it appears. I suppose someone did not like people realising how loving and caring gorillas really are. The documentary showed behaviour that would put humans to shame. Not that that seems a difficult thing to do.

But if anyone does know where I can get this documentary on CD let me know.

Sam Davies
www.darwinlion.blogspot.com

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hope you guys like it too!

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

That's Freaking Awesome...

#9    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 26 January 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

That's Freaking Awesome...

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#10    Cataleptic

Cataleptic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

2:42, when the baby is checking him out, and the huge gorilla is watching it all happen, I would have been crapping myself if it were me.

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,760 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

I was holding my breath FOR the guy :w00t: awesom......

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

I would be as scared as he looks!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#13    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

What an awesome experience! Love the big boy checking on his family. Wish my kids behaved so well! Lol

#14    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,596 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Freakin awesome! :w00t:

Posted Image

#15    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love gorillas :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users