Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

China announces manned moon mission

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostDevice, on 01 January 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

They're 42 years too late.

Why?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#17    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 01 January 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

Why?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Oh, I was just being glib I guess. But you can get a feel for my position on the matter in my previous comment - which I edited. Thanks.

Edited by Device, 01 January 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#18    rogue33

rogue33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• ITS NOT ABOUT $,IT'S ABOUT PEOPLE.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

I THINK IF THE CHINESE MAKE IT TO THE MOON IT WILL SPUR THE AMERICANS AND OTHER NATIONS ON.I PERSONALY THINK IT SHOULD BE A MULTI-NATIONAL SPACE AGENCY THAT BUILDS A BASE ON THE MOON.NASA IS TOO SECRETIVE AND KEEPS TOO MUCH FROM THE PUBLIC.

#19    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

As Long as they dont put  a Quick fry shop up there ! I want Dib`s on that !

This is a Work in Progress!

#20    Rhino666

Rhino666

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

They'll so it. As usual America is dragging it's heals. All talk and no action.

#21    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Postangi chiesa, on 30 December 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

China have a history of land grabbing,.. EG Tibet.So now the moon will be  Chinese possesion. Good place to launch missiles or spy camera .

I wouldn't get too excted by a headline.

The Moon is not "land" available for any nation to claim, and China has orbited a man, and executed a short EVA.  They have heavy lift capability to develop and man-rate, and space craft to develop, test, and man-rate, a mission profile to develop, and hundreds and hundreds of people to train.

I'd say, with the right economics,  a coordinated effort that didn't involve the military running the program,  a rudimentary lunar landing capability could be developed in the next 10 years by the Chinese, but, economically, I rather doubt it...and, a station as well?

It would make a nice novel, I think.

:tu:

#22    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postrogue33, on 01 January 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

I THINK IF THE CHINESE MAKE IT TO THE MOON IT WILL SPUR THE AMERICANS AND OTHER NATIONS ON.I PERSONALY THINK IT SHOULD BE A MULTI-NATIONAL SPACE AGENCY THAT BUILDS A BASE ON THE MOON.NASA IS TOO SECRETIVE AND KEEPS TOO MUCH FROM THE PUBLIC.

What???

#23    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostMID, on 03 January 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

I wouldn't get too excted by a headline.

The Moon is not "land" available for any nation to claim, and China has orbited a man, and executed a short EVA.  They have heavy lift capability to develop and man-rate, and space craft to develop, test, and man-rate, a mission profile to develop, and hundreds and hundreds of people to train.

I'd say, with the right economics,  a coordinated effort that didn't involve the military running the program,  a rudimentary lunar landing capability could be developed in the next 10 years by the Chinese, but, economically, I rather doubt it...and, a station as well?

It would make a nice novel, I think.

I would agree, MID. But to be honest, I have a feeling their rather ambitious plans are as much a domestic tool of politics as it is an actual ambition. I have no doubts they'll get there at some point, but the time line looks rather aggressive ;)

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#24    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 03 January 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

I would agree, MID. But to be honest, I have a feeling their rather ambitious plans are as much a domestic tool of politics as it is an actual ambition. I have no doubts they'll get there at some point, but the time line looks rather aggressive ;)

Cheers,
Badeskov

To be honest, I agree with you too Bade!

#25    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostMID, on 03 January 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

To be honest, I agree with you too Bade!

Your both so correct ! China will not go to the Moon on there own ! Even on a good day  we all will be needed to return to the Moon !
Now the real trick will be Growing up as a Unified Race !

#26    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 08 January 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Now the real trick will be Growing up as a Unified Race !

I think that the wisdom in that statement is pretty profound, D!

#27    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

View Postripperking, on 30 December 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Sounds a bit like racist comments here.
At the very least, I hope mankind will get over ethnic differences and realise we are all belonging  to the same race, the human race.  Good luck China and whoever does the next step in space flight!

I agree with you.

#28    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Sounds a bit like racist comments here

but the time line looks rather aggressive
these things speak for themselves?

..i think badeskov nailed it, aggressive. if current policies are to be believed and prevail, the writ of noone owns the moon will be a moot point, as even america refer to space in terms of force projection, etc.. everyone knows you grab the high ground?

i like what donteatus says, the next trick is to all grow together. continuing from that i think within 5 years the world will be even more unified than it is now.

i do think we are heading towards some kind of confrontation/culling of the human herd but the intention seems to be for at least some people (the general population) to survive and eventually get into space. (isn't this humanity's goal anyway?) ..i do think we are already in space if you know what i mean ^_^

ah well, thanks for hearing me out..

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#29    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Postrogue33, on 01 January 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

OK, I asked, "What?"

You may note there's been no reply.

Conclusion:  Another drive by.  It's epidemic anymore, you know?

Oh well... :rolleyes:

#30    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostMID, on 14 January 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

OK, I asked, "What?"

You may note there's been no reply.

Conclusion:  Another drive by.  It's epidemic anymore, you know?

Oh well... :rolleyes:

Look at the tag name Mid ,"rouge" Says a lot right ?
Well as for me I can look  up on any clear Moon lit night and actually see us on That baby again,maybe not in my life time but We will Go back! And just maybe ,Maybe We Shall Be A  unified type of Being by then ! by then we might just have twelve fingers to cross . :innocent:

Attached Thumbnails

• gravity.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users