Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    SystemShoX

SystemShoX

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

• I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:37 AM

Anyone here play?

#2    grendille

grendille

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostSystemShoX, on 24 December 2011 - 05:37 AM, said:

Anyone here play?

85 alliance hunter, pally, shammy, mage, druid, on nesingwary

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

I do. :ph34r:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    Prestige

Prestige

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• Where you bang on the catatonic piano the soul is innocent and immortal it should never die ungodly in an armed madhouse.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

Since 05' on elder thalas server, pve now, I quit Pvp after I spent all the time to get wrathful glad in origional season only to grow fond of new competition, if your careful in cata you can wreck just as well in pve hero gear >< till you got three Dick pallies on your ass spamming divine skill, er storm lmfao

Posted Image

-Buy the ticket, take the ride-

#5    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Well, considering I get to start up again for free with a level 80 character and all of the expansions, I will be playing again. :tu:

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 28 March 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Well, considering I get to start up again for free with a level 80 character and all of the expansions, I will be playing again. :tu:

For which side? :P

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#7    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostOffeiriad, on 29 March 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

For which side? :P
FOR THE HORDE!!!!

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,798 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Can someone tell me (briefly) why I should spend $ to get involved with this game and about how much would it cost?  The only gaming I've done is the old PC stuff like medal of honor, wolfenstein and CnC...take your time and let the laughing subside.  Really, I'd like to get back into it on a limited basis and don't know which system is most user friendly for an old fart like myself.  I loved the above games but have never used a hand held controller except for mouse and keyboard so...which one is best?

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#9    grendille

grendille

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postand then, on 02 April 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Can someone tell me (briefly) why I should spend $ to get involved with this game and about how much would it cost?  The only gaming I've done is the old PC stuff like medal of honor, wolfenstein and CnC...take your time and let the laughing subside.  Really, I'd like to get back into it on a limited basis and don't know which system is most user friendly for an old fart like myself.  I loved the above games but have never used a hand held controller except for mouse and keyboard so...which one is best?

Well I too am an old fart... and have no trouble playing.  Takes a bit of time to learn the basics of your class but when you do you're off and running.  Now as far as why to pay money. That is something that only you can state reasons for.  For me I pay the 15 bucks a month because i have friends in the game and enjoy the social aspects of it...plus its cheaper than a movie.  My advice would be to go to worldofwarcraft.com and secure yourself a trial pass it will at least give you a taste of what the full game is about.

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, the nice thing about WoW is that you can try it before you buy it. Most other non-PC games don't allow that. If you decide to try it, I can help you along. I play both sides of the fence, but am currently getting my first Horde toon to 85.

#11    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,486 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Very casually play alliance-side on WrA (RP server): nelf hunter, gnome priest & a (I swing both ways ;P) tauren pally. Mostly stay around for the people I've met at this point.

Embrace the impossible.

#12    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Aliiance Antonidas PvE server.

85 Worgen Druid
85 Human Warrior
65 Night Elf Druid

I recently got into PVP.  Been playing since BC launched and this is my 3rd account :S

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#13    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostPurplos, on 03 April 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Very casually play alliance-side on WrA (RP server): nelf hunter, gnome priest & a (I swing both ways ;P) tauren pally. Mostly stay around for the people I've met at this point.

Ha ha I swing both ways too, Purplos. :ph34r: I have three Alliance toons that are 85s on one server with a smattering of others on the way up and this toon I'm working on now is my first Horde to reach 81. I've had other Horde toons, but this is the farthest I've gotten. She's a level 81 paladin tank, stuck in limbo.

#14    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yeah been on since release.

85 Nelf Druid
85 Worgen Mage
85 Human Warrior
85 Human Paladin
71 Nelf ROgue

Azjol-Nerub EU

#15    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Postdouglaswalkers, on 24 May 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

World of Warcraft is an online multiplayer role playing game. It has large, pretty, seamless world and orderly & benignant to short and long play session. Its music and sound is also very nice. In this game player vs player task is not complete.
um ok, ..... :unsure2:  i dident think anyone in the thread was unaware of what wow was, and what do you mean by the pvp is not complete?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users