Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Seeking the British Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,382 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

www.mania.com said:

While reports of Bigfoot-like hairy wild men abound throughout Britain, there is one area of the country that seems to attract more than its fair share of such activity: Castle Ring, in the county of Staffordshire. Located near the village of Cannock Wood and constructed between 500 B.C. and A.D. 40, Castle Ring is an Iron Age structure commonly known as a Hill Fort.It is 801 feet above sea level, and it main ditch and bank enclosure is fourteen feet high and, at its widest point, 853 feet across.

Little is known about the mysterious and long-forgotten people who built Castle Ring, except to say that its creators were already in residence at the time of the Roman invasion and remained there until approximately A.D. 50.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

I heard that they once tried to collect dental evidence to support the existence of British Bigfoot but alas all tooth samples accumulated were decayed beyond use.

Posted Image

#3    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

It's just a hairy Scottish bloke.

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Man, that one has everything - UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghosts, Psychic channels, etc.

Now throw in a Chupacabra and we'll be in business.

It is kind of odd, however, that the place has been there before the Romans, but yet no one saw this thing until 2005.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,210 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Or as we like to call them "Alan Moore".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#6    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

good one, mike!

#7    georgiebandit

georgiebandit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostMike G, on 01 January 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

I heard that they once tried to collect dental evidence to support the existence of British Bigfoot but alas all tooth samples accumulated were decayed beyond use.

It must be wonderful to be so narrow minded and ignorant !

#8    Spring Heeled Jerk

Spring Heeled Jerk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "Until we're all atheist, apolitical, pacifist vegetarians.......We're just sh!t flingin' chimps!"

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postgeorgiebandit, on 02 January 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Personally I liked that article though I will agree a Chupacabra thrown into the mix would be mint.

Yes georgiebandit they think it is wonderful to be so narrow minded and ignorant...... Until they need medical care and then they just whine about it and try to sue the ass off someone and...blah.  CLICK THIS But hey, they have to cling to their cultural stereotypes 'cos they haven't been around long enough to develop one of their own.  Oh!  hang on, my mate says they have, but it's unrepeatable here.  

Peace.

THIS POST HAS BEEN MODERATED

BY SPRaNG H01L0WED JUNK

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,210 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

View Postgeorgiebandit, on 02 January 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Or as we like to call it "having a sense of humour".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#10    airshrimp777

airshrimp777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• Brenden - "If awesome were a sin, then I would be damned"
    Raynin - "If awesome were a sin, you'd be Jesus"

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

British Bigfoot? I haven't heard of many major cryptids in Europe besides The Beast Of Gevaudan. Concentration in a certain area sounds like typical animal behavior, so it's nice to hear of a real cryptid and not embellished, malicious myth, like it was when gorillas were once cryptids. Perhaps this Briton Bigfoot is a new species that has found an ideal ecosystem and is attempting to thrive, maybe its a random genetic variation that may or may not survive its recent mutation, or it could just be a bad shipment of rye bread in that region (not sarcasm- fungus growing on this bread can cause severe psychological damage and hallucinations).

#11    U. N.Owen

U. N.Owen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Sometimes Central Russia, sometimes Central United Kingdom.

• `I am too much of a sceptic to deny the possibilty of anything` T.H. Huxley

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

I've been out of the old country for too long it seems ! It's news to me that that `bigfoot sightings abound` in the UK ! I am a firm believer in the corporeal existence of relict hominids in certain parts of the globe: Central Asia, some parts of Russia, especially Siberia, the Himalayas, China and some areas of North America...and, at a pinch, maybe Australia. As for their existence in our crowded hyper-urbanised little island - the very suggestion turns the subject into something of a joke. Granted there are reports of `wodewouses`  (` wild-men-of -the -woods`) from Medieval England and some interesting tales of `hairy men` from Scottish mountains, but these belong to the ancient past and would require more confirmation anyway.

I would love to be wrong about this because, as an expat Brit, I am greener than the Green-children -of- the- Wolfpites with envy at the Russians and Americans who have cryptozoology's greatest star in their backyard !

In fact, if you read the story it's not a flesh and blood man-like ape report at all, but some sort of demonic entity type of tale. In fact, it should not even have been posted in this section,

#12    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

• Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

I live not far from castle ring, used to go there quite a lot as a kid. I've never heard any rumours of a big foot type creature... plenty of rumours of a 'big cat' like a panther though.

There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

#13    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Im telling you its a Scotsman!

#14    95-Nasty

95-Nasty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• Mom and daddy said "the life that you've led
    You'll party you're way straight to hell"

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Ive heard the odd rumour of a British Big Foot (word of mouth etc) but never belived in it! Perhaps im wrong!!! I like the ideal of it being a hairy Scots man though haha.

The gods you worship are steel, at the alter of Rock 'n Roll youl kneel.

Long live, long live the King of Mercy.

#15    acute

acute

I'm a hoglet. Get over it!

• 3,064 posts

• Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostU. N.Owen, on 04 January 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

I've been out of the old country for too long it seems ! It's news to me that that `bigfoot sightings abound` in the UK ! I am a firm believer in the corporeal existence of relict hominids in certain parts of the globe: Central Asia, some parts of Russia, especially Siberia, the Himalayas, China and some areas of North America...and, at a pinch, maybe Australia. As for their existence in our crowded hyper-urbanised little island - the very suggestion turns the subject into something of a joke. Granted there are reports of `wodewouses`  (` wild-men-of -the -woods`) from Medieval England and some interesting tales of `hairy men` from Scottish mountains, but these belong to the ancient past and would require more confirmation anyway.

I would love to be wrong about this because, as an expat Brit, I am greener than the Green-children -of- the- Wolfpites with envy at the Russians and Americans who have cryptozoology's greatest star in their backyard !

In fact, if you read the story it's not a flesh and blood man-like ape report at all, but some sort of demonic entity type of tale....
I second these comments entirely. In the UK, there is nowhere remote enough, no forest large or dense enough, and nowhere undiscovered. The place is just too small for a bigfoot population.
I cannot entertain any reports of strange creatures at Castle Ring, unless we are suggesting a supernatural being or hoaxers. It is not unusual for urban myths and legends to grow up around ancient sites such as this one, but the real bigfoots are not here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users