Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

romanov survivors ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    sauniere

sauniere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Not sure where to put this topic, so i put it here, sorry.

Did any of the romanov's survive the massacre in 1918 ?. I'm sure i've read that they couldn't account for them all, though i know anna anderson, who claimed to be anastasia, was a fake.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,514 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

They're all dead, mostly because the Revolution needed them to be dead in order to remove figureheads around which the White Russians could unify. Whoever ordered their deaths and carried them out would have made quite sure they were all (1) in the cellar and (2) shot and (3) dead.

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 02 January 2012 - 11:05 PM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 02 January 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

They're all dead, mostly because the Revolution needed them to be dead in order to remove figureheads around which the White Russians could unify. Whoever ordered their deaths and carried them out would have made quite sure they were all (1) in the cellar and (2) shot and (3) dead.

Their bodies were found and buried in St Petersburg I think. If I remember right, after they were shot and the girls bayonetted, they were doused with acid, thrown into a pit, burned, covered over with earth and planks, dug up, moved, reburied.

So I think after all that they were really dead.

It's interesting that so many came forward claiming to be Anastasia. And even more interesting that people were willing to believe.

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,840 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostAntilles, on 03 January 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Their bodies were found and buried in St Petersburg I think. If I remember right, after they were shot and the girls bayonetted, they were doused with acid, thrown into a pit, burned, covered over with earth and planks, dug up, moved, reburied.

So I think after all that they were really dead.

Hmmm, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Look at the effort it took to kill Rasputin!  :unsure2:

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,187 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

Romanov Family

Sadly all dead.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#6    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 03 January 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Romanov Family

Sadly all dead.

Nibs

Yup. But you know, if DNA testing wasn't around, you could have Anastasias popping out of chimneys all over Europe. Just like a certain S  Claus.  :ph34r:

#7    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,187 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostAntilles, on 04 January 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

Yup. But you know, if DNA testing wasn't around, you could have Anastasias popping out of chimneys all over Europe. Just like a certain S  Claus.  :ph34r:

When I was young (before I realized that my age didn't fit) I used to tell people I was Anastasia.  That the people I lived with were really servants protecting me.  :P  I was a bit of a pain in the ass.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#8    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 04 January 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

When I was young (before I realized that my age didn't fit) I used to tell people I was Anastasia.  That the people I lived with were really servants protecting me.  :P  I was a bit of a pain in the ass.

Nibs

Well, if the royalty checks haven't started coming your way from Disney, then I think it's safe to say you ain't her!

#9    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

I was watching a documentary not so long ago where they analysed DNA from the bones in the alleged graves of the Romanovs and the result was a positive match.

#10    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 05 January 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I was watching a documentary not so long ago where they analysed DNA from the bones in the alleged graves of the Romanovs and the result was a positive match.

Yup.

DNA one.

Romanovs zero.

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,471 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

View Postsauniere, on 02 January 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Not sure where to put this topic, so i put it here, sorry.

Did any of the romanov's survive the massacre in 1918 ?. I'm sure i've read that they couldn't account for them all, though i know anna anderson, who claimed to be anastasia, was a fake.

If you are interested, here's an excellent website....
http://www.alexanderpalace.org/

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users