Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What are the Great Pyramids really made of?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

io9.com said:

Here's why everything you thought you knew about how we built the Great Pyramids is probably wrong.

Posted Image Read more...

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,343 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Cheese? :yes:

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#3    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,025 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

The article starts out with a lie, as no slaves constructed the pyramids, and delves into Davidovits theory which is more BS that's already been gone over in this forum. This is one idea that should die AND STAY DEAD.  :yes:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#4    bulveye

bulveye

Poltergeist

• 2,315 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Interesting! Would make more sense if they blocks were poured. If it is the case then we should be able to reproduce the procedure. Unless of course aliens made the mixture...  :alien:

Julian: "You're prostituting yourself out for cheeseburgers again, aren't you?"
Randy: "A man's gotta eat, Julian."      ~ Trailer Park Boys

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

It's hard to believe the pyramids are constructed of cement.&nbsp; I would have to have further proof.<br>

#6    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,343 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Well the fact that it's limestone from a quarry and has plenty of fossils in them, should be a good hint that they were carved.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,362 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 23 December 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

The article starts out with a lie, as no slaves constructed the pyramids, and delves into Davidovits theory which is more BS that's already been gone over in this forum. This is one idea that should die AND STAY DEAD.  :yes:

cormac
I disagree.  Some of the lower level blocks were likely quarried but the upper I believe were poured.  I don't believe this from some expertise or personal study of the egyptian pyramids, but because 99 percent of the time the simple and obvious explanation is correct.

#8    Marks_Thoughts

Marks_Thoughts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

If the blocks were actually cement then the forms should be found, if not in whole, at least in the graphics all around Egypt.  There are writings about all kinds of everyday things, why not the manufacturing of the cement mixture or at least how to lay out the forms?  
Essentially, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.  Show us.

#9    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

The name of the site says this, "We come from the future."

I am from the "past" and I say they talk crap.

They are idiots with no life. *I* have no life either, but I do not make up fantasies to get the needed attention.

But what is this internet about? It's about crazy people craving for their 15 minutes of fame.

And then we have the doomsday sayers, they are the worst.

Edited by Abramelin, 23 December 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#10    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

View PostOverSword, on 23 December 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

I disagree.  Some of the lower level blocks were likely quarried but the upper I believe were poured.  I don't believe this from some expertise or personal study of the egyptian pyramids, but because 99 percent of the time the simple and obvious explanation is correct.

This is so true.  When I see people twisting themselves into knots I can't help but laugh.  Usually the simplest answer is the right one.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#11    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,025 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

View PostOverSword, on 23 December 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

1) They cut the blocks, crushed the limestone, mixed the components into a slurry, poured said slurry into molds, allowed the molds to set, THEN transported the blocks to the pyramid site.

2) They cut the blocks, then moved them into place.

I'd say that option 2 is the simplest and quickest. Also, Professor Ioannis Liritzis has already shown that the blocks are carved and therefore consistent with the sedimentary layout of the Mokattam Formation from where they were removed.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#12    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 23 December 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

1) They cut the blocks, crushed the limestone, mixed the components into a slurry, poured said slurry into molds, allowed the molds to set, THEN transported the blocks to the pyramid site.

2) They cut the blocks, then moved them into place.

I'd say that option 2 is the simplest and quickest. Also, Professor Ioannis Liritzis has already shown that the blocks are carved and therefore consistent with the sedimentary layout of the Mokattam Formation from where they were removed.

cormac

Then why are there bubbles in the blocks? :huh:

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#13    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,025 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

View PostCassea, on 23 December 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

Then why are there bubbles in the blocks? :huh:

You do know that limestone is a porous material, right?

cormac

#14    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 23 December 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

You do know that limestone is a porous material, right?

cormac

Yes but you act like dragging the limestone from the quarry was no big deal.  If it was no big deal why is it a mystery.  Bubbles can also be found in cement.  Makes more sense to me.

#15    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,025 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

View PostCassea, on 23 December 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

Yes but you act like dragging the limestone from the quarry was no big deal.  If it was no big deal why is it a mystery.  Bubbles can also be found in cement.  Makes more sense to me.

I never said it was no big deal, however it was done. But using your own argument it IS the simplest answer. In the least, it would likely take days if not weeks for the core of a 2.5 ton block (poured) to harden sufficiently enough to be moved, without disintegrating. And contrary to Davidovits and other 'cement' claims, the blocks are not consistant in size and shape. And again, the internal structure of the blocks is consistent with the natural sedimentary layout of the formation from which they were taken. Something that would not be the case in a poured product.

cormac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users