Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Attacks on a church

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) An explosion ripped through a Catholic church during Christmas Mass near Nigeria's capital Sunday, killing at least 25 people there, officials said. A radical Muslim sect claimed the attack and another bombing near a church in the restive city of Jos, as explosions also struck the nation's northeast.

The Christmas Day attacks show the growing national ambition of the sect known as Boko Haram, which is responsible for at least 495 killings this year alone, according to an Associated Press count. The assaults come a year after a series of Christmas Eve bombings in Jos claimed by the militants left at least 32 dead and 74 wounded.http://news.yahoo.co...-123853144.html

My question here is.. Why do people find it ok to attack churches by bombing and killing?  I do not get it..   I have seen Church s get vandalized over in my own country...but no killings I can think of.. but IMO it is vile and wrong.. So why do people do these things?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#2    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,808 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

A lot of people in a small confined area, that is all

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 28 December 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

A lot of people in a small confined area, that is all

This answers my question........how?

#4    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,808 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 December 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

This answers my question........how?
Killing people in a church, a street, their own home etc is wrong regardless. It does not make it any better to kill someone in the street than a church. They aren't concerned with it being "ok" but simply because they can maximize casualties due to high density of people in a small area.

#5    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,521 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Well from a heinous point of view, churches are perfect targets. Lot of people, hitting a religion one is against, and showing no fear to demolish anything to make a statement. Only thing better than a church to get that kind of point across would be a Sunday or church school.

From my point of view, what a bunch of gutless jacknapes. They could go el mano, but nope, they gotta choose the lame route to get their point across. Sick and sad :(

#6    thedutchiedutch

thedutchiedutch

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

• One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.
    Bob Marley

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 December 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) An explosion ripped through a Catholic church during Christmas Mass near Nigeria's capital Sunday, killing at least 25 people there, officials said. A radical Muslim sect claimed the attack and another bombing near a church in the restive city of Jos, as explosions also struck the nation's northeast.

The Christmas Day attacks show the growing national ambition of the sect known as Boko Haram, which is responsible for at least 495 killings this year alone, according to an Associated Press count. The assaults come a year after a series of Christmas Eve bombings in Jos claimed by the militants left at least 32 dead and 74 wounded.http://news.yahoo.co...-123853144.html

My question here is.. Why do people find it ok to attack churches by bombing and killing?  I do not get it..   I have seen Church s get vandalized over in my own country...but no killings I can think of.. but IMO it is vile and wrong.. So why do people do these things?

Why do people find it ok ? You mean the people who claimed to have done this ?

So do I have time for a last smoke and a pancake or what?

#7    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 28 December 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

Killing people in a church, a street, their own home etc is wrong regardless. It does not make it any better to kill someone in the street than a church.
Really?  I didn't know that people could get killed in other places too.. I only thought it could only ever happen in a Church... my word I have opened my eyes !!
Sarcasm to one side  - If I wanted to make a thread on killing in the streets and in pubs, clubs, sports arenas.. drive by shootings ect.. I would have went to the  -TRUE CRIME section of the board and done that....... As this is ONLY about killing and bombing a church.. then that is why it is here....and it is not asking if you think it is better or not.. it is asking WHY do they do it?

It never fails...the thread could be set around any certain thing .. and lean on that.. and someone is bound to come in and say - no wait it is not just that there are blah blah's done too  ... I feel like saying WELL DUH.....What so many fail to understand that threads have an aim...this one is aimed solely at church killings and bombings... Not other killings

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 December 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

View Postthedutchiedutch, on 28 December 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

Why do people find it ok ? You mean the people who claimed to have done this ?

What do you think?  Read it and let me know...  It also does not matter if someone owns up to doing it.. it is obvious for those that do it think it is ok.. otherwise  they wouldn't do it

#9    thedutchiedutch

thedutchiedutch

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Bob Marley

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 December 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

What do you think?  Read it and let me know...  It also does not matter if someone owns up to doing it.. it is obvious for those that do it think it is ok.. otherwise  they wouldn't do it

Extremists need to hate and destroy anyone who threatens their sense of security and superiority ?

#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

View Postthedutchiedutch, on 28 December 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

Extremists need to hate and destroy anyone who threatens their sense of security and superiority ?

And also could be they feel it is their religious right to kill off any other faith  as much as possible.. hence why do it on Christmas day and why pick out churches to attack?
I agree HATE is the key..but I cannot wrap my head around it........

#11    thedutchiedutch

thedutchiedutch

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Bob Marley

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 December 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

And also could be they feel it is their religious right to kill off any other faith  as much as possible.. hence why do it on Christmas day and why pick out churches to attack?
I agree HATE is the key..but I cannot wrap my head around it........

I think that the extremists even have a word for this. It is called "Jihad". Cannot wrap my head around it either Becky. It is all just a shame and attack on humanity.

#12    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,904 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

View Postthedutchiedutch, on 28 December 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

I think that the extremists even have a word for this. It is called "Jihad". Cannot wrap my head around it either Becky. It is all just a shame and attack on humanity.
As if this would only happen to churches, and as if the perpetrators would always and only be muslims. We have had many incidents of attacks on mosques here in Berlin.

#13    thedutchiedutch

thedutchiedutch

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Bob Marley

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 28 December 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

As if this would only happen to churches, and as if the perpetrators would always and only be muslims. We have had many incidents of attacks on mosques here in Berlin.

Hi Flombie. Actually Becky was asking "Why do people find it ok to attack churches by bombing and killing?"
Whether the attack was done by muslims or not is not the question. But in this case a radical Muslim sect claimed the attack. Furthermore i am sorry to hear about incidents of attacks on mosques in Berlin. It is not right.

#14    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 28 December 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

Places of worship.. I never could understand it...Especially when they all seem to follow the same God

#15    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,904 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

I didn't bring it down on just churches, as all religious temples are the same for me. But Jihad is the wrong term, in my opinion. It is hate and religious intolerance.

Indeed, B_M, I cannot understand it as well. Even though I am not religious, I respect any place of worshipm as I see them as peaceful and quiet retreats. I wouldn't want anyone to burn down my local park either, which is my quiet retreat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users