Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

The Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46    PuffDragon

PuffDragon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Postand then, on 09 January 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Used to know a guy who was a meth head who saw shadow people.  Usually after being awake for about 4 days...he talked about moving the fridge so we could see them but we told him nah...they'll just run behind the stove.  He finally got clean and voila' no more shadow people.
Just sayin'.... :blink:

Wow dude, I appreciate the post but I think if i smoked meth i wouldnt own a house or a computer for that matter... just saying.

#47    PuffDragon

PuffDragon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostSpky777, on 19 January 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

I have seen a shadow person during the day, face on (in my line of sight).  It was absolute shock. Like some members here that have described them, I can tell which ones are most likely accurate vs ones the are not.  
They can show up day or night and don't need to be in complete darkness to be seen.
Generally I don't think they are good news.  I think they tend to be attracted to negative things.

I can't really speak of their intentions. But I will pay more attention to whats going on in my life next time they pop up.

#48    PuffDragon

PuffDragon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostDayDreamDani92, on 21 January 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Iv'e had personal experiences with the shadow people for years and I know how terrifying the big ones can seem. It's almost as if they are transmitting some sort of energy that causes fear in people. Ive read up on them alot trying to understand exactly what they are. I think the best thoery I have found so far is that the are bieng from another dimension or brane. i believe they are people just like us, who when passed with out a body to experience sensations were forced to view themselves as we truly are. Without this reality clogging up everything.
    Ive read that thier frequency vibrates the same with the oart of our brains that cause fear. So I like to tell myself when I see them I'm not really afraid. And they wont hurt me. Infact it's just like me, just withouth the whole body thing. :P
    My personal experiences show them never to be mean or threatening, merley observers, and watchers. I have one that follows me everywhere. He's my little buddy. I'm no longer afriad of him, and in fatc like to see who can stare at the other the longest. lol Goodlyck with your journey with them in your life. I'm sure you'll be okay. :)

Thanx for sharing, Yea I agree that the ones I see seem to be more concerned with looking for something, or curious. I speculate the reason they are so curious is either

A) We are so strange to them, anything we do is wildly entertaining. (even watching t.v.)
B) They see us as one would see a flower. Its nice to look at once in awhile.
C) They are looking for something and think you may be able to help them.

Not really sure just speculation.

#49    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hey all, first time poster here but long time reader,

Gonna go out on a wild limb here but does anyone think there could be a possible connection between shadow people/persons and astral projection?  Not sure if its ever been talked about before or not, to go even farther out, how about the possibility that what they are searching for is a way back to themselves such as a person is a coma?

Just felt the urge to throw my 2 cents out there

#50    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostBrianPotter, on 31 December 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

I think a lot of our problems with Shadows stem from where/when we evolved from.....we naturally fear the dark just in case a predator could be lay in wait.People forget that we humans were a food source for other animals...if we now go into a dark room/place which we are scared of,we instantly look for an exit....its human nature.....thats why (imo) during sleep paralysis we see shadows....btw..im probably wrong....:wacko:

I realize I'm late to this conversation. I saw a documentary that talked about people's nature affinity to being afraid of the dark and you're absolutely right on with the predators attack in the dark theory according to the professor that did research on the fear of the dark and why. Because our "ancestors" /cavemen ect had to live in caves or later on built other means of shelter..anyways, the fear of being attacked in the dark because of nocturnal animals and what not that find their meals at night and in the dark (obviously lol) then from there all of the media and passed down stories of things that go "bump" in the night.

I'm not skeptical at all about the shadow people topic however. I have had my own heart stopping experience with this issue a couple of times on my own growing up. I hope I don't have to go there again!

#51    Spky777

Spky777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Once you see one, and completely eliminate any interference or trick of the eye then you can be really shocked.  I think some of them are doing there thing and don't even notice you.  Others have noticed you and are keeping their distance and watching you.

#52    sandlot

sandlot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

I find this subject to be very interesting. I have never seen a shadow person but of course have heard a lot about them. I'm sorry I have nothing relevent to add I was just commenting on my interest in the subject.

#53    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostMythical Legend, on 30 January 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Gonna go out on a wild limb here but does anyone think there could be a possible connection between shadow people/persons and astral projection?  Not sure if its ever been talked about before or not, to go even farther out, how about the possibility that what they are searching for is a way back to themselves such as a person is a coma?

