Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The biblical ‘Abomination of Desolation’ prophecy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: CC 2.0 Allan chapman</strong>
Image credit: CC 2.0 Allan chapman
Dan Green: In July 1995, Dean Brandon Jackson of the famous Gothic Cathedral of Lincoln made a most puzzling and unexplained public announcement. Amidst clerical rumours that currents of conflict, hate and evil had been swirling around the Cathedral for centuries, he declared that he believed a battle of good and evil centred on the ancient Minster and then went on to ask that he close the Cathedral for six months for it to be exorcised by prayers.
Top London newspaper ‘The Sunday Times’ added fuel to the fire, carrying a report of a ‘swirling evil’ theory that had been repeated by Deans and Provosts at their annual April conference that year, and also told of a Dean of another Cathedral who said that Lincoln Cathedral was one of the most evil places he had been in, yet another adding that he believed it sat on a junction of ley lines.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    encouraged

encouraged

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hummm. I was of the thinking that the AofD took place when the pig was sacrificed on the Jerusalem Temple Alter after that area was overrun by Roman soldiers resulting in the final dispersion. I believe that came from the writings of Josephus.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,666 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hummm. I was of the thinking that the AofD took place when the pig was sacrificed on the Jerusalem Temple Alter after that area was overrun by Roman soldiers resulting in the final dispersion. I believe that came from the writings of Josephus.

That was a forerunner of the end of days prophecy.  The pig was butchered by Antiochus Epiphanes a Syrian born leader prior to the Roman destruction of AD 70.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

Okay, first of all, why in the world are you saying that Mary Magdalene was "mysterious"?  The bible describes her in fairly good detail....nothing obscure about it.  You're saying "mysterious" because of Dan Brown.....and his fictional writing.  I think you're losing touch with reality here.

Secondly, England is nowhere near where biblical events are mentioned and prophesied about.  The abomination of desolation was predicted, and that prediction has come true.  It still holds true today with the abominable building that sits on the temple mount right now.  THAT is what Daniel was describing and predicting....not something in far-off England.

The cathedral you're describing does sound interesting, though, but I highly doubt the structure has anything at all to do with biblical prophecy.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#5    thalassinus

thalassinus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

dan green .... do you have a website? you write about what i want to read!

"Hate is easy, Love takes courage."

#6    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

"Sincil"  as far as I can deduce "may" mean "PLACE OF THE PERPETUAL ROCK" It is of course only a guess. But you have sparked my interest. Are there any references to a Saint Cecil in Lincoln?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users