Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

China announces manned moon mission

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,076 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

China has declared plans to land a man on the moon and to build a space station by as early as 2020.

Telegraph said:

A white paper published on Thursday laid out the country's five-year plan for the development on new satellites, spacecraft and a space station and provided the official confirmation of China's lunar ambitions.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Benz

Benz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

• Neck Yourself

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

About bloody time someone went back to the moon, i don't care if it's "pointless" i'd like to see video footage of the entire mission in HD on my TV since i wasn't around in 1969 to see the moon landing

#3    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

China have a history of land grabbing,.. EG Tibet.So now the moon will be  CHinese possesion. Good place to launch missiles or spy camera .

#4    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Lets support china in her goal, by buying so much chinesee we can!

Go china, the moon is yellow  :yes:

Finally got my black belt....

#5    Zamor

Zamor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

View Postangi chiesa, on 30 December 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

China have a history of land grabbing,.. EG Tibet.So now the moon will be  CHinese possesion. Good place to launch missiles or spy camera .

Are you serious? Tibet!
Not much compared to North and South America, Australia and to some extent Africa and more lol
Got a feeling you have something against China :innocent:

Zam

#6    TheSpoonyOne

TheSpoonyOne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

What are they going to do? Chuck the US flag away when they get there?

#7    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Zamor,it is China that wants the moon.Bigger than anything else to conquer.Hey I live in Thailand and many of my friends here are Chinese.Chinese dictators are the problem.

#8    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,772 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

i'd prefer the Americans being the leaders in space exploration, and preferred it was NASA going back to the moon. but times change, but seeing a Chinaman landing - walking on the moon wont have the same affect/appeal to me as seeing Americans walking on the moon again. i dont know why but thats my take.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#9    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 244 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

China is the evil empire! They'll probably open a factory on the moon so they can have a way to manufacture their cheap crap in low gravity. They'll ship Tibetian buddhists up there and force them to slave away in a lunar sweat shop.

#10    ripperking

ripperking

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• Why quote when it should be my word that is heard...

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Sounds a bit like racist comments here. What would the line. Of conversation be if the headline read "African nation plans manned space mission to Moon."
Maybe some would say "oh well, they can't break anything up. there!" Personally, I'm all for any human expedition to      neighbouring planets and moons!! Pushing manned space        exploration is setting us up for stellar and interstellar    space exploration! At the very least, I hope mankind will get over ethnic differences and realise we are all belonging  to the same race, the human race. Good luck China and whoever does the next step in space flight!

#11    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

What happened to ``one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind``  Oh wait, Neil was suppose to say one giant leap for the western world.   Any and all missions beyond Earth is a leap for us all.  People who think the Chinese will keep things hush, must think NASA was and has been always completely open with the general public. I don`t think so.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#12    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

The Chinese better watch their back just look whats been happening to the Russian space program of late.

#13    Mario Lemieux

Mario Lemieux

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

I just hate China so much.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2008-2009 Super Bowl Champions
Pittsburgh Penguins 2008-2009 Stanley Cup Champions

#14    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

The problem is that once the chinese make it to the moon...you will have the cravings to go back and do it again an hour later...
:o

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#15    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

Actually if the Chinese did start building a station on the moon, it would set in motion a new space race - 'The quest to own the moon'.  And it would also speed up mans advances in space colonisation - something I'm not all that chuffed about to be honset. We have to sort out our act here first.

Edited by Device, 01 January 2012 - 02:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users