Welcome to UM :)

Actually, i reckon thats a pretty good point youve raised.
Ive read lots of posts re shadowmen etc and this  could be part of the answer for some sightings.
After all, people often say they seem to be searching for something.

#54    _Only

_Only

• 6,681 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostDayDreamDani92, on 21 January 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Iv'e had personal experiences with the shadow people for years and I know how terrifying the big ones can seem. It's almost as if they are transmitting some sort of energy that causes fear in people.

Or maybe a manifestation of fear.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#55    _Only

_Only

• 6,681 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostMythical Legend, on 30 January 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

I've thought about that seeing people talk about sleep paralysis experiences, and astral travel experiences. The common denominator is that these both happen during a certain point in-between sleep patterns. One involves freeing yourself from your body into a new world of sorts. And the other involves some dark being putting all their weight on your chest or neck, paralyzing you. Would that shadow be attempting to force you down in that state so you can't have the freedom to pop out? Who knows, but it's interesting to think about.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#56    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Welcome to UM.

Don't know if this has been said yet but you can search UM for shadow people and you'll get more hits than you can read in a week.

#57    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Are they or were they once watchers?

But they cast no light. Shadow people are negatives.

They are drawn to people and places like moths drawn to light and talk incessantly amongst themselves the more negative the more excitable they can get. They talk to me but they dun talk to you. Rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, etc, etc, etc.

They're goths.

:devil:

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#58    bernKleen

bernKleen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey everyone,

I created an account on this website after reading this thread because I've had a few encounters with these "Shadow People" but didn't realize it was such a wide spread phenomenon.

I used to see the big scary ones quite a bit when I was very young. I remember a specific experience when I was in my room late at night one time (I was about 5 or 6) and I felt the need to look out my window into my backyard for some reason. I saw a large shadowy figure in the wooded area and it was staring up at my window. It made a "howling at the moon" type motion (with no sound) and ran off. In place of the sound it should have made, I felt a swell of terror inside me and I ran out of my room.

Later on when I was 17, I used to hang out with a girl whose mother was into witchcraft. She used to tell us about a large ghostly creature that used to walk around her house at night, and sit on the end of her bed. IT would shake her bed at times as well and she was very afraid of it. We all used to listen to her, but thought she might be making up stories for fun. That was until we all started to experience some strange things at her house as well.

I stayed at this girls house one night in the basement, and all night I thought I was seeing little creatures running around the basement looking at me. They were on the stairs, in the hall, and in front of the couch. I was not scared of them for some reason. In the morning, I heard the door at the top of the stairs open, and someone walk half way down the stairs, sit down, and giggle. I thought it was my friend, so I pulled the sheets off my face and tried to scare her, but there was nobody there. I told her about all of this and she kind of rolled her eyes and said "oh now you guys are seeing it too.".

We used to hang out at her house a lot in the basement. We were down there one night and 7 of us all watched an ashtray leap from a table in a high arc and smash in the middle of the room. We all ran out of the room laughing and scared.

When we returned to the room, we were all discussing what we had saw when we collectively looked towards a closet covered by a hanging sheet in the corner of the room. A shadow man opened the curtain very quickly, and wee all saw him standing there looking at us. We all became terrified and ran upstairs screaming. We all drew what we saw, and everyone saw the same thing. A tall shadowy man.

The creepiest part came when we all sat with my friends mom and explained what we had seen, and she told us to not be afraid that these people would not hurt us, they are just watching us, and to just ignore them. More creepy things happened over the course of my friends 16th year, and then stopped abruptly.

Anyways thanks for reading, and feel free to ask me questions.

Edited by bernKleen, 09 May 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#59    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Can they be filmed?  Shadows show up on walls in a lit room.  With so many, and I mean tons, of repeat sightings by the same people, is there anyway to document them?

Ghosties seem "whimsical" in their appearances, but these shadow people seem to come around the same people at regular intervals.  Maybe a bunch of people that have these beings interested in them can get together as a group and make attempts to record them.  If everyone chips in, you can raise enough money to buy some equipment (day/night cameras with DVR recorders start at about $189) and see what the community to can capture?

This would be an awesome thing to follow, and could possibly "flesh-out" some of the "profiles" of the various shadow-entities already greatly detailed above.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#60    Ronnie1321

Ronnie1321

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Can you describe what these shadow children look like? I had a dream of them a few nights ago and just started looking into it today. This has been the only post that I've seen about shadow children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